Chapter Seven

Fallen From Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, come on! Who in their right mind would reject that cute boy?” Linah scoffed at the television, plopping another spoon full into . I giggled, the remains of the cookie dough off my spoon. “She almost died in a car accident L! Would you want to go on a romantic picnic after almost dying?” I questioned, a smile etched on my lips. She rolled her eyes and tuned back into the television, ignoring me completely. I followed suit, but after checking the clock on her bedside table.

10:42. I knew Linah would be leaving for work around 7, which meant if I had any hopes of waking up and getting my answers, I needed to sleep now.

I grabbed the lid from my left side and covered the cookie dough up again. Linah starred at me, more hurt about me taking the cookie dough away than me leaving her for the night. “Argh we done sho shoon?” She frowned, sitting up from her relaxed position and pausing the show. I sighed, grabbing the silver spoon dangling from her lips. I marched toward the door and stopped by the light switch. “You have work and I need some serious sleep.” I spoke, flipping the switch and laughing at her frown. She sighed in defeat and wrapped herself in her comforter, wishing me a goodnight before I re my journey.

I put away the cookie dough and placed the dirty spoons in the dish washer while picking up some trash along the way. I guess L’s thoughts about baking for the neighbors was forgotten when eating the cookie dough was an option. I smiled at my thoughts and started my way up to bed. I set my alarm for 7:15 but I doubted I would be getting any real sleep tonight.

“Let’s dance.” The words echoed through my brain like a distant calling. I could see myself, standing alone in a black abyss of nothing. I was looking down, my hair a dark brown color. My body was smaller, frailer, and weaker. I looked on the verge of death. I looked defeated.

Suddenly I was within my body and I was now looking around. My eyes panned the abyss until I saw him. My prince. I felt the usual immediate pull towards him, like if I was near him, I would be ok. I peered into those hazel eyes and noticed tears, b his eyes. He was crying. I stepped towards him, falling into his embrace and letting our bodies sway with imaginary music.

“Don’t cry. I’ve dug my own grave. Now I must lie in it.” I whispered into his chest, feeling his heart beat against my ear. I felt the words leave my throat, but I had no recollection of what I was saying. It was like this was a memory I was reliving. I had no actual control. I felt him sniffle and I felt the same tears begin to form in my own eyes.

“This is the last time I’ll see you Sun. I don’t know if I can forgive myself.” Jungkook pulled away and grasped my shoulders, forcing me to look into his sorrow filled eyes. I lifted my fingers to his face and brushed away the falling tears.

“Forgive yourself and blame me. I did this. Please don’t hate the world or yourself. I committed the sin and now I am dying for it. Love again. Live again. Never forget me.”

My eyes opened abruptly to the sound of a crash. I rubbed my eyes, grasping for reality. Grabbing for my phone, I checked the time. “6:42?” I grumbled, pulling myself up into a sitting position. I hear Linah mumbling profanities as she cleans I’m guessing. She broke a coffee mug about twice a month from her rushing about. Part of Linah’s perfect image was her need to be on time and look visibly perfect in everyone’s eyes. It worked almost 100% of the time so I hardly blamed her one flaw, clumsiness.

I yawned and crawled out of bed, reaching for my signature cardigan to pull around myself. I descended the stair very inelegantly and watched as L wiped the floor of the coffee puddle. She smiled sheepishly up at me and pulled herself from the ground.

“Sorry for waking you So-young. You know me.” I nodded and took the soiled paper towels from her, nodding my head towards the door so she could get going. She kissed my cheek, grabbed her bag and bolted out the door. I finished cleaning up after her and stood at the window, watching as Korea woke up. I thought long and hard about my unusual dream. I had never felt so attached to this dream. It was like I was reliving it repeatedly in my head, on a loop. His sad eyes screaming at me, and my voice, telling him to blame me. “For what?” I spoke my frustration into the universe. I was hoping to get my answers today. I needed answers.

Namjoon’s POV

The air was tense, we hadn’t all been together for a mission since it all happened. They had all gotten in at 3am and I had immediately sent them all to sleep,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter