Mystery

Beautiful Mess

I woke up less gloomy today. I don't know what is it with that girl but she is taking my mind off Eri--Oh, the pain is coming back now. 'Such a stupid girl.' I flicked my forhead to snap out of it. Why do I have to constantly remind myself of him? It's like torture everyday. 

The ride to school went smoothly again. I wonder what I missed in class yesterday. I can just cross my fingers. I really hope professors didn't attend the class. 

I found my way to the room for the next class. Immediately looking for the girl who I talked to yesterday. It would be nice if we had the same schedule. 

I saw her on the back of the room using her phone. She's wearing a beanie and I'm guessing an oversized polo that is making her look like a hip-hop wannabe, paired with pants and white rubber shoes. 

"Hey, Wheein, right?" I asked while sitting to the chair next to her, "Can I sit here?"

She let out a small laugh, "you're already doing it," 

"Uhmm," I scratched my head with a finger. An action I usually do when I'm embarassed, "if you don't want, I could leave."

"I don't want so, you could leave," her face turned serious.

"Eh?" I asked. I was obviously dumbfounded.

A smile slowly formed into her lips and a big laugh was let out, "you should see the look on your face."

I don't know how to respond to her so I just stared at her in utter confusion.

"I'm just kidding. So, your name is?" she asked with a big smile on her face

I never noticed how cute smiles until this moment. Her smile lights up the room, "Solar. My name is Solar."

"What a cool name. Or should I say hot," she said while bursting out laughing 

Okay. That joke was so lame. But her laugh made me laugh.

"You have a very cute laugh," I can't help but compliment her, "and your smile is so cute."

"Thank you," she responded, "and stop stating the obvious, girl."

"Can I ask what your schedule is?" I asked looking at the classlist laying in front of her at the top of her desk. 

"Here, have a look," she handed me the list. 

We're classmates on most of our classes except for physics and chemistry. 

I gave her back the list, "we have the same schedule except for physics and chemistry"

"So, where were you yesterday? During algebra and social science?" she asked while putting her list back into her knapsack

I can't tell her what happened yesterday if I wanted to have a good impression, "I went out of school to familiarize with the place but got lost in the process."

"That's too bad. Good thing you found your way back."

"Yes it really is."

Just then then professor came im cutting off our conversation.

---

"Class dismissed" the professor ended the class early. Way too early. He just said his name and the class requirements.

"What time is your next class?" I asked wheein who is now packing up her things. 

"I've got nothing to do. My next class is in an hour and a half," she said 

Just then I saw blondie walking out of the room. Cool as always.

"Who are you looking at?" wheein asked while looking at the direction I was looking at

"There's this blonde girl who snubbed me yesterday. The one I was sitting with," I explained, "do you know her?" I asked. Curiosity is filling up my body. Who the hell is she? 

"I heard she was kicked out of her last school but she's smart and her parents were rich so she got out of it," she said, "she's pretty much a mystery here specially when she transferred in the middle of the first semester."

"She must be in so much pain to be like that," I contemplated

"Well, if I were you, I won't meddle in her business. She obviously hate people. And dear, misery loves company so, don't go near her," she said, "just a friendly advice."

I nodded in response with my fingers crossed behind my back. I really want to get to know her. 

She got up her seat and wore her knapsack, "I'll get going first. I remember I had to do something. See you tomorrow."

"See you," I waved my hands at her who is now heading to the door and she waved back. 

I've heard people say before that every man is a hero  of their own story. I am. Wheein is. And that girl also is a hero of her own story. I want to know whatever her story is. What her mystery is. I just want to.