Chapter 10

The 5 year old case

"Chief Jung wasn't in the department, so it really seemed like he tried to get away from us. I am 100% sure he knew something about this but I'm not sure if he'll tell the truth." Sinb said in a low voice as she looked at her team.

"We still need to investigate the crime scene more, we might as well find more evidences and more people that are connected to the case." Eunha spoke up, looking at Sinb seriously.

"She's right, we also have to wait for the results of the fingerprint that Yuju's analyzing, it might give us a big guide." Yerin said. Sinb frowned, they are right yet right now, they still have no enough lead on what to do next.

"We'll have to stop here for today, tomorrow we'll come back to the crime scene." Sinb said, they went to their own rooms and slept for the day.

The next day, Yuju already prepared the results of the fingerprints.

"The first one on the leg of the chair was unidentified, but I still have some clue that his blood is B+ while the one we found on the bedroom wall was from a former criminal, Min Yoongi." Yuju said, showing the results to her friends.

"Former Criminal?" Sinb asked. "Yes, jailed for attempted murder, he's around late 20s now." Eunha said.

Yerin came in and was holding a name card. "Hey guys, I found this name card from Umji's room.. uh it says here... 'Kim SeokJin'.. Oh look! There's a phone number but... it's smudged..."

"Let me see... Uh, 438-...... Uh, what? It's really smudged.." Eunha said.

"I guess, he's another person who's connected to this case.." Sinb said, quietly. "Oh, he's a banker.. working for the National Bank.." Yerin said, reading the name card. They all looked at each other.