Bomi

Symphonies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 x 

Mino was sitting alone at one of fine café at Hongdae. He got a mission from Block B’s PO, a very best friend of him. The 93 liner friend was seriously having a big crush on Apink’s Bomi. Yes, PO admitted it recently during MBC ‘Secret Training Variety Show’ that aired couple days ago. And today, PO asked Mino’s help to give a love letter to Bomi since he was too shy to give it by himself.

Mino was tapping his fingers at the table since he feel bored yet nervous at the same time. “I’m just a courier why I felt this nervous tho?” he chuckled as he was talking to himself.

He keep threw his gaze around the café since the girl still didn’t come yet. Fortunately, the café that belonged to PO’s cousin wasn’t so crowded with the customers, so no one recognize his presence because he already wore a cap to covering his green hair.

“Oh geez, Song Minho should’ve not being this nervous,” he sighed before put the gaze back to his Americano.

Suddenly, a voice of barista sounded. Mino quickly turned his face to found the source of the sound as he could see a barista greeted a new guest. He could see a girl with pink cap and use a scarf to cover half of her face, had entered the café.

“Oh, hello,” Mino immediately got up from his seat as the girl approaching him.

That girl slowly took off her cap and her scarf, showing her face and Mino got his eyes widened at the same time.

“Hello, Mino-ssi. I’m sorry for making you wait for me,” a smile naturally formed on her face as she bowed toward him politely.

“O-oh, n-never mind,” Mino said, stuttering.

Without loosening the smile on her face, Bomi asked that she can take her seat and Mino awkwardly nodding his head.

“Please take your seat, sunbaenim.”

“Thank you,” Bomi immediately sat in front of him.

“I’d already ordered you orange juice. Do you want to order another? Cookies or something?” Mino asked as he still tried to tame his sudden wild heartbeat.

“Thank you. I’ll order it later,” Bomi said, still smiling.

After that, there was a pregnant silence greets them. Mino could sense that his heart was beating strangely since Bomi’s arrival. He could not stop his legs from wagging under the table, while he let his finger tips was knocking on the table continuously. He looked fidgeting – blame her beautiful smile.

“You look so pretty…” Mino by out of the blue blurted out and it cause Bomi startled by his sudden remark.

He quickly regrets his blunt act after seeing her expression. “Uh, oh, I-I’m sorry, sunbaenim. I didn’t mean to—“

“It’s okay, Mino-ssi,” she immediately cut his words while look down. Mino was taken aback because he could see her cheeks were blushing. “Thank you. You look so handsome too.”

“T-thank you, sunbae,” Mino eventually curved a smile on his face.

“Um, please don’t be too formal to me. I’m younger than you anyway,” she said, still look down.

“Oh, okay. Bomi?”

“Ah, it’s way better,” Bomi smiled again.

They remained silent again. Feeling a little bit awkward, neither of them knew what to say and they were both feeling extremely nervous for some unknown reasons.

Bomi – who was always being talkative person, so did Mino, had never been so quiet in their life like they did at that time.

“So… Bomi, how have you been lately?” Mino asked, trying to break their awkwardness. “I’ve heard that Apink will make comeback soon…”

Bomi lifted her chin before another smile formed. “You’re right. Apink will make a comeback very soon. And Mino-ssi, um, I mean, Mino… I wonder what makes you suddenly invite me to meet you here… Is there something that you wanted to tell me?” she asked before looking down again.

Mino blinked for some seconds before he just realized what his true mission was. He shoved his hand inside his pocket pants, holding PO’s love letter inside. He really knew that his best friend had asked him to give that sacred letter to the girl that he had a crush on. But Mino didn’t know why he couldn’t do it. His heart suddenly betrayed it.

“Um, actually… I just wanted to say sorry to you after what I’ve done at our latest program,” he lied.

Bomi was staring at him in question look. “What is it?”

“You know that during the recording, I’ve kept ask PO to confess about the girl that he wanted to date and I was afraid that it made you uncomfortable…” Mino explained without even dare to look at her.

This time, Bomi let out a soft chuckle.

“No, it’s okay. I feel amused tho, because I know it’s just scripted. You know that I’ve done so many variety shows before and we need to increase the viewers by done something like that. And I amazed with you and PO’s variety skills,” she suddenly blabbering and it cause Mino stares at her in surprise.

Bomi caught his facial expression, then she was looking down again, felt embarrass. Mino couldn’t help but smiling as he saw her cuteness.

Bomi started to drink the orange juice, while Mino silently sipping his coffee. They could notice how the sun was already setting from the café’s big window.

“Thank you, Bomi. Thank you for taking your time to come here,” Mino broke the silence as he put his cup back to its place.

“Thanks for inviting me,” she said, showing her smile again. “But next time, it will be my treat for you.”

Mino’s eyes widened and his heart skipped a beat after heard what she just said. But he recovered fast and nodding his head. “It will be great. I wanted to know you better.”

Bomi was taken aback with his sudden remark. And like Mino could sense her changing expression, he quickly said.

“I’m sorry, Bomi. I mean, I like to have friend. Yeah, you know that we’re in the same liner and I don’t know you before. And today I found that I do enjoy talking with you so much and—“

“Don’t worry,” she cut her words and let out a smile, a wide one on her face. “I would never misunderstand your words.”

“So…” he held his words while still staring at her deeply. “Can we be friends? I mean one of your close friends? I think I like your personality,” he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yes, we should being a good friend, Mino. So we can play around with Seungyoon and Eunji together!”

Mino chuckled. “Okay… So, what about your husband? I mean, your virtual husband, Choi Taejoon-nim. Did you develop a real r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter