Smart

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 | Smart

 

 

***

 

 

It took one and half hour drive before their ride came to a halt. But that moment then, Jessica immediately spotted Tiffany, the friend of the tan girl she is quite uncomfortable ever since she saw her.

 

“Hi, I’m Jessica… Jessica Jung… Yuri’s friend.” She stretched out her hand however, showing a friendly aura instantly through her smile, while her left arm is wrapping Yuri’s right arm. “Nice to meet you.”

 

Tiffany is speechless. She looked into Yuri’s face in attempt to hear any explanation from her because she never expects to see the blonde girl, who is Yoona’s ex-girlfriend, but the latter just smile, awkwardly. “I’m… “ She doesn’t have no choice but to introduce herself. “I’m Tiffany, Tiffany Young. Nice to meet you, as well.” And flashes her friendly awkward smile, shaking their hands gently.

 

“You must be surprised I’m here. I mean, Yuri didn’t mention this about you. I was thinking of helping your move to your new home, so I decided to come with you guys. I hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Um, It’s indeed-“

 

Yuri cough a little as she speaks. “So, shall we?” couldn’t prolong the awkwardness of the two ladies anymore. “Where’s your car, fany?”

 

“Ah, yeah… it’s there.” Tiffany her back and walked to her car nearby. She herself doesn’t want to be around the blonde when her gazes are unfriendly for her.

 

Yuri was about to follow when Jessica suddenly hold back that stopped her. “What?” She raised her eyebrows in confusions.

 

“I’m going to help her.” Jessica replied and handed her shoulder bag to the tan girl before she let go of her and follows the new girl in town. She didn’t think twice and picked up the box and put it on top of another box and picked it up. “Where to?” She gives Tiffany another friendly smile.

 

Tiffany awkwardly smiles. "Sixth floor, door 689." And glances to Yuri who mouthed 'She's a friend', but she felt uncomfortable.

 

"Good. Go get the others, Yul." Said Jessica as she raises her eyebrows to the said woman.

 

"Of course." Hastily, Yuri took three heavy boxes from the trunk.

 

"Follow me." Like she's the boss, Jessica commanded and leaded them to the elevator.

 

Yuri could only smile a little to Tiffany and follows the blonde woman.

 

"Seriously?" Tiffany scoffs, couldn't believe what just happened. She however couldn't find a reason for her to act like she owns the place and just brushed it off. She took her two luggage and casually follows them. But as she stood next to Yuri inside the elevator, who is in between them, Jessica suddenly moved and stands in between them, which caused for Yuri to looked at her in confusions. 'She's funny.' She could only roll her eyes in amusement.

 

"Do you know how tall is this building?" Jessica suddenly ask a question.

 

"What?" Yuri and Tiffany both ask in confusion.

 

"Most buildings aren't strong enough for earthquake. The reason I don't like staying in condos." Jessica replied with a glance to Tiffany, along with her foolish smile.

 

"Well, if there's an earthquake, so be it." Tiffany replied vaguely. She felt like the blonde is trying to offend her but she plays it cool. "As long as you live happily in a comfortable place, that all that matters." And she gives her a warm smile.

 

Jessica is shock and couldn't say a word. She just bit her lower lip and ignored her words.

 

"I agree with Tiffany." Yuri is oblivious and she speaks casually. But the blonde suddenly glared at her. She looked down instantly.

 

"Um, S-since you are here already, do you also mind helping me putting on my wallpapers to every wall?" Tiffany hesitantly ask the blonde, changing the topic immediately.

 

Jessica immediately turned her head to her right. "You put wallpapers to your place?"

 

"Why not? It's a good way to have a relaxing ambiance around your home." Tiffany believes so.

 

Jessica hated the fact that the other girl always speaks on point that she had no words to argue with it. "Okay, I'll help you." And she doesn't have to think twice of it.

 

"What about me?" Yuri felt a little out of place.

 

"You do nothing." Jessica announced firmly.

 

"What?! The last time I remember, it was me who-"

 

"You cook us for dinner." Jessica interrupted.

 

"Eh?" Yuri almost raise her voice. "How is that-"

 

"We can do it together. So just stay in the kitchen. Unless you don't know how to cook?" Jessica added, smirking at the tan woman. Deep inside, she's excited to taste the food the latter will cook.

 

Tiffany cough to gain their attention. "I'm sorry but I haven't... honestly put any stuffs to my fridge."

 

"Yuri will buy then." Jessica instantly reacted.

 

"Right, I'll be cooking then." Yuri sighs in defeat, pouting cutely as she turned away from the two girls.

 

"Good." Jessica nodded and smile victoriously.

 

'Wow, she's really unbelievable. Is this why Yoona broke up with her is it something else?' Tiffany shakes her head in silence, totally not having the blonde's attitude.

 

Once they arrived at her place, and Yuri left to buy the ingredients for the food that she's going to cook, Jessica immediately unpacks the stuffs from the boxes without saying a word to the owner.

 

"Um, can you... " Tiffany tried to instruct her where to put them but she would constantly beat her by placing them on the right places she wanted to. She felt like she's the one who was invited to her own home instead. But she endures all of them and brushed them off. At least, she has someone who is as cold as the night, helping her with her stuffs. Yuri bringing her with her is not bad at all, since she seems all willing to do it?

 

When Yuri returned, she's agape to see that the living room's wallpaper are now brighter than earlier, with its pink flowers pattern. But she noticed there aren't people around even in the kitchen. She heard noises from another room, which she hastily checks and found two girls are on the floor with pained expressions. "What happened? Are you guys, okay?" She approached Tiffany first and gives her a hand to stand on her feet before she does the same to the blonde, who had glares towards her.

 

"We slipped together, that's why we are on the floor." Tiffany explained while massaging her back.

 

"That's because of that idiot stuff toy." Jessica mindlessly said earning an unpleasant look from the owner.

 

"What did you just say?" Tiffany raise her voice, got pissed instantly. She take a step forward, closer to the blonde.

 

"You were unpacking the luggage and did not place it in your bed. You should have-"

 

"I was telling you to be careful earlier. I thought you heard that?" Tiffany mocks without a pause.

 

"I didn't hear anything." Jessica spats back, putting her two hands on her waist as her blood is now boiling.

 

"Then that's not my stuff toy's fault. It's your fault!" Tiffany couldn't control and she pointed at the blonde.

 

"What? Why is it mine?!" Jessica raises her voice angrily. "It's your stuff toys and it's your responsibility to place them safer. How could you have accused me?!"

 

"I'm not accusing you! I'm just stating fact!"

 

"And so, do I!"

 

"Enough!" Yuri immediately step in between them and caught Tiffany's hands on time before she could hit the other girl. Jessica's hands end up on her back when she tried to do the same as well. "You guys already fell and no one's fault it was! You guys should be thankful nothing bad happened except-"

 

"YAH!" Jessica and Tiffany shouted and pushed Yuri aside before they caught each other's hair and started pulling into each other's hair. Yuri who fell from the floor is agape but quickly get up and tried to stop them but both girls would push her so hard that she would always end up on the floor, until both girls fell on the bed, just to continue their cat fight.

 

 

***

 

 

"We should have dinner later again but since... " Yoona didn't able to continue her sentence when she turned to see Seohyun, sleeping already on her seat. She smiled as her heart flutters. "She's probably exhausted." She softly says and took the blanket from the back seat, placing it gently on her. "Don't worry, you'll have a comfortable sleep later." whispers her as she pulled back and continue watching the beauty before her eyes. She's apparently the happiest person at the moment when she recalled how Seohyun accepted her proposal earlier. 'Thank you for giving me this chance. I will not waste this, I promise.' And she's grateful about it.

 

Putting her attention back to the road, she sighs in annoyance to see that the traffic lights are still too far from changing to green. She glanced to the traffic and grimace. "What's up tonight? Are everyone leaving for home?" And she checks her phone just to see it's almost 9 in the evening. "It's not even rushed hour."

 

Suddenly, she heard a mumble from the girl in the passenger seat that caught her attention. "What?" As if she will answer, she unconsciously reacted.

 

"Hungwey... " Said Seohyun on her sleep.

 

Yoona almost laugh after having a clear listen because she is too cute yet funny at the same time. "I am too. Let's have second dinner later, Hmm?" And she ends up promising her. Seohyun smiled, as if she heard her, but it didn't fail to make her heart flutter.

 

"Ugh, why am I so in love with you?" she shakes her head and slowly looked away from her. "But it just happened. It really just happened." mumbles her to herself, smiling like a fool.

 

-

 

Seohyun had hesitations when she walks into Yoona's apartment. She felt shy now that they're in her place and she remind of Yoona's proposal.

 

"Yah, you've been here before. Feel at home." Yoona is in disbelief and she find it funny and cute to see her being reluctant.

 

"It's just... a different thing now." Seohyun explained softly and shyly. Her cheeks are apparently blushing at the same time. But she felt warm, now that she's in the living room, sitting on the sofa. Like the ambiance is welcoming her back.

 

"But it's still the same thing for me. Come, I'll show you to your room." Yoona took her hand gently and so as her luggage and pulled her along with her upstairs. As she opened the door for her, "Tada." She excitedly showed it with glee on her face. "How do you like it?"

 

Seohyun steps inside and looked around. Her lips curved into a small smile, noticing that it's not the same as the deer's room. It's simple and painted in light pink. There's a sofa and a desk with a computer monitor on top. She also noticed the balcony.

 

"That balcony is just connected to mine next door." Yoona informed as she walked to it and opens the sliding door. "You can look around the city lights... enjoy the air... and all. Hehe."

 

"Is this a hotel?" Seohyun finally let loose and chuckles in amusement. She went to the balcony and let out a sigh and inhaled the fresh air of the night while closing her eyes. She felt more than relax now.

 

"If you need a hotel staff, I will be always at your service." Yoona said as she winks playfully.

 

Seohyun opened her eyes and smiled, sincerely. "Thank you, Yoona."

 

"Why thank me?" The deer find it funny.

 

"It'll be expensive if I stay in a hotel. You save me from that."

 

Yoona chuckled. "That's not a problem at all. If it's always you, you know I am always here to help you."

 

"Tsk, I thought you are thinking of how will I spend?" Seohyun reminded, as she recalls her words.

 

"That's one of the reasons of course. But you know I love helping you. Wait, we should unpack now." Yoona was about to return to the room when the other girl grabs her arm. "Wae?"

 

"I'll do it my own. I can take care of it." Seohyun reassuringly said.

 

"Um, but-"

 

"And I have to freshen up also." She interrupted before the deer can insist.

 

Yoona smiled foolishly. "Yeah... you really should first. But don't forget to come out after, okay? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter