eight

MEMORIES (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

**

 

 

After her talk with Jeongyeon Sana explained to Jihyo what happened. Jihyo was surprised as well, she was saddened by the news of Mina losing all her memories. She also felt bad for Sana that she only found about it now.

 

"Jihyo I don't know if I can do this. I am not sure if I am ready to see her and pretend that I'm okay with everything. I still love her Jihyo." Sana cried once more. Just when she thought she lost all her tears crying for Mina the past few months before, this happened. 

"Sana you need to be strong." Jihyo rubbed Sana's arms. "You need to face this. We all know that this will be hard for you but you need to accept the situation now."

 

Sana nodded her head, even though she still loves Mina and this situation is hard for her she needs to accept it. She needs to face the truth in order for her to move on. 

 

"We will always be by your side to support you Sana." 

 

--

 

When Mina finished her appointment with Doctor Kim she went to look for Nayeon first. She went to the Nurse Station and saw Jennie in the front desk. She immediately greeted the girl. 

 

"Hi Jennie!" Mina waved to catch the said girl's attention. 

"Oh hey Miss Myoui!" Jennie stopped what she was doing to entertain the latter.

"I told you to just call me Mina." Jennie smiled shyly 

"Ah yes Mina." They both laughed. "So are you waiting for Doctor Im?" Jennie inquired 

"Yup. I just finished my appointment with Jisoo." When Mina said that she wiggled her brows. 

"Ahh right with Doctor Kim." Jennie pretended not to know about Mina's teasing. "Oh hey look Doctor Im! Just in time!" When Jennie said that Nayeon just went out of the room. Mina shook her head and smiled at Jennie. 

 

She walked towards Nayeon and greeted her. "Hi love!" 

"Minaaa!" Nayeon greeted her "Oh babe! No hugging! Nuh-uh." Mina could only laugh at Nayeon. "So how's the check-up?" 

"Well it was good. Jisoo said that she'll call me if she needs to run another test." 

 

The two of them were walking along the corridors while Nayeon greets her co-workers here and there. They passed by the Nurse Station 3 and Mina saw the nurse from Jisoo's office who ran away. Their eyes met for a second before the nurse turned her gaze away. Mina didn't expect the reaction from the girl. 

 

"Love?" Nayeon nudged Mina's shoulder 

"Oh sorry what was it?" 

"I said my parents wants us to have dinner with them tomorrow. Are you free?" Mina checked her phone and a smile formed on her face when she saw that the date is cleared. 

"Yup I am!" 

"Aww thank you love!" 

 

--

 

When Sana got home to their apartment she immediately locked herself in her room. The scene where Mina and Doctor Im were talking flashed in her mind. She found out from Jennie the story of Mina's lost memories. Jennie told her all the things she knew about Mina and Nayeon. Hence, Sana finding out that they were engaged for the second time and will be married in two months. Her heart broke into tiny million pieces when she heard that. She can't deny to herself that she still longed for Mina. If only there was a way she could make Mina remember her she would do it in a heartbeat. 

 

"No Sana! You are not that kind of person!" She said to herself while crying. "No matter how much you love Mina it's wrong for you to take her away from her love one. Sana you just need to be strong!"

 

"Sana are you alright there?" Jihyo knocked on her door. Sana wiped her tears and blew her nose on the tissue. 

"Yeah! I'll be out in a minute!" 

 

Sana got up and fixed her things. She accidentally dropped her wallet and saw a photo of Mina in it. She smiled as she picked it up and read the note behind it. Just like a trip to memory lane Sana remembered how she got the photo of Mina. 

 

•• flashback 

 

It was Mina's last day at the hospital when she asked Jeongyeon for a piece of paper. 

 

"I don't have. I left my bag at the car. What are you gonna do with it?" Jeongyeon asked clueless of Mina's plans.

"Nothing! Just please pass my bag!" Jeongyeon shook her head but followed. "Thanks!"

 

Mina checked her bag for any piece of paper she could scribble on. She huffed frustratingly when she saw nothing. She saw her graduation photo and bit her lip.

 

"Hi Miss Minatozaki! I would like to say thank you for taking care of me well! I hope we could meet each other again in the future! I hope you don't throw this too." (even though i an not really photogenic i think i look ok here miss 😜)

 

-Mina Myoui 

 

 

Mina left it on her bedside table for Sana to see. Her plan didn't fail because Sana was able to see it. And of course the photo was kept. 

 

"How cute." Sana giggled as she stared at the photo. 

 

--

 

"Minatozaki what time will your shift end?" One of her co-workers asked when she finished her rounds.

"In 5 minutes!" Sana answered back.

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter