Chapter 9

The 5 year old case

"Sinb!"Yerin called out to her best friend who angrily gets out of the room. "Where are you going?"she went up to her and asked. 

"I'm going back to the department, right now."Sinb growled, her fists clenching. Yerin took the paper from Sinb and reads it. 

Sinb took deep breaths as Yerin reads the note. The latter looked up, her eyes widened from the revelation of Umji about the gold bars. "U-uncle? She.. she doesn't mean Eunha's right?.. Right?"

"She is."Sinb said. "It's no doubt he knew the exact amount and he looked pretty suspicious about it."

"What.. what do we do now? Go and have a talk with him about it? I doubt he'll say the truth."

Sinb thought about it. Yerin is right, there's no possibility Eunha's uncle will say the truth, he's guilty as charged. 

"Maybe few more evidences will do the trick."said Sinb, approaching Yuju. "Unnie, do me a favor. Stop that and examine the first two fingerprints first"

Yuju stood up and raised an eyebrow. "I understand but why's that?"

"I need some evidences if the person I have in mind really did this."

Yuju nodded and Sinb went to Sowon. "Unnie, can you please interrogate the people who are connected to the case along with Eunha-unnie? I want you to make sure they tell the truth. "

"I see. I could do that."Sinb nodded and went back to Yerin. "Now let's go!"she dragged Yerin with her. 

Sinb drove to the department again and this time they didn't see Eunha's uncle. "Where is Chief Jung?"Sinb asked. The young police man shrugged his shoulders. "He just said he'll go somewhere, he didn't told us where to."

This made Sinb frustrated, she slammed her fist on the desk and groaned. 

"Sinb, we could continue this tomorrow. I am sure he'll be here."

"I doubt it." 

"So? Eunha's here right? We could just ask her his address."Yerin said making Sinb sigh in defeat. "Okay, fine. Let's go to the others."