one

MEMORIES (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

 

**

 

“Good afternoon passengers. This is your captain speaking. First I'd like to welcome everyone on Japan Airlines Flight JPL 29A. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 30,000 feet at an airspeed of 350 miles per hour. The time is 3:25 pm. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side we are expecting to land in Japan approximately fifteen minutes ahead of schedule. The weather in Japan is clear and sunny, with a high of 25 degrees for this afternoon. If the weather cooperates we should get a great view of the city as we descend. The cabin crew will be coming around in about twenty minutes time to offer you a light snack and beverage, and the inflight movie will begin shortly after that. I'll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight.”

 

Mina switched off her microphone then looked at her co-pilot and at the same time bestfriend Jeongyeon. The short-haired girl gave Mina a thumbs-up before switching their gears to auto-pilot. It was their second flight for the day and Mina's just excited to land back in Japan. 

 

“So how’s everything with Miss nurse huh?” Jeongyeon teased once she and Mina were comfortable on their seats. Mina cracked her knuckles before looking at her bestfriend. She and Jeongyeon have been friends ever since they were little kids. They treat each other like sisters already. So what Mina knows its sure that Jeongyeon knows it too. 

“Well the last time we saw each other was last Monday.” Mina rolled her eyes playfully “But so far everything is great between us.” She smiled.

“You already told her?” Mina looked at Jeongyeon once more. Her face turned from a smiley one to a look of guilt. “You haven’t?”

“I can’t get the right timing Jeong.” She sighed loudly “But I promise I’ll tell her. I’m planning these weekends since I’ll be taking some time off.”

“You better tell her as soon as possible Mina.” Jeongyeon smiled as if to reassure her bestfriend. “You guys seem to be getting really serious.” That statement made Mina chuckled “You really love her don’t you?”

“I do Jeong. I really do.”

 

--

 

Later that evening

 

When Mina arrived at her apartment she immediately slumped her body on the queen-sized bed. Flying for almost a day drained all Mina’s energy in her body. While she was lying on the bed a sound from her phone interrupted her musing. She lazily picked her phone from the nightstand and saw Jeongyeon's name flashing on the screen. 

 

“Agh damn Jeongyeon?” she mumbled to herself before answering the call. “Yah!”

“Wow what a great way to greet me Myoui. Good evening to you too.” Jeongyeon laughed from the other line.

“I was resting and you just had to disturb it Jeong.” Mina groaned while walking towards the dining area. “What’s with the call though?” she opened the fridge but was disappointed when she saw nothing microwavable in it. She heard her stomach grumble making her clicked her tongue. 

“Nothing was just gonna ask if you’re home now which I think is yes ‘coz you were resting.” Jeongyeon laughed again “Sorry.”

“Whatever are you home now?” Mina closed the fridge and made a mental note to tell her girlfriend about their lack of grocery supplies. 

“Nope! Me, and my girlfriend are going for a dinner together.” Mina smiled at hearing that. Jeongyeon told her before that she is seeing a flight attendant from their company. She hasn't met the girl yet but she's glad to see that Jeongyeon is happy with her. 

“The flight attendant? What's her name again? Mohmu?”

“YAH! It's MOMO! MO-MO! BAKA!” Jeongyeon yelled from her phone. Mina chuckled before apologizing

“Wow okay Momo it is.”

 

Mina and Jeongyeon talked some more until the ringing of the doorbell was heard. “Oh Jeong gotta hang up now! Enjoy with your date.”

 

Mina didn’t hear what Jeongyeon said as she hurriedly made her way to the front door. She opened the door and a wide smile crept on her face when she saw the person behind it. It was non-other than her girlfriend Sana. The nurse that Jeongyeon was asking about earlier. 

 

“Sana!” She mumbled unable to keep the giddiness off her voice. "Babe!"

“Hi babe.” Sana answered with a smile that Mina swore was one of the best smiles she saw. "I brought some groceries." Sana showed the bag making Mina's smile wider. Sana is really a reliable person Mina is so lucky.

“Gosh you're the best! I missed you babe!” Mina pulled her in for a hug. She buried her face on the crook of Sana’s neck as she mumbled her words of I miss you’s. “Gosh it’s been what? Almost 2 weeks.” Mina added with a whine. 

“I miss you too Minari.” Sana answered lovingly. She cupped Mina’s face gently before she placed a chaste kiss on her lover’s lips.

 

//

 

Flashback

 

8 months ago

 

“Mina I told you a millionth time that you should go see a doctor already!” Jeongyeon scolded Mina while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter