CH 013

Seaside Bay High!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xero

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. My head ached, so I rubbed it, then turned around to see Sojin and some guy sleeping. My eyes widened.
"What the..." I looked down and saw I was only in my boxers. At this point my jaw dropped. "What the hell happened!?" I rushed out of the room, looking for my clothes, and found my dirty suit from the party, though it looked like they had tried to clean it off. A sharp pain sprinted through my head again, making me fall to the floor as trying to concentrate was too much for me. I sat there for a minute and got back up to put on my pants and dress shirt. I didn't bother with the jacket.  I looked at the sleeping Sojin once more, and realized it was Jackson who was next to her, then left in a hurry home, desperate for new clothes.

My parents were asleep when I had arrived so I walked into the kitchen after changing into fresh clothes, turning a quick morning bite into a plateful of leftover dinner. I shoved a spoonful of tteokbokki in my mouth, barely chewing, and my mom suddenly arrived at the kitchen entrance. I looked up at her with a mouth full of food.
"Umma..?" I said.
"Xero..." She took a seat next to me. "There has been a lot of talk about you in school. And I've been getting phone calls from your teachers that say you haven't been showing up for the entire week. Your grades are slipping. This isn't like you."
I managed to shove the food down my throat, but didn't respond.
She gave me a stern look. "You know it's better to talk to me then appa. So spit it out."
I sighed. "I just... Everyone is changing umma... There are so many fights lately and I try to stop them, but now I'm just being called names, 'Mr. Nice Guy.' And what's worse is that these fights are between my friends... And they are spreading rumors about me saying I'm sleeping with people... But worst of all... I think I actually like a girl they rumored about me... But she is with someone. I asked her to the dance but... Everything got ruined..."
"You like that Sojin girl? She is trouble you know."
"No umma, those are rumors... Sojin is really caring."
"I don't think a video is a rumor, I saw her hit that girl."
"Because that girl started this mess! She calls her a and says she's cheating on her boyfriend who moved away! She's really not like that..."
She took a deep breath, then put her hand over mine. "Here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna go online and message that Sojin girl, tell her you're fine, and then you're gonna stay home from school for another week and sort out yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter