Chapter 3

The 5 year old case

 

          "Oh hello, Sinb, Yerin-unnie"Eunha opened the door widely for them. "Come in! Make yourself at home"Yerin and Sinb went inside Eunha's cozy home. 

          "You live here alone?"Yerin asked, sitting on one of the couches. "No, I live with my partners. They're going to be home soon"Eunha picked up her books which she was reading earlier. 

           Eunha noticed the Yerin and Sinb's bags. "Oh? Are you two on break?"Sinb shook her head. "No unnie, infact we're here to investigate the case of gangnam-gu."

          "That creepy murder? Is Ilsan connected to that case or something?"Eunha asked. "Nope, it's just that Umji is found dead in gangnam-gu's mysterious murder."Sinb explained. 

           "Umji?! To that mysterious killing?! Oh my god"Eunha's eyes widened after the news. "That's why we're here though. We need to investigate the apartment of Umji first to find some leads"Yerin said. 

            "Starting now? I doubt the landlord would let us in. He's very scared that suddenly he'll find Umji's 'ghost' inside it"said Eunha, going to the kitchen. "Would you like tea?"

          "Juice is okay"said Yerin. While they waited for Eunha. The front door opened and a tall, model-like girl entered the living room. 

          "So tall"

          "Omg. You're so beautiful"

       Yerin and Sinb looked at each other and the tall girl looked at them with confused look. "Oh! Unnie you're back. Where's Yuju?"Eunha came back with glasses of orange juice. 

        "She's going in for overtime. These girls?"The girl asked. "Oh! They're Yerin-unnie and Sinb---Yerin-unnie, Sinb; Sowon-unnie."

       "Hi"

       "Hello"

       Sowon nodded at them. "Oh! Sowon-unnie! Can they both stay in your room for awhile? Your room is big enough for three people right?"Eunha said. "What about their beds?"Sowon asked. 

        "The floor is nice"

        "Yeah, I love the floor so much, like I love you"

       Yerin whispered the last part that goes unheard except for Sinb. "Anyway, what are they here for?"Sowon asked. "Why do you have so much questions? Are you a journalist??"Sinb asked. 

         "I am a journalist"Sowon replied. "Oh, well, both of us-- err, I'm a detective while Yerin-unnie is a police"said Sinb. Sowon nodded and went upstairs. "Rude."Sinb clicking her tongue on Sowon's way. 

         "Anyways, about your investigation? When?"Eunha asks. "Tomorrow. We'll have a talk with the landlord. Tonight, we'll just rest from the tiring drive."said Sinb. 

          "Okay! Unnie's room at upstairs, on the left"Eunha smiled.