Chapter One

Fallen From Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You can’t be serious.”

“Of course I am. You can’t expect us to trust her again?”

“She saved us all!”

“You know the rules Jungkook. There is nothing I can do now.”

The two weren’t facing my direction but the faint outline of a man can be seen from where I am hiding. The man has ripped his fingers through his chestnut locks a million times but his face can still not be seen. The women’s voice can only be heard but her figure is out of my sight. A stream of magnificent colors poured over them in slow movements. Golds and emeralds and fuchsias, danced across the paleness of their visible skin. His head turned and his eyes met mine. The hazel tone mixed with the vibrant display of colors.

 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

I jolted into a sitting position, panting in my bed as my alarm pounded from my phone. This was the third time I had that dream, and each time that boy took my breath away. It wasn’t because he was extremely handsome but something about that face made me feel emotions I couldn’t explain. I leaned over, still regaining my breath as I checked my phone.

“.” I mumbled, realizing I set my alarm a whole hour early.

I pulled myself out of bed and stretched, glancing around the still dark loft apartment. I was currently upstairs, overlooking the banister to the sitting area below. I could smell the thick aroma of coffee coming from down below and a smile etched its way onto my sleep deprived face. I stalked over to the railing and leaned as far as I could over, my caramel colored locks cascading over the edge and into the opening of the kitchen below.

“Save me a cup or two.” I whispered to the girl who was pouring the coffee into a mug. She reached into the cupboard again and pulled out a second mug. Her strawberry blonde hair was wet from the shower and her fringe stuck to her face as she began pouring my cup. Linah was older but by only a year. She was what you described as the popular girl. She dressed fashionably and always had her hair perfect, not that she had to try. It was odd how glamorous she was considering we were best friends and yet opposites.

I am the weird girl. The one whose head was always in the clouds and whose feet barely grazed Earth. Linah was down to Earth, and I was from Mars. Somehow we worked out. We never argued and she always knew exactly what to say to me. I went to her for everything, except my dreams. I couldn’t get myself to tell her about them. How It was like a whole other universe and how I liked a boy from my dreams. Im not sure how that explanation would go.

“I got ya cousin.” She smiled gingerly at me before returning to her usual morning activities. I pulled myself back over the railing and fell back on my bed, reaching under the cushion until I could feel the smooth surface of my journal. I lifted it from its hiding spot and then rolled over to the nightstand where all my pencils were located. I brushed the cover over and stared at the first page filled with mini doodles of eyes. His eyes to be precise. I continued through the book looking at all the scenes from my dreams. I stopped at the most recent drawing and tried to hide my smile. This one was different. Every now and then I’d dream of something other than the boy. This one was of a meadow. The bright colors were sketched into my journal after hours of searching through my supplies for the right ones. I slide my finger over the edge of the yellow flowers and can almost feel the heat of the sun and smell the fresh air. I imagine myself laying in the middle of it and staring at the clouds and even though the boy wasn’t in my dream, I picture him there too, reading a book to me while I just get lost in the sky. I sigh and shake myself back to reality. This happened often.

I flipped to a fresh page and began sketching. The boys disheveled hair and his hazel eye. I wrote down the words I could remember and flipped it closed, shoving it back under the mattress.

I stood up once again and made my way towards the staircase that sat beside my bedroom area. I lifted my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter