NWH: Job Well Done

Sasaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun kept rolling his task over and over in his head, not seeing any way this was not going to turn out bad for himself… for Sunggyu… for everyone, really. He’d let LOVR lure him into a false sense of calm until he’d woken up two days after the new year to find a message waiting for him. How did he think LOVR was going to let this go? How could he have been so stupid?

“Woohyun you said you’d bring drinks.” Howon accused, taking in Woohyun’s empty hands as he opened the door for him to walk into the apartment.

“I forgot.” He said, blinking as he vaguely recalled promising to buy the drinks the day before he’d woken up and seen the message that morning. “I’m sorry.”

Howon had left him at the door and was already dialing a number.

“Yeah, are you still coming?” Howon said into his phone. “Can you get us some drinks? Woohyun’s an unreliable idiot.”

Sungjong sat in front of the TV with a brush in his hand that he tapped his lap with as he nodded to the song playing in front of him.

“Hyung!” He called, not looking up at Woohyun as Woohyun sat beside him.

“What’s with the brush?”

“Howon-hyung gave me punishment.”

“He lost a bet.” Howon shouted from another room.

“What bet?” Woohyun asked.

“Howon-hyung gave me punishment.” Sungjong repeated stubbornly.

“Where is everybody?” Woohyun asked, looking around. “Where’s Sunggyu-hyung?” He held his tongue from specifying. Somehow, he’d hoped today would be the day they broke the news of their… thing to the rest of the group. But LOVR had other plans. And Woohyun was seething on the inside. If he didn’t do this now, there’d only be something worse.

And besides, LOVR had promised that this was the last time.

*****

By the time Sungjong tapped his thigh for the 600th time and stopped, hissing and pulling away the edge of his shorts to reveal red, bruising skin, Howon’s door opened and Woohyun’s heart sank because he could already feel Sunggyu’s presence in the apartment. Even before he opened his mouth to speak.

“We’re here!” Sunggyu called as he helped Chelsie take off her coat before moving to take his off while she entered into the apartment carrying a bag of drinks.

“I love you.” Howon said, taking the bag and kissing her on the cheek.

“You’re lucky I work at a bar.”

“This is why I said Sunggyu-hyung should marry you.” Howon disappeared into the kitchen.

“YOU’RE PAYING FOR THOSE!” Sunggyu called as he entered behind Chelsie.

“Noonim!” Sungjong squealed, coming up to pick Chelsie in a hug as he spun her around. “Happy new year.”

“Happy new year, Jong-ah. Where have you been hiding?”

“You’re the one who’s stopped coming around.” Sungjong pouted.

“Sorry.” She said, cringing in shame. “Had to pick up more shifts at the bar.”

“It’s not like she can go around visiting all seven of us now that we don’t live together.” Woohyun said sensibly, shoving the maknae aside to receive his own hug. “Happy new year.”

“Are you taller?” She asked as Woohyun engulfed her in his arms, huffing at her reoccurring joke at his height when everyone knew she was as tiny as a button.

“Still taller than you.” He shot back and she feigned hurt.

Now the greetings were over and Chelsie was heading for the kitchen, Woohyun had nothing else to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter