Retrospect II

Beautiful Mess

Flashback Continuation

The young girl kept her uality a secret to her parents for she does not know how they will react. 

The only ones who knew this fact was Yewon and Woong. They respect her decision to keep this a secret for they know her parents. They know that they will be having a hard time accepting who she really is.
----
18 years old

This was the first time her heart was moved. A girl moved in next to their house and caught her attention. For the first time in her life, she wanted to know this girl. She was infatuated by her.

Having no friends for 18 years was never a big deal until that day. She wanted to be friends with her, whoever she is. She is obviously intimidated by the appearance of the girl but she never wanted something like this for the last eighteen years so she decided to give this to herself.

"It's just friendship, right?" she convinced herself, "or is it?"

For the past weeks she have been debating whether to talk to her or not. She knows nothing about love, what if she is friend zoned? Anxiety continues to build up in every day passing. The young lady decided to give herself a break. She walked through the village park contemplating.

"Just talk to her. It's not healthy to be talking to yourself," she talked to herself while sitting on the park bench, "what would I say? That I like her. Heck no."

"So, you like me, huh?" A voice from behind her was heard

Moonbyul looked back to see the girl next door, "who? You? No! I don't even know you. I never said it was you! How do you know it was you? It's definitely not you. Are you assuming?" Moonbyul realized that she made a wrong move by talking too much.

A smile formed in the lips of the girl behind her,"You're funny," The girl went on to sit with her, "Hyejin. My name is Hyejin." Then, the girl offered her hand for a shake

Moonbyul blushed with the sudden action, "I'm Moonbyul," she shook her hand, "Nice to meet you Hyejin."
---
Moonbyul and Hyejin's friendship blossomed into a relationship. For once in her life she felt genuinely happy. It's something she never felt before. 

"Are we not gonna tell our parents about us," Hyejin asked Moonbyul.

Hyejin is lying on Moonbyul's lap staring at Moonbyul's plain white ceiling while Moonbyul leans on her bed's headboard. They are celebrating their one hundredth day and their relationship is getting deeper that Hyejin wants to show her affection to Moonbyul publicly. Without the feeling of restraint.

"Just give me time, okay? You know how my parents are," Moonbyul explained. 

"I understand," Hyejin assured Moonbyul then kissed her deeply. They were so engrossed with their affection with each other that they did not notice the door opened.

"Moonbyul!!! What are you two doing?!!!" Moonbyul's mother was shocked with the sight of her daughter kissing another girl.

The two girls were frozen by the voice of Moonbyul's mother, "Mom, I can explain," Moonbyul panicked.

"Fix yourself. I'll be waiting downstairs," Moonbyul's mother commanded her, "And I want to talk to you, Alone. Understand?" Her mother shut the door and left.

"Hyejin, I'm sorry things turned out this way but I promise things will get better soon, okay," Moonbyul assured Hyejin

"I'm sorry too that things turned out this way," Hyejin looked at her eyes with sincerity

"Just go home first, okay. I'll call you later," Moonbyul told her lover
---
Going down the stairs of their house never felt this nerve wrecking. Each step feels like the gateway to hell. Moonbyul saw her mother and father sitting on their couch as she slowly approach them. She also saw Yewon on standing on the side.

Her hands were sweating and she is breaking into cold sweats as she sat into the couch opposite to where her parents are sitting.

"Care to explain?" Moonbyul's dad broke the silence

"I'm sorry, dad. I'm sorry I kept it a secret," Moonbyul asked for their forgiveness

"This is unacceptable. You are a woman for goodness sake," Moonbyul's dad screamed anger with the fact that her only daughter is a lesbian

"Please, dad. I've been doing everything you told me for the past eighteen years. Can't you just accept me for who I am and stop trying to make me someone I'm not?" She said the things she have been keeping in herself for the past years

"No! You are a woman and you are destined to be with a man, not another woman. This is the last that I'll hear about this. Give me all your gadgets. You are grounded for a month," Moonbyul's dad commanded

"But, dad!" A tear was let out from her eyes. It's always been like this. She never had her own voice. She has and will always be a shadow, "Mom?"

Moonbyul looked at her Mom and saw her eyes getting teary. Moonbyul knows her mom. Like her, she also had no voice and is also a shadow of his dad.

"Go to your room!" Moonbyul's dad rose and went up to their room along with his mom.

All her gadgets were confiscated and she had no idea how to contact Hyejin. All she can think of was a letter. She planned on using Yewon as their medium. 

She wrote the letter and told what happened. Moonbyul wrote to Hyejin saying to wait for her and that she will find a way for them to be together in the end.

She gave Yewon the letter and Yewon set off but Moonbyul's dad saw Yewon about to leave with something in her hand.

"What's that?" Moonbyul's dad asked Yewon

"Nothing, Sir," Yewon said, "It's just trash. I was about to throw it away."

Moonbyul's dad had been in the business wod for so long that he knows when someone is lying to him. He forcefully took the letter and saw what was written in it.

"That's it!" Moonbyul's dad was angered by the fact that they tried to disobey him, "You're fired." 

He rushed to Moonbyul's room and slammed the door open, "You're going to the states tomorrow for a year! Pack your things and you'll be going tomorrow at dawn. No buts or I swear I will make sure you'll regret disobeying me."

Knowing her father, he can surely make Hyejin nad her family's life a living hell. He is so influential and powerful that he can do what he wants to people that is under him. She had no choice because she knows that Hyejin's family business is on the rocks and she can't live knowing that she might me one of the reasons why they'll fail. 

Yewon left. Hyejin is gone. She had no one. She never felt so alone in her life. Her hapiness is gone. She cried for hours on the plane knowing that she'll never be happy. Not yesterday, not today and most certainly not in the future.

End of Flashback
----