Retrospect I

Beautiful Mess

Retrospect

A/N: Flashbacks will be written in 3rd person POV. ^_^ Enjoy
----

Moonbyul's POV

I woke up with the sight of a familiar room. I took a peek at the clock and was surprised that it's already morning. I've been here more than once because I was a frail child. My eyes wander around the room and saw that annoying girl sleeping on my side. She's not lying. Her head is just resting on the side of my bed. What's her name again? Sun? Sunny? I know it has something to do about the sun. I'll probably remember it later.

I look at the other side of the room and saw Woong, my bodyguard. I almost got away from him yesterday but this annoying girl ruined everything. I purposely left my phone yesterday so that I won't get traced by Woong but she brought it to me. I know her intentions were good but I didn't need it at that time.

"Hey, Woong. I'm really sorry. I just needed to," I apologized while looking at him genuinely.

"I understand. I also apologize. You know I had to do it, right?" he said back.

"Why is she here?" I asked before looking at the annoying girl sleeping besides me.

"She insisted. She said you are her responsibility and that she needed to go with me," he said, "I couldn't stop her."

"Yeah. She's kind of unstoppable and it's annoying," I smiled at the thought

Woong and I, we're cool but he always choose my parents over me. He always do what he is told. Sometimes he lets me slip away and make excuses for but there's always a line that isn't meant to be crossed. If my parents stepped one foot down then that's it, he becomes their robot.

"I went to her and she gave me this," he took the fruit basket next to him and brought it to the side table. A brown envelope caught my eye.

Hey, Moomie! How are you?! I heard you tried to escape Woong just to see me for my birthday. You know you didn't have to do that. Stop making your parents mad, dear. You know I'll always be here and I'll never leave. Take care of yourself. You know you have low blood sugar. Stop abusing your body.

Love, Yewon

There's nothing to cry about the letter I just read but my eyes does not think so. I miss her so much. 
-----
Flashback
7th Birthday

The young and innocent girl is happy thinking that her parents will be home at her 7th birthday. She was so pure that Yewon, her nanny, couldn't break the bad news to her. Her parent's flight were delayed and won't be home until tomorrow.

Yewon have always felt pity for the child. She lacked the love of her parents and she doesn't have any friends because she is homeschooled. Her parents believed that she needs to excel academically and got a teacher that will teach her advanced lectures.

"Moonbyul~ah," Yewon called her, "I have something to tell you."

"Why Unnie?" Although she already knew what was coming she still listened to her, still hoping that she was wrong.

"You see.... your parents. They won't be home until tomorrow," she explained, "I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, Unnie," she said, "I still have more birthdays to come."

This is was one of the few moments where Yewon really acknowledged Moonbyul's positivity. Even though she is hurt, emotionally or physically was never an issue. She continued to smile and appreciate every little thing around her.
---
14 years old

Yewon saw Moonbyul crying in her room. She approached her and hugged her tight. Not saying anything. She just hugged her.

After a while Moonbyul looked at her. 

"Do you want to tell me why?" Yewon asked her. Yewon never pushed Moonbyul. Yewon listens to her when she talks and never questioned her. 

"I think..." hesitation was visible in Moonbyul's eyes.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell," Yewon told her

"No. I want to. I can't keep this to myself," Moonbyul said

"Then I will listen," Yewon assured her

"I think I like women. I think I'm not straight,' then Moonbyul started crying again. Hands on her face

"There's nothing to cry about that, dear," she took Moonbyul's hands and made her look into her eyes, "It doesn't make you less of a person. You are a good kid, Byul~ah. I believe that you'll continue to be so regardless of your uality, okay?" 

"You really think so?" Moonbyul asked her

"I know so," she assured
---

A/N: I keep introducing new characters. Lol. ^_^ 
Retrospect II next chapter. Sorry for any typographical errors.