Chapter Three

Fallen From Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So-Young POV

I starred hard and long at the front entrance of my apartment building, mustering courage to walk inside. It’s not like they would be sitting outside my door, waiting for me right? My mind blurred and the image of 3 gorgeous men staked out in the hallway crowded my thoughts. I filled my lungs with air and forced myself through the front doors. I had taken off my cardigan despite the cold and let my hair down into a pony tail to try and conceal my appearance.

With my head down, I crouched low and scurried across the lobby and pressed the elevator button a million times, nervously peeking over my shoulder every few seconds. The familiar ping filled my ears and I moved to the side, out of view of any passengers on the elevator. I was so used to barely being noticed, having to hide myself was never an issue. I could tell I was paranoid.

The elevator doors opened with a squeak and revealed an empty room. I smiled in victory and jumped on, now assaulting the ‘close door’ button on the inside, praying nobody had seen me. What if they had been following me all day? My mind escaped me again, depicting me sitting in my class asleep and the 3 men staring in through the window with devilish smirks on their faces. I was definitely paranoid.

My body jumped with a start as the elevator began moving upwards. I pressed the 3 quickly before it took me to a random floor. I gripped the handle of my satchel and took slow even breaths, counting to 10 in the process. When these doors open, I had no idea what to expect or to say. I played the scenario out in my head a million times. In my head, I would walk out of the elevator, see the 3 of them leaning casually outside of my door, as if they never moved a muscle. I would casually brush past them and simply smile. I’d say a quick “Hello I’m So-Young” and they’ll realize I’m not the girl they think I am and all will go back to normal. My plan was fool proof until the elevators opened showing a deserted hallway. I peeked my head out and looked around. Empty.

Not taking any chances, I bolted towards my room, trying my best to make very light steps and fumbled with my bags and keys along the way. I rammed the key into the whole and cranked hard. Slamming the door behind me, I let out an audible sigh. “Thank the lord.” I breathed, letting my satchel slide across the hard wood floors to the corner of the stairs. I slipped off my shoes and slipped on a pair of baby blue slippers and melted swiftly into the couch. All this worrying had made me exhausted.

I pulled the hair tie out from my hair and let it drape over the arm of the couch. The less worrying I do, the better my dreams will become, and I desperately needed a good dream today. Life was complicated and the only thing that made it better was hoping and working for something better than what I had now.

Pulling my legs into my chest, I let my eyelids close, ignoring the aching feeling in my gut that wouldn’t leave me alone.

 

J-Hope’s POV

Ripping another box open, I sighed heavily. I had only unloaded 4 by the time we heard Sun scurrying down the hallway. We assumed it was her because the only other neighbors we had were in there 70’s and wouldn’t be running down the hallway like a maniac. Despite how different she seems, she still is exactly how I remember her.

I glance inside the box that held more clothes of one of the boys. I groaned out loud and shoved it to the wall, annoyed with dealing with all the chores. I walked out of the first bedroom and looked around for Suga. I hadn’t seen him since we all went our separate ways to continue unpacking. Rap Monster had left earlier to pick up food, but I hadn’t heard any noise coming from the rest of the apartment. It was incredibly quiet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter