Chapter 8

The 5 year old case

"Your uncle.."Sinb spoke up after the long silence in the car. "He's pretty suspicious.."Eunha looked at her. "He has been pretty suspicious after giving me the case."said Eunha, shrugging her shoulders. 

"Do you think he knows something about the case? Or what happened to the apartment?"Yerin asked. 

"Maybe. There's a possibility he knew something."said Sinb, parking the car infront of the old apartment. "Like how could he knew the exact amount of the gold bars?"

"Right. Only personnel of the bank or the suspects could knew the exact amount."Sowon said, raising the suspicion on Eunha's uncle. 

"I'll continue to try and find more fingerprints."said Yuju, taking out her tools. 

"Now that leaves us to find more clues."Eunha said, getting out of the car. They went to Umji's old apartment but this time they noticed something. 

"How could we not notice this camera.."Sinb facepalmed herself, pointing at the cctv near the staircase. 

"That probably can help us know what happened!"said Yerin. "The owner is probably back by this time right now. I'll help you talk to him."Eunha said, both her and Sinb went to the landlord's office and knocked. 

"You two? Is your investigation finished?"the landlord asked, clearly irritated. 

"No, but we need to ask you something."said Sinb, stepping inside, with an intimidating aura. This made the man scared, especially after Eunha closed the door. 

"W-what is it?"The man stuttered. 

"About the cctv on the second floor, near the staircase. Can you.. rewind it?"Sinb asked, almost growling. 

The man tried to look everywhere except both of them. 

"A-about that.. ah.. it's been five years!"

"So what? I believe you still have it there."

"A-actually..I-I don't.."

"WHAT?!"Sinb grabbed the man by his collar. "You.. don't?"

"The-the..men who took her, threatened to kill me! They said if I don't delete it, they will kill me and my family!"the man closed his eyes, scared that Sinb will do something to him. 

"What were the men like?"asked Eunha. 

"T-tall! O-one of them looks like in his Mid 20's. The other one is a bit older, like in his 40's or 50's"the man said. 

"You told this to the other detectives who came here before us?"Sinb asked.

"N-no..ma'am."

"I see.."she lets go of the man and left the room with Eunha. 

They went back to the others. "So, did you get it?"asked Sowon. "No, no use. The man deleted it because he's scared that he'll get killed along with his family."Sinb growled under her breathe.

"Atleast we got some details about the men."said Eunha. Sowon took out her notepad and pen. "he said one man is in his mid 20's and the other is 40 or 50 plus. Both of them are tall."

Sinb just stomped angrily inside Umji's bedroom. A white paper caught her eyes. She took it and reads it. 

They're here. They're pushing the door. What do they need from me? I didn't do anything to them. They're shouting my name but I won't budge. I ask myself, what does this illegal gold bars doing in here? Is this the reason why they're coming after me? 

No, I didn't stole the gold bars. Uncle gave it to me. But why would he give it to me? 

They had opened the door..