A Test

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

46 | A Test

 

 

***

 

 

Lazily and tiredly, Jessica flopped herself to the sofa the moment she and Yuri returned home. Yuri also followed, immediately cuddling with her.

 

"I wasn't aware preparing for wedding is as tiring as signing papers in the office." said Jessica as she let out a huge exhale.

 

"I feel like my body is not responding anymore, especially my legs." Yuri mumbles. She nuzzles her face into her fiancée’s neck and smile against her skin.

 

"Yeah, and we're not yet even done." Jessica giggles due to the ticklish sensation she's experiencing from Yuri's hot breathing. "Aish, give me some space." she decided to push her lightly.

 

Yuri giggles and kiss her cheek. "I love you." she said and was push hardly off of the sofa when they heard a doorbell. "Ugh."

 

"I ordered food." Jessica reasoned, jumping off and runs outside.

 

Getting up, Yuri massage her waist as she took her seat on the sofa. "I hate her. She's always so violent." But a big smile is apparent in her face.

 

Jessica returned with a big plastic bag and hurriedly bring all the food on the coffee table.

 

"That's a lot!" Yuri exclaimed.

 

"I got so hungry after today. I deserve a good food for my stomach." Reasoned Jessica as she began to eat especially her favorite dukkbokki.

 

Yuri wanted to eat too but seeing how much hunger is her fiancée experiencing, she called a restaurant for delivery. "By the way, Minhyuk is no longer a threat to your sister. The police have texted me about it."

 

"I know. My sister called earlier." Jessica informed in the middle of munching her food.

 

"It's really good to know things are better now." Sighs Yuri in relief but she smiles in amusement watching the blonde girl. "Sica, aren't you going to gain some weight if you keep eating like that? The gown will not fit on you on the day of our wedding, I tell you." She warned her.

 

"It's just tonight. It's cheat day." Jessica said while munching her food. "Why don't you just eat?" But she glared at Yuri.

 

"I already did... On the way remember?"

 

"It was just a junk food."

 

"I'm still full." Yuri giggles. "Aish, I should check the exam papers." But she got up and heades upstairs without waiting for her fiancee's response.

 

Jessica just doesn't mind continue her meal. But out of a sudden, her phone rings on the side. She raises her eyebrows when she reads Yoona's caller ID. "What's up?" but answered her phone call either way.

 

[Are you alone?]

 

"Yeah, I don't think there's a ghost in this house." Jessica playfully replied.

 

[I mean Yuri's not with you, right?]

 

Jessica looked upstairs and returned to her food. "She's upstairs, being a hardworking teacher."

 

[Good. Then can I ask if you can help me with something?]

 

"What is it? If it's not that hard to do then so be it." Jessica didn't even missed a beat and took a bite on her fried chicken.

 

[I want to propose.]

 

Jessica cough as she got choke on her own food. She hastily put the phone down and grabs the bottle of cola on the side. She took a series of gulps before she finally can breathe properly. "What the heck is Yoong thinking?" she was totally surprised by it but she took the phone back and answered her. "Yah, are you insane?"

 

[I'm not. What do you think of me has gone to a mental hospital?]

 

"Ugh, I'm not talking literally. I mean, seriously? Why are you suddenly thinking of that?

 

[I'm not proposing to you.]

 

"Yah! I know who are you going to propose. It's just too sudden for me to hear that. I mean, are your parents fine now with your relationship with Seohyun? You should make them accept her first."

 

[We had dinner with them remember? It was a peaceful dinner. And I'm sure they got no choice but to accept us.]

 

"You think so? I feel like it's just for you to keep seeing them. Not because they have completely accepted Seohyun."

 

[So, it's not a good idea yet?]

 

"Yes. You should think a way on how will your parents love your girlfriend. In that way, everyone will be happy once you get married. I tell you, if you rush this, it will cause some trouble."

 

[How about you and Yuri?]

 

"Our parents are crazy. There's no chance for any trouble." Jessica defended. "And we have no choice to embrace their craziness."

 

[Aigoo, I wish I have the same parents as yours.]

 

"I'll help you think of a way to your parents’ hearts then."

 

[Omo chincha? That's better. Thanks, sica. Good night.] Yoona ended the call immediately which made Jessica feels like she was being scammed or something. But she's willing to help them. They're friends either way. And it's another way to return the favor they have caused them the other day.

 

"Aigoo Im Yoona." Shaking her head Jessica returned to her food casually.

 

Meanwhile, instead of checking the exam papers from her students, Yuri is apparently giving advice to Seohyun about proposing. She's definitely okay with it and she's excited to help her ex-girlfriend.

 

 

:::

 

 

First, know your mom's schedule today. If she's available you can ask her to have lunch. Buy flowers for her. Ask Seohyun to buy her favorite flower. Or you can buy anything that she really loves. Let this first step be the way close to your mother's heart.

 

Yoona was reminded by Jessica's first suggestion which made her got out of bed first while Seohyun's still sleeping. She took her phone out and texted her mother's secretary, asking if she has any schedule for the day. It took a while but she's glad her mom is free for the day. She hastily called her while she's glancing to Seohyun's sleeping beauty.

 

"Mom!" She cried out after hearing her mother's voice, walking to the balcony to continue the phone call. "What's up?"

 

[I'm good. What's the sudden call? And it's still early for a chitchat. Have you eaten breakfast?]

 

"I just miss you. I will have breakfast later. But anyway, can I ask you for lunch later?"

 

[Oh, you're indeed giving me the reason to see you eh? Where?]

 

"In my restaurant. That's not that far away from home."

 

[Deal. I'll have dinner with you - wait - your father is available too.]

 

[I have an appointment.] Mr. Im's voice was heard from the background.

 

"Oh, that's too bad. Anyway, it's fine. Let's have lunch later then. See you, Omma!" Yoona brightly said and she quickly ended the call. Letting out a huge exhale, she smile brightly on her own as she feels like the day will be really good. Going back inside, she saw Seohyun just walked inside the bathroom. She followed her just by the door. "We'll have lunch later in my restaurant." she informed her.

 

"Sure." Seohyun just simply responded as she brushes her teeth in front of the mirror. She has a bright face as well, thinking of her plans for the day already.

 

"With mom." Yoona added.

 

Seohyun widened her eyes. "Chincha?" as it surprised her. "Is that why you were at the balcony?"

 

"Yes. I called her. I'm planning to buy flowers for her, let's buy it later." Yoona excitedly shared her plans.

 

"It's lunch, right?"

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

Seohyun took a while to respond. "I have plans at 4pm. So, it's fine." She smiled in relieved to remind herself Yuri and her are going out after her work.

 

"Oh, where are you going?" Yoona got curious.

 

"Thinking of going back to my work now. You know, been pushing my return since you returned and I started my review for CPA. I think I can able to go back to my work now." Seohyun softly replied as she returned brushing her teeth.

 

"I see. Enjoy your shower, I'll make breakfast this time." leaving her girlfriend in her bathroom, Yoona headed outside just to be surprised to see Krystal in the living room, having coffee. "J-Just when did you came, Krys?"

 

"Last night, Unnie. I stayed over. Yeri invited me over to help me with my projects." Krystal informed brightly. "Glad to see you're now living here, Unnie."

 

"Yeah..." Yoona chuckled awkwardly. "I had to clean my apartment first. But i haven't even started. Anyway, enjoy your coffee." she smiled and proceed to the kitchen.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun walked out the bathroom to get the towel but had to pick up her own phone when she heard her phone ringing. "Good morning, ex." she playfully greeted the tan girl.

 

[What a way to greet me. But I'm calling to tell you our plan to look around Seoul will be happening in two hours.]

 

"What?" Seohyun gasps. "I thought after your work?"

 

[Unfortunately, I have to skip school for today as our wedding planner, Taeyeon needs to meet us tonight. So, I have to change our plan. Is that okay for you?]

 

"Oh, hold on... " said Seohyun as she took the alarm clock from the night stand to check the time. In two hours means 8pm. 'I don't think we'll be able to last until afternoon.' So she's convinced she can able to have lunch with Yoona and her mom. She returned to Yuri and agreed with it. "See you later then."

 

[Okay, see you ex-girlfriend.] Yuri's turn to call her playfully.

 

"Yeah... see you." Seohyun laugh and ended the call. "Damn." But she hastily throws her phone on the bed and rushed back to the bathroom.

 

-

 

"Yah, at least finish your meal!" Yoona shouted once Seohyun decided to leave without finish breakfast. "Aish, she better has time later." She got a little worried because she might be busy once she returned and the sudden change of time. "Well, she hasn't disappointed me." brushing it off, she finishes her breakfast and finally got up from her seat. She headed upstairs to freshen up and left the apartment before the clock hits 10am.

 

Seohyun on the other hand is now with Yuri, looking around Seoul for a good place to propose. Yuri's idea is for Seohyun to propose in a unique place like rooftops, beaches, bridge, floating restaurant, movie theater, or maybe in a concert.

 

 

:::

 

 

It's almost 12 noon, Yoona has yet seen at least her girlfriend's shadow. She had been waiting for two hours since she returned to the restaurant after buying a bouquet of flowers for her mother.

 

"Why do I have to wait?" Taking her phone out, she dialed her number and could only hear its raining... for the next fifteen minutes. She decided to call Jessica.

 

[Are you guys having lunch now? Send me a photo.] Jessica greeted her with a demand.

 

"My mother is on the way and I can't reach her for fifteen minutes now. The cafe she's working is just near your office, right? Can you check on her?" Yoona decided to ask a favor.

 

[You're commanding me?]

 

"You want to help me, right?"

 

[Of course. Aish, I'll just ask my secretary. Hold on.]

 

Yoona pulled a chair to one of the tables in her restaurant and waited. It took only a couple of minutes and Jessica's voice returned.

 

[My secretary will be here later. So, did you buy flowers for your mom?]

 

"I did." Yoona instantly replied.

 

[Good. Now what's next is to make her comfortable with a conversation with you guys. Bring some topic that will make her interest with and you have to keep the conversation going. Don't ever go against with whatever she says. You have to make sure Seohyun and her will get along in something. Next step will be helping her in chores like cooking, cleaning, and even looking after her dog. Seohyun's a dog lover either way. Wait, did you orient Seohyun already?]

 

"Like I told you, I can't reach her. How am I going to tell her? She even left too early earlier."

 

[Tsk, just like Yuri too. She said she has to meet a professor first then we'll proceed with Taeyeon later.]

 

"So she skipped work?"

 

[She did. She also mentioned she has to visit Daehan.]

 

"Oh that kid must be missing her now."

 

[I know right? We're already thinking of adopting him so he won't be missing my fiancee.] Jessica giggles.

 

Yoona sighs as she smiled. "I'm so happy for you guys."

 

[I would be happier if you guys will fix your parents as well. Hehehe. Wait, I have to hang up now. Send me a family picture later.]

 

Yoona doesn't have to say anything as the call ended. She sighs and looked outside, only to find her mother's car has just arrived. She checks the time right away and widened her eyes there's only ten minutes before lunch time yet there's no sign of Seohyun at all. "Aish." getting up, she heads outside and greeted her mom with a bear hug.

 

"Aigoo, you did miss me, eh?" Mrs. Im returned the hug and gives her daughter a kiss on her cheek. "I'm glad you invited me. I thought that was the last time I'm going to see you." she playfully added as she chuckles softly.

 

Yoona just smiled and guided her mother inside. She brought her to the table that she prepared for them and took the flowers from the other table. "For you, mom." she sweetly smiled.

 

"Omo, this is so sweet for you, honey." Mrs. Im sweetly responded taking the flowers in her arms and smell it. "It's been a while since your dad has given me my favorite flower."

 

Yoona took a seat with an amuse smile. "He's pretty busy."

 

"So, where's your girlfriend? I thought she'll be with us?" Mrs. Im look around but there's no one except them and the staffs of her daughter's restaurant.

 

"I didn't mention she'll be with us. You are expecting her?" Yoona d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter