Friends?

Beautiful Mess


Moonbyul's POV

It's getting kind of boring here. It's a good thing it's Saturday and I don't have to miss my classes. The doctor said to finish my IV fluid before leaving the hospital so I'm stuck here all day.

The annoying girl is still sleeping on the side of my bed. She'll get a stiff neck with her current position if she stayed longer. What's her name again? Sun? Sunny? Solar System? Ah! Solar!! Right. 

I'll wake her up now since she might get a stiff neck..... Okay, I admit it's just an excuse to wake her up the real reason is because I'm getting really bored.

I gently tap her shoulder, "Hey, Solar," I tapped her again, "Solar."

She made small movements before she jerking at the sight of an unfamiliar room, "Where am I?!!!"

"Hey, relax," she's so over reacting, "Geez, you're the one who insisted to stay," I didn't sound annoyed or anything. I just stated a fact.

"What time is it?" she asked looking so nervous

I pointed at the clock on the right side of the wall. It's 8 o'clock in the morning. I'm not really a fan of talking. Yes, I'm a horrible person, I know, but I can't blame myself. It's the only gift I can give myself, blaming it on the people around me.

"Just give me a minute," she stood up and went to the couch near my bed and took something from her bag. I'm guessing it's her phone. Her back is facing me so I took a guess.

"Hey, Mom ---- Yes, I know ---- Yes, I saw the missed calls ---- I'm really sorry, Mom ---- I can explain ---- My friend is at the hospital. She collapsed so I had to take care of her. I'm really sorry. I'm willing to accept any punishment, Mom ---- Yes, I'll be home later ---- Bye," she hunged up her phone and took a sit on the couch looking so worried.

Wait, did she just called me her friend? That's new. 

"Hey," I took the initiative to talk since I'm partly responsible for what happened

"Oh, so now you're talking to me?" she asked sarcastically. 

"Eh?" Tha wasn't the answer I was expecting from her. It left me dumbfounded

"Just kidding!" then she smiled. Her genuine smile, "How are you? I heard from the doctor that you have low blood sugar level that's why you collapsed. I really hope you're fine."

I started to play with my fingers since I don't really know how to carry a conversation, "It's fine. I'm fine." 

"It's good to know that you're doing okay," she said. I looked at her and saw her looking back at me, "You don't know how relieved I am when I found out you're fine."

My heart. My heart is beating faster. The look on her eyes, her face, her smile, her words. Every aspect of her makes me feel loved. I forgot how it felt like to be loved. She reminded me of the feeling, 

"Thank you," It was all I could say. I lived everyday for the past years feeling miserable and empty that I don't know how to return her kindness. 

We stared each other for minutes until she broke the silence, "I'll get going now or else my mom's really gonna kill me," she let out a nervous laugh while rising from the couch and wearing her knapsack, "I'll see you on Monday, okay. Get well soon."

She was heading to the door when I talked, "Moonbyul," I said

"What?" she seemed confuse with what I said

"Moonbyul. My name is Moonbyul," I said before looking away from her. I can't believe I'm making friends with this annoying girl.

I heard a squeal. What is that? I looked at the direction of the sound and saw her squealing near the door, "I'm so glad you told me yourname!!! It's really a bummer that I need to go now but I'll definitely catch up to you kn Monday so get well soon, okay?" she spoke to fast from the excitement. It felt like she was rapping.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Whatever," I really don't know how to react. It was the best I can do.

"Bye!!" she said

She opened the door and took a step out, "Hey," I said making her stop halfway across the door, "Thank you..... for staying."

---

A/N: Sorry for the late updates. I'm running out of ideas. XD I'm just realizing how hard it is to write a story. Anyways, I hope you guys continue to anticipate my story. Thank you!