Death Wish

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09 | Death Wish

 

***

 

It was such a lazy day for a certain tan girl, whose head had been dropping to the pillows every time she tried to move from her bed. The headache she’s having is one of the reasons why she can’t move well. But her lazy is just the main reason. To think, she has no work for the day, since her new University scheduled her to attend work by next week. There are still 4 days before that.

 

She literally has all the bed, not minding what time is it already.

 

-

 

Suddenly, her phone vibrates so loud on top of her night stand, she lazily and forcefully move her hand, reaching for the device with a groan as she takes it and check the caller id. A big yawn escapes as she fixed her hair, to have a clear sight of the screen of her phone. “Yoona?” She had no idea why so it wonders her why her cousin is calling.

 

“Yah! What’s up?” She answered the call nonetheless, grabbing the pillow next to her and cuddles it up with her long leg as another big yawn escapes .

 

[You’re still in bed?]

 

Her brows rise. “How did you know?”

 

[You sound like you just… yawn?]

 

“You’re right. But what’s up?” She answers in a mumble way.

 

[I just want to know when you are planning to visit me again.]

 

“Wae? You’re going to cook for me, Yoong? I would definitely visit you always.” Yuri grinned as she imagines herself, eating free food from an international chef like her cousin.

 

[What the heck. It’s just because your bag, it’s in my car and I have no time to meet you any day of this week. I have a lot of work here.]

 

Yuri made a couple of blinks before she jolted up her bed to realize her backpack is not indeed on her couch and the fact that it has her personal stuffs made her in panic. “I’ll get that today. Aish! You should have called me earlier.”

 

[Did I just make you move from your bed?] Yoona laugh on the next line.

 

“I’ll see you later.” She hastily ended the call and jumps off of the bed, rushed to her bathroom when she accidentally slipped on her way; she fell on her bum with a thud. “Ah!” she cried and winced out of pain. “Aish!” But that didn’t stop her. She gets up despite the pain and resumed to her shower.

 

Just 15 minutes, she walks out on her towel and rushed to her closet, rummaging through it to search for the best outfit for the day. She can’t let her cousin check her backpack. Otherwise, she’s going to use it to or to threat her. She can’t take that.

 

As soon as she got the best black jeans, white shirt and black leather jacket, she fixed her hair into a ponytail, took her motorbike keys and headed outside, passing the maids that she will cross in the hallway until she reached the stairs, she stopped – “Appa?” surprised to see her father standing in front of their main door with her arms crossing. “What… are you doing there?” she asked, taking one step down of the stairs.

 

“Where are you going?” Mister Kwon asked with his obvious glare to his daughter.

 

“I’m going to see Yoona. Wae?” Yuri continues to take another step until she reached half of the stairs.

 

Mister Kwon doesn’t need to say a thing as the door opens from behind him and a police officer on his uniform appears—bowing to Yuri casually. “Can we invite you to the station, Miss Kwon?”

 

“Why-why?” Yuri is stunned. “What is a police officer doing here, Appa?” she is starting to freak out.

 

“Why would you ask me if you are the one who did something wrong?! JUST GO WITH HIM! I DON’T CARE!” Mister Kwon shouted angrily to his daughter.

 

Yuri is more than shock to see her father’s outburst. She tried to escape out of fear but the police officer is quick from getting her grip and immediately drags her. “Yah! Appa! I don’t know what this is! Help me Appa! I can’t go with this guy!” she tried to struggle and ask for her father’s help but the latter sends her a glare only, as they pass at him. “Aish! Appa!!!” she tried her best to struggle but no use. She’s already out of the house and was force to go inside the police car. When she saw her father came out, she shouted, “I SWEAR I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG KWON YUL!” she screamed on top of her lungs, calling her father’s name.

 

“THEN PROVE THAT TO ME! COME BACK RIGHT AFTER THAT!” Mister Kwon screamed back. “Aigoo…” Heck, it causes a pain on his back, which made him returns inside.

 

“I WILL COME BACK TO PROVE MY INNOCENCE!!!” Yuri screamed for the last time just before the car completely left their front yard. She made couple of hard breath before she slowly calms down. And she immediately sends death glares to the two police officers at the driver's and passenger's seat. "Tell me who ask you guys to bring me to the station."

 

"Someone filed a complaint. But it's confidential. Just see for yourself later."

 

She scoffs. "Are you kidding me? This is against the law! Being force to go when I don't even know the reason! And there's no warrant of arrest, even?" she reminded them strongly.

 

"Your father already saw the order and he knows about the complaint. So yes, we have the right to do this." Said the blonde police officer, driving the car.

 

"Aish!" Yuri hissed and wiggles her body, looking outside the window with a huge sigh. 'What a way to start my day. But who the hell complaint? I did not even do anything wrong, did I? , this life.'

 

"By the way, do you have wallet in your pocket?"

 

"Why would you ask that?" Yuri's attention eventually turned to the guy in the passenger seat.

 

"Just want to make sure you can go home without asking money to us." Laughs the police officers.

 

Yuri shrugs her shoulders and turned her head away, facing the window again with another sigh.

 

-

 

Stepping out of the car, Yuri immediately avoided the hands that was about to grab her by her arms. "I can walk myself." And defends herself almost immediately. She sighs as she was just ushers to continue her way to the station. "Whoever wants to jail me is a criminal, not me." she mumbles as she steps inside the station. But as soon as she entered the office, her eyes widened when she spotted a familiar figure that cause her to crouch down. "What the is that girl doing here?" she asks herself.

 

"Yah! What are you doing there?" The officer gently kicks her bum.

 

She rolled her eyes and hesitantly get on her feet. But she instantly put her head down, hoping that girl wouldn't recognize her.

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri! I can see You!"

 

Unfortunately, she's still not going anywhere. She stopped and turns on her body around, ready to escape but the police officer pushed her, causing for her to almost fall if she did not use her instinct right away. She keeps on bowing to the two police officers before she decided to turn on her body and faces the blonde. Heck, it's really hard and she finds herself lowering her head while she's being guided to a chair. "Kamshamnida." she said as she takes her seat and immediately turns her body to the other side. 'From all the places? Why here?! Aish!' she thought while trying her best to avoid the blonde.

 

"Do you why you are here now, Miss Kwon?" Asked the police officer who takes his seat before them.

 

Yuri shakes her head, still clueless. She almost cried however when a hand holds her shoulder and she was force to turn to face the police officer. She quickly hides her face through her hand over her left.

 

"You're here because you refuse to come to the place we have agreed!" Reminding Jessica, hitting the tan girl's arm, earning a short cry from her.

 

"Omo, please don't use any violence, Miss Jung!"

 

"I'm mad! You can't stop me, Officer!" Jessica yelled angrily.

 

Taken aback, the police officer nodded slowly in agreement.

 

"That's unfair!" Yuri groans in compliance.

 

"SHUT UP!" Shouted Jessica, smacking the back of the tan girl's head. "You behave and listen to the officer!" she added firmly.

 

Yuri hastily tilt her head, sending the blonde her infamous glares that would knock her cousin, but much to her dismay, the latter sent the same glares... but the difference is, she has icy glares that quickly gives her shivers and she almost immediately looked away. "Tell me anything and I will comply! So this will end!" she demanded.

 

"Well, Miss Jung here filed a complaint about you because you broke her car but did not able to comply with her demands."

 

"What? Did-"

 

"Are you having amnesia? You even promised yesterday that you will come and pay for whatever the damage costs!" Jessica interrupted, attempting to hit the tan girl but the police officer gives her a warning glare. She retracted her hand back and just crossed her arms. She let out a huge exhale as she side-eyed the looking innocent girl next to her. 'Such a fool.' She thought at the back of her head.

 

Yuri blinks a couple of times, trying to recall what happened yesterday. "Damn." she cursed after she remembers them all.

 

"Do you remember it... now?" The police officer raises his brows towards Yuri.

 

Turning her body to the blonde, Yuri immediately dropped on her knees and she apologized. "I'm deeply sorry Miss. I seriously don't remember it earlier because of my headache. I was having a hang-over. But as what I've promised, I will take responsibility from what I've done. Just don't put me to jail please... I'm still so... so young... " she pause as she dramatically cried in front of the blonde girl. "... to be inside the jail. I still have a lot of dreams to reach... I still have to see my future wife, my future children and my future grandsons and granddaughters... " she clasped her two hands, close her eyes tight, as she continue to beg. "Please, have some mercy. Have some mercy, Miss. please..." she sobs for the last time.

 

Jessica wasn't even affected. She's amused rather. "Are you done?" bluntly, she asks.

 

Yuri stopped from sobbing, though there are no tears and slowly looked up to meet those icy glares. "Wae... wae?" she carefully asks, couldn't send her own glares that always gives her cousin a reason to hit her.

 

"Since you are here already... " Jessica stood up and pointed to the bars behind the officer. "You can go inside now."

 

"Miss Jung, I don't think that's allowed. Miss Kwon here is already apologizing and-"

 

"That's unfair! She made me wait for freaking hours for her!" Jessica raises her voice in front of the officer who was stunned with her outburst. "It's your job to put this girl in prison!" she added, slamming her hands on the table.

 

"That's not part of the law!" Yuri got the courage and she stands up. "It was my fault to make you wait in the first place. The police have nothing to do with this! That's why I'm freaking sorry! Please accept my apologies and settle this instead, Miss." she bowed so deep, hoping this time the girl would calm down.

 

"Aish!"

 

"Please take your seats and calm down, Miss Jung!" The Officer blocks the blonde girl's hand and ordered strongly, causing stares from around them.

 

Jessica wants to fire back but to see other people are now starting to feast them; she pulled her hand off and took her seat back with a frustrating dolphin squeal. "KYAAAAAA!!!"

 

Everyone including Yuri covered their ears immediately. Everyone is stunned and agape.

 

'Heol. She's not a human, is she?' Yuri thought as she took her seat back slowly, still stunned with what they heard. And as if the blonde did nothing, she's just sitting there like a boss, waiting for the police officer to continue.

 

-

 

A long and tired sigh escapes Yuri's lips as she steps out of the police station. She felt like just breaking everything she will encounter with the condition the blonde have told her. But she definitely couldn't complain. It's her punishment after all, after breaking her car. "Yoona, Yoona, Yoona, I hope you can save me right now... " she said, desperate to escape, but that's not happening. She already signed and can't return it back anymore. "Omma!!!" all that she can do is to cry... cry out her fate.

 

"Yah! Your mother will not help you!" Jessica said loud enough as she walks out the station with a straight face to the tan girl. "Let's go. Before we can't make it." She didn't hesitate and she took her by her arm, dragging her to her car.

 

Yuri who can't do anything just go with the flow. But as she was about to get into the passenger seat, Jessica suddenly stopped in front of her. "Waeyo?"

 

"Open the door for me." Jessica coldly demanded.

 

"It's your car, isn't it? Why would you take the passenger?" Yuri wonders with brows rising.

 

"Just open the door for me!" Jessica yelled frustratingly. The latter almost immediately opened it and bowed in front of her. "The conditions were clear for you, not? I said for three days you will be my driver. That includes taking care of me as well!"

 

"Yes! I pretty understand that, Miss Jung. I will always put that in mind." Yuri said in defeat. 'You are so dead once this is over.' But she clenches her fists and grits her teeth.

 

"Good." Satisfied the blonde steps inside the car and signals the tan girl to close the door.

 

Yuri almost kicks the door if she did not see the blonde is watching. She took her pride out of her head and just continues to the driver's seat. "So where are we heading, Miss Jung?" She asked and flasheda friendly yet fake smile.

 

"Let's have lunch first. Your treat."

 

'What the. I'm her banker also?' Yuri thought before she nodded. "Araso. What restaurant do you want to go, Miss Jung?" But eyes rolled back.

 

"Chinese restaurant. I'm craving for some hot pot." Jessica casually replied while buckling her own seat belt.

 

"Hot Pot?" Yuri's stomach eventually growled. She hasn't had any breakfast and the thought of having brunch excites her immediately. "I'm on it then!" And it doesn't matter if she's going to pay for it. She hastily drives off, knowing what restaurant she's going to take their hungry stomach. "Let's go have some best hot pot in Seouuuuul!!!" She can't help herself and shouted her joy. She also opened the radio and an edm song blasted instantly in the car, which made her sing the song on top of her lungs.

 

Jessica scoffs and shakes her head in disbelief. 'What kind of person is this? I thought she will complain. She liked it instead?' she seriously doesn't know. It's her first time to encounter one like her.

 

 

***

 


Yoona is apparently discussing stuffs with her staffs in the kitchen when someone suddenly barge in and made a big bow in front of her. "Excuse me?" Her brows furrows, having no clue about the girl, who wears a different colour of uniform.

 

"I'm Seo Yeri, the new intern, Chef Im. I'm sorry for being late."

 

"Mister Kim?" Yoona shifted her gazes to her assistant manager, demanding for an explanation.

 

Ji Soo, Yoona's assistant manager immediately stands next to their intern and put his hands on her shoulders. "I haven't mentioned, we accepted an intern last week, Chef Im. Um, I hope you don't mind." He flashes an awkward smile.

 

"Intern in... what?" Yoona couldn't understand well.

 

"She'll be an assistant Chef." Ji Soo further explained.

 

"From what schoold did you came from, Miss Seo?"

 

"Yes? Uh, Woosong University. I'm a culinary student. I hope you consider me working in this kitchen, Chef Im." Yeri once again bowed so deep.

 

"So you're from Daejeon? What comes you here to Seoul just for the intern?" Crossing her arms, Yoona asked curiously. She couldn't help and looked at the younger girl from head to toe for once.

 

The suddenly question made Yeri lost for a while, especially the tone that the chef have put on her voice. She's as if interviewing her on the spot, in front of the other Chefs and staffs inside the kitchen. She swallowed a sudden lump on as she answered a little nervous. "D-Daejeon... we-we don't have the best hotels and r-restaurants there... so I've decided... to be in one of the prestigious restaurants in Seoul. And... be-besides... my sister is here. She's working here, Chef Im. I want to try to work in Seoul as well, besides my hometown." a nervous smile appaeared in her face.

 

"Aren't you dreaming to work in Seoul as well?"

 

"Of course I am!" Yeri said with her eyes sparkling. "If... opportunity comes. I would really like to work here." she looked elsewhere upon realizing she got a little excited there.

 

Yoona finally put on a friendly smile. She took the hat in the side and she steps forward, "Welcome to Golden Kitchen, then." and welcomes the intern wholeheartedly.

 

"Oh, T-Thank you, Chef Im."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter