First Meeting

Beautiful Mess

Waking up in the morning never felt this gloomy. I'm transferring to a new school, leaving all my friends behind. Besides that, I caught my boyfriend cheating on me before flying here in Seoul. I feel like I'm in a slump. I want to weep all day but that is very much unlike me. I smile in the midst of a heartache. I can never frown in front of people... Why? I also don't know why. 

I rose up from my bed and fixed myself. Wore casual clothings and got down to our kitchen. 
"Good morning, hun," my mom said while flipping pancakes on the plate, I'm guessing it's mine, "the sun is shining brightly just like you, my Solar."

"So cheesy, mother," I joked, "where's dad?"

"Left early for work, eat your breakfast, okay. And put the dishes on the sink," she grabbed her purse sitting on the bar and fixed her stuff, "I need to go, Solar. Sorry, I couldn't join you for breakfast, you're gonna be alright?" she asked with 'that' look in her eyes. That motherly look mothers give their daughter when they know they're in pain. And yes, my mother knows I'm in pain specially when she knows me and Eric had been together for 2 years. 

"What?" I asked while giving a sarcastic laugh, "I'm fine. You know me. I'll get through this."

"Okay...." there was a long pause. She just stood there and looked at me as if she was tryin to read what's on my mind. 

"You can go now, Mom. I'm alright. Promise," 

With that she gave me a peck on the cheeks and left. 
------
The ride otw to school was pretty smooth. I'm lucky because my school is not far away from the house. 

The gate was big. It's pretty noticeable that the school was for the elites. I don't even know why my parents made me go to school here. I really feel like we're wasting money. 

The hallways are wide. The walls are painted beige with a touch of green for highlights. All in all it's neat. Students are everywhere. I can see some that are probably filthy rich specially with the aura they're giving and like any other schools there are the jocks, the nerds, the geeks and the popular ones. 

I spotted the office I was looking for, a green colored door that has a nameplate on it that says Registrar's Office. The office was huge with a couple of people in there. I talked to one of them and someone gave me my classlist. 

8:00-10:00 Literature
10:00-12:00 College Algebra
12:00-1:00 Vacant
1:00-3:00 Social Science

And that is every Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays

7:00-9:00 Trigonometry 
9:30-11:00 Physics Lecture
11:00-1:00 vacant
1:00-3:00 Chemistry

And that is for Tuesdays and Thursdays. The classroom numbers were also in the classlist and the rooms seemed to be in chronological order so it wasn't a hassle to find the room of my next class. 

The classroom wasn't big and it's also not small. The tables and chairs are seperated by twos. And in there a saw a girl with blonde hair sleeping. Her face wrapped around her arms who is resting on the table. I wonder what she looks like. 

I checked the time time and realized it was way too early so I had much time to waste. I sat next to the girl. To my surprise she woke up and looked at me. No expression on her face. 'So much for a first impression, eh'

"Uhm, Hi. My name is Solar. What's yours?" I offered my hand for a shake. 

"What time is it?" she said while looking straight into my eyes. She still has a blank expression on her face. 

"What?" I was caught off guard by her question 

"I said, what time is it?" she repeated. 

I looked at my watch and told her the time, "Seven thirty."

After hearing the time she got back to her original position and the atmosphere became so quiet that I could even hear my own breathing.

'Owkaaayy, this is awkward. Guess she doesn't want to know me.'

Several minutes passed and students started to come in. The classroom is slowly becoming noisy.

It's nice looking at people who interact with each other. It's my way of spacing out. I try to read their mouths and know what they're talking about. Don't I seem weird?? Well, let me tell you something..... Weird is a side effect of awesome. 

All this waiting is making me sleepy. Seriously.

Just when I was about to bang my head on the table, my seatmate got up. The blonde girl wore her cap along with her knapsack and got out of the room, no looking back. This made me notice that a people are also getting out of the room.

I looked at the time and it was just 7:30. 'Why is everybody getting out. 

"Hey?," some girl caught my attention

"Hi? I guess.." I said awkwardly. I mean, with the cold treatment blondie gave me. Sheez. I had to put my walls up

"You guess?" she let out a small laugh. Not a sarcastic one but a genuine one, "my name is Wheein. Aren't you gonna go out?"

"Why? Class isn't over," she seemed to laugh at everything I say. What's up with this girl? 

This new atmosphere is really taking the positivity in my body. I used to smile a lot. I WHOLE lot. 

"My name is Wheein, by the way and I see that you're not a fan of school handbooks," she laughed again. Oh, I used to be like her. Smiling at everything. "If professors aren't in class after half an hour passed then classes are dismissed. Anyway. I gotta go. I'm gonna meet someone. Bye."

"Aren't you gonna ask my name?" I asked her. She is obviously walking towards the door.

"I'll know it. Sooner or later. I'm pretty sure this isn't the last time we'll meet." and with this she's out of the room

I have a feeling that people here does not want to get to know me. I just let out a deep sigh. 

---

A/N: I'm really anxious while writing this story cause it's my first so bear with me.