Chapter Four

Fallen From Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight poured through the apartment, waking me from a surprisingly painless slumber. I didn’t dream after that confusing exchange between my dream boy and my neighbor. I used to hate not having dreams because it meant I didn’t dream about him but now it meant it was one less thing to stress about.

I peeked over at my illuminating phone screen and sighed. It was Friday and it was 5am. Not only was I working tonight, but I was also up way earlier than usual. This meant I was going to be exhausted tonight considering my class today was at 2:30. Who would’ve thought I would hate mid-day classes?

I tried to bury myself in my comforter to escape the world for just a few more minutes, but my mind was racing with thoughts. Maybe this was like my midlife crisis. I was starting to fall back down to reality after floating in the clouds all my life. Everyone told me it would happen eventually but I didn’t think it would happen now. I was stressing about the simplest things. Or maybe even stressing wasn’t the right word. I was worried about anything and everything that could happen. It was like my day dreaming was finally biting me in the . I couldn’t help but to wonder and visualize something that could happen. For example, I constantly wonder when the boys from down the hall will try and talk to me again and how will I explain that I’m not Sun and that I just look like her? It can’t be that crazy that she looks like me right?

“UGHHH.” I cried out, flipping the comforter off my body, staring straight up to my ceiling. I didn’t know how to make this feeling go away and I also didn’t want to just sit around and wait for something to happen. The only thing I could think to do was talk to that boy. I needed to see J-Hope.

With a game plan set in stone, I pulled myself out of bed. I found my nearest sweater and slipped it over my large t shirt. I was buried in clothing, to hide the fact that I was actually a girl beneath it all. I could feel my hair sticking up in all different directions but at this moment I didn’t care. I wanted my old dreams back and my old emotions. It had only been a day and everything was so different.

I creeped downstairs, slipping on a fresh pair of shoes, and not even bothering to tie the laces. Grasping the lock, I slowly turned it, trying to not make too much noise. I softly tip toed to the next door to my right and halted, starring as if I had seen a ghost. I had never done stuff like this. I was not the brave type. I was always in my own world and here I was, trying to get my old world back. This was the only way, that’s all that I could tell myself before lifting up my fist and banging it roughly on the door. I took in a large breathe and fidgeted with the hem of my sleeping shorts.

I stood for a good minute before I heard rustling on the other side of the door. Groggy moans of displeasure came from the man as the door opened slowly. I took in the figure and recognized the mint haired boy. He still hadn’t met eyes with me when I cleared my throat.

“I- Um- Is J-Hope here? I know it’s early….” I trailed off, my voice soft and unsure. I wasn’t confident about this anymore. When my voice finally came out he looked up, shock filling his features. He was obviously exhausted, his eyes drowning in dark circles and they barely open due to his fatigue. I regretted coming but It was already too late. He took in my appearance and came to the conclusion I looked no better than him. He probably pitied me. He stepped towards me, closing the door carefully behind him so as not to wake the others up. I looked at him wide eyed.

“I don’t know what kind of games you’re playing Sun but J-Hope is obviously unaware of what you’ve done but I’m not.” He harshly whispered at me, his tired eyes baring into my soul. I leaned away slightly, gulping down my fear as best as I could.

“That’s the thing,” I started meekly; “I’m not Sun. My name is So-Young.” I gave a sheepish smile, trying to hide the fact that I was scared of this man. His eyes narrowed and inspected my face.

“Then how old are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter