Chapter 2

The 5 year old case

              "So.. Do you have any ideas what's the next step?"asked Yerin. Sinb growled under her breath and crumpled the ends of the picture. She stood up, went to the water dispenser, grabbed a paper cup, and filled it with water. "Go to Ilsan. Talk with Eunha-unnie."She growled and drank the water roughly. 

              "Woah, calm down, Sinb. It's not the end of the world"said Yerin. Sinb threw the paper cup to the trash bin. "Well for me, it is!"she went back to her seat and slammed her hands on the table. Yerin gave no reaction. "The main victim here is Umji! Our bestfriend! Our ing childhood bestfriend, Unnie!"

               "I know, Sinb. You just need to calm down and think through this!"said Yerin, approaching Sinb. "Are you really sure talking to Eunha is a good start?" 

              "It has to be, that's where Umji was before the murder"said Sinb, slowly relaxing. "I see"Yerin looked out the window. "When are we going to Ilsan? Tomorrow?"

               "Tonight."Sinb sat down. "Pack some clothes, unnie. I think we're going to stay there for a while"Yerin hummed instead of answering. 

               Sinb arranged the file back to it's folder and closed it. "I will go and have a talk with the chief. Feel free to go back to your house to pack"said Sinb before living the room. 

               She walked down on the same hallway to the chief's office. She knocked on the door and waited. 

               "Come in"she opened the door and quickly approached the chief. "Oh, Detective Sinb, is there something wrong?"the chief asked noticing the serious expression Sinb have. 

                "Not a problem, but an information sir"said Sinb, sitting down on a chair. "The family who was killed, they're the Kim family"the chief widened his eyes. 

                "How?"the chief asked. "I'll just say, I'm really close to them"said Sinb. "But there's this one tricky thing"said Sinb. The chief arched his eyebrows. "The same night and year, there was this one girl named Umji, she disappeared"the chief nodded. 

                  "But how.. how did she became one of the victims of that family murder"Sinb took out the picture of Umji's corpse. "when her case was happening in Ilsan?"

                  The chief took the picture and examined it. "if she was in Ilsan... how did this happen then?"the chief looked back at Sinb. "What's your move?"

                   "We're going to Ilsan and talk with Detective Eunha"Sinb said darkly. "I bet she knows something"

                    The chief hummed and nodded his head. "Good luck."He said and dismissed Sinb afterwards. 

 

SKIP

 

                     Sinb waited for Yerin outside the building. "Hey!"Yerin waved at her as she runs. Sinb just waited for Yerin to finally stop. 

                     "I'm still wondering how did you end up to be a police with that personality"Sinb said when Yerin finally stopped. Yerin just pouted. "Are you underestimating me?"

                     "No, just saying"said Sinb, entering her car. Yerin followed after, sitting inside the passenger seat. Sinb, then, started the engine. 

 

SKIP

 

                    Even though it's just an hour ride. For Sinb, it felt hours and noisy(?) because of Yerin opening her bag of chips and crunching noises. 

                    She stopped infront of the house, where Eunha is staying. Yerin was asleep on her side, likely leaning on the car door and snoring. 

                    It was just 9 pm, as seen on her watch. She shook Yerin, who groaned and opened her eyes. "We're here, unnie" 

                    She exited the car and went to the door, with Yerin, who stumbled on her steps, following her. 

                    Sinb knocked on the door and waited. When there was no response, she knocked again, and again. 

                    "Coming!"Sinb and Yerin waited until the door was opened by a petite figure. 

                    It was Eunha, with a surprised expression upon seeing them.