nine

MEMORIES (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

 

**

 

"I don't expect you to be okay with everything but you need to slowly accept it and let go." Jihyo said as she and Sana prepared to go home. Sana told her about her encounter with Nayeon and Mina earlier. Of course Sana would be lying if she'd tell Jihyo she's okay with seeing them together so she told the truth that she's still hurting. "It'll be a long process Sana but you need to be tough." Sana sighed as she nodded her head. "Hey Sana-yah you know you have me right? If things get hard you can always lean on me." Sana smiled at Jihyo, she was grateful that she has someone like Jihyo with her in times like this. 

"Thank you Jihyo-ah." 

 

--

 

The following day Sana tried to focus herself on the hospital duties, it was successful since she wasn't able to think about Mina and Nayeon the whole day. She was also lucky not to be assigned with Nayeon during her rounds. After a tiring day at the hospital she went earlier than Jihyo since the latter needed to stay for overtime. 

 

"Come on it's really fine if you'll go ahead!" Jihyo insisted

"I can wait for you at the grocery." Sana suggested but Jihyo shook her head. 

"No need Sana! I can just go later! And besides Jennie's also doing OT." Sana sighed in defeat 

"Alright!"

 

--

 

Sana passed by the grocery first to grab some snacks and dinner. She was on the snack lane grabbing the last box of pepero when a person also grabbed it. Sana turned to her side and was surprised when she saw who it was. 

 

"You..uh." Her hold on the pepero loosened as she stepped back. 

"Hey! I remember you!" The person greeted brightly with a smile. "What a coincidence to see you here!" Sana wasn't able to answer since she was too engrossed on staring at the person's features. "What was your name again?" Sana's trance was broken when the girl placed the pepero back to the aisle. 

"I'm Sana." She stuttered as she looked at her face. 

"Mina! Myoui Mina." The girl offered her hand for a handshake. Sana didn't know if she'd take Mina's hand but it would be rude if she declined so she unsurely reached for the latter's hand. 

"Minatozaki Sana." She said with a small smile. 

"Nice to meet you Sana." After shaking Sana's hand Mina took the pepero back from the aisle and placed it on Sana's basket. Sana was surprised at the action she immediately shook her head and placed it back to Mina's hand. 

"You can have it Mina-ssi." 

"No. You can have it." Mina smiled making Sana's heart beat faster because of the beautiful sight. "I'll have this instead." Mina picked another dessert. 

"Th..thank you." Sana hanged her head low. 

"Still gonna buy something else or your headed to the cashier?" Mina asked as she looked at her watch. Sana shook her head. "Me too." 

 

Mina walked towards the counter to pay while Sana followed. Sana doesn't even know why she followed Mina when she could've pretended to buy some more. She watched as Mina paid for her stuff. 

 

"Thanks." Mina said to the cashier then she looked back at Sana. "I'll be going now Sana. It's nice bumping in to you here." Mina smiled once more. If Sana's heart could swell because of happiness it probably did. 

"Yeah me too." 

"Bye!" Mina waved before she went out of the grocery. Sana waved back and watched until Mina's figure was out of sight. When she turned back to the cashier it was already smiling at her. 

"You like her?" The cashier asked as she punched the item on the machine. Sana quickly denied and shook her head. "But I saw the way you looked at her." The girl behind the counter smiled teasingly. "Too bad she has her eyes settled on somebody else right?" When Sana heard that she felt like someone dropped a heavy load on her heart. "She's a regular customer here and I saw her fiancée too. Such a cute couple and I don't blame you for liking her, she's really nice." Sana only nodded. Wanting the conversation to end already. "Is that all?" The cashier asked and when Sana nodded she smiled. "I'm Chaeyoung by the way." 

"Sana." 

 

--

 

A few days later Sana and Jihyo were surprised when they both received an invitation from Jennie. The latter said they'd go to a party but didn't fully explain on the details. Sana was hesitant at first but soon agreed when Jihyo insisted and used puppy eyes on her. 

 

"Are you sure you don't have any idea on who's party is it? I mean? Aren't we going to be party crashers there?" Sana asked once more as she finished putting powder on her face. She looked at Jihyo whose busy combing her hair. 

"Jennie said it's a surprise but we know the person so it doesn't matter." Jihyo shrugged "Are you done?" Jihyo turned around to face Sana. "Wow you look good in that black dress!" 

"So do you!" Sana giggled 

 

--

 

They went to Jennie's apartment and the latter said they should wait just a bit for someone. 

 

"Jennie how many more are we attending that party?" Jihyo asked while they waited on the couch. 

"Oh you'll know it when you see it." Jennie's phone then vibrated and when she saw the message she instantly smiled. "Come on she's outside." 

 

Sana and Jihyo followed as Jennie lead the way. They arrived at the parking area and saw Jisoo leaning on the door of her car. Sana and Jihyo's eyes widen when they saw the luxurious car that Jisoo was driving. 

 

"Do..doctor Kim?!" Sana mumbled and panicked internally 

 

"Hiii!" Jennie greeted Jisoo with a kiss on her cheek. Jisoo smiled widely before turning to look at Jihyo and Sana. 

"Hello there!" 

"Hi Doctor Kim." Both Sana and Jihyo greeted back. It was new for them to see Kim Jisoo outside the hospital and being all blushy and shy around them. 

 

"Come on you two! We don't wanna be late for the party!" Jennie said before dragging the two inside the car. 

 

--

 

"So Jennie didn't tell you that it's Nayeon's party?" Jisoo asked to confirm. She found it funny that Jennie dragged the two without telling them who is the celebrant. 

"No." It was Jihyo who answered while Jennie kept laughing at the front seat. 

"I just forgot to mention it! And besides it's not that they do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter