Roommates

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

32 | Roommates

 

 

***

 

 

"What?" Yuri is trying to keep her driving when the engine suddenly sounds weird and before she knows it, she stopped in the middle of the highway. She gasps and eyes widened when smoke started to be seen on her hood.

 

Stepping out of the car, she opens the hood. She literally steps back and cough as she tried to wave away the smoke. Worse, she finds out of the tires exploded. "Aish! Just when I am having a good day." She groans, couldn't believe it's happening with her.

 

As much as she wanted to fixed it on her own, there's no way she'll fix it on time. It seems like loses the battery and it needs replacement.

 

A horn was suddenly heard from behind her car when one black passes at her. She was cursed by a man and scolded for breaking her car in the middle. She hastily closes the hood and dialed a number to ask for help.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica who is humming the song playing on her radio while driving wonders when she saw a car stopping in the middle. She slowed down and as she gets closer and closer; her eyes feel familiarity of the car. Then as she finally passes, she concluded it was indeed owned by Yuri, who seems to be having some trouble. She looked back and sensed the latter needs her help. She immediately pulled the car over and was about to steps out of the car when she got hesitant.

 

"She needs my help." But she ends up leaving her car and jogs towards the troubled tan girl. "Needs some help?"

 

Yuri just ended the call when she heard a familiar voice that quickly made her turn and heart skips a beat. "J-Jessica." She gulped nervously seeing her in front of her when she least expected it.

 

"You can't stop your car in the middle." Jessica reminded as she walks to the car and finally finds out her car broke in the middle.

 

"I already called a mechanic to fix this. You don't have to worry." Yuri informed as she smiled longingly.

 

"Of course I don't have to. But the car is obviously blocking the high way. Police might catch you if you don't move it to the side right away." Jessica said as matter of fact, walking to the driver's seat and stepped inside without telling her. "I'll start the engine and you pushed from behind!" She instructed immediately.

 

Yuri hastily runs to the trunk and as the car moves slowly, she began pushing it with all her might.

 

Jessica is driving it in the side of the road. She realized it's not moving enough that it made her glanced to the side mirror, where she can see Yuri is doing her best. "Aigoo..." She smiled a little and focus back in front.

 

It took a while but they managed to put the car on the side.

 

"Thank you." Yuri breathlessly said her thanks while wiping her sweats. "I'll just wait for the help to come."

 

Jessica just smiled and walks back to her own car. But she stopped on her tracks as she turned and figured the tan girl will definitely not going to arrive in Yoona's invitation on time. "Need a ride?" So, she asked her loud enough.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm heading to that place you're also going."

 

Yuri blinks a couple of times. "Yoona invited you?" Confused at the moment.

 

"Wae? You don't want to see me there?" Jessica asks but she resumed her walk to her car eventually.

 

Yuri couldn't miss the chance and she hurriedly grabs her luggage from the trunk, her purse and followed the blonde to her car, taking the passenger seat in an instant. "I hope I'm not bothering you." She felt shy out of a sudden.

 

"Your car seems so broken. I doubt your mechanic can fix it that easily." Jessica reasoned without giving the tan girl a look. She started the engine and slowly drives off.

 

Yuri sighs. "Yeah." She felt relieved and lucky enough because the blonde saves her day. She glanced to her side and whispered, "Thank you." She expects to hear nothing but she proves her wrong.

 

"Next time, you check your car before going to a long trip." Jessica gives the latter an advice.

 

"True. Would have done it beforehand. I'll definitely put that in mind." Yuri replied and chuckled because she felt embarrassed being caught by someone who least wanted to see her. She got quiet and so as the blonde. "Why did you decided to go?" But her curiosity kills her. She turned her head and watches as Jessica also turned at her but she focusses on the road right after.

 

"I... don't have reasons. I just want to... also join. I mean, I can't be the only one left in Seoul, right?" Jessica said, being careful with her words. She couldn't help but sigh, however, as her heart aches a little.

 

"Silly me." Yuri shakes her head. "Of course, no one wants to be left out." Playing around with the blonde. "It's gonna be fun then."

 

"Right." Nodding, Jessica glances and smiled a little to the tan girl.

 

Yuri smiled back. 'I Miss you.' But can't deny the fact that her heart longs for her.

 

Totally feeling awkward, Jessica the radio back and a rock song automatically blasted the car. She was about to change the radio when Yuri's hand caught hers, making her felt like electrified and she pulled her hand back quickly. Her heart beats fast as Yuri stared at her with those beautiful and soft gazes of hers. It focused back to the road with her mind scolding her heart. 'You're ing idiot.'

 

"Oh, this is a good song." Yuri said once she changed the radio and a pop song is playing. She couldn't help and smile secretly, as she witnesses how red is the blonde over their last eye-contact. She sure the latter had the same heartbeats as hers. She's relieved to learn she hasn't changed a bit.

 

 

***

 

 

3 hours since she fell asleep on their bus trip, Seohyun woke up and realized it's not only her who fell asleep. Almost of the staffs are apparently sleeping on their respective seats, including the deer, who is sitting alone. Her sister is on the other hand is busy watching movies on her phone.

 

"Yah, why didn't you tell me I fell asleep?" She scolded the younger however, which made her jumps in surprise and she earns a hit on her shoulder. "You're too focus there, what are you watching?" Giggles her as she grabs her sister close to her to see the movie she's watching.

 

"Are you still sleeping?" Yeri questioned, thinking twice of sharing her phone because of what her sister did.

 

Seohyun snatched the device. "Yah! Why aren't you sharing it with me?"

 

"You don't like the movie." Yeri snatched the smartphone back and stuck her tongue.

 

"Even so. Let me see it." Seohyun however can't give up easily and she tried to snatched it back, only to meet the air as her sister hastily get up and transferred to an empty seat behind. "Yah! Why are you so selfish?" She sulks, crossing her arms and puffs.

 

"Who's selfish?" Yoona who was awakened by the noise couldn't understand and she asked yawning.

 

"Oh, Yoona. It's nothing." Seohyun awkwardly and embarrassingly replied.

 

"Where's Yeri?" Yoona realized the younger one is alone and she scans the bus just to see the youngest Seo is just behind her sister.

 

"She's not sharing me the movie she's watching. She's the selfish." Seohyun eventually just told the deer.

 

"No wonder you guys are noisy." The older girl chuckled softly. "Mind me if I transfer?" And she suddenly thought of joining her.

 

Seohyun smiled so friendly. "Of course not. You can take it." She didn't think twice and invited the deer, patting the empty space next to her.

 

Yoona got up and casually took the seat. "Did you fell asleep as well?" She got curious.

 

"Yes." Seohyun said and looked behind them. "Everyone is."

 

"It's going to be hard to wake them up." Yoona sighs and smile in amusement. She never had any trip with her staffs yet. It'll be the first time.

 

"Did you mention it's only five hours of trip?"

 

"Yes."

 

"They will be awake before we arrived."

 

"How sure are you?"

 

"No one can last for 8 hours of sleeping while on a trip. Unless one of them really got tired yesterday." Seohyun believes it. For someone who travels sometimes, she always noticed how everyone would be asleep during a ride but everyone gets off at the same time.

 

Yoona is amazed. "You sure know that stuffs."

 

"Nah, just love to observe?" Seohyun playfully grin.

 

"You sure." The deer chuckled, feeling silly with her same words.

 

"By the way, you haven't mentioned about the person you are looking for, for a while now. What happened to it?" As it crossed her mind, Seohyun asks without hesitations. It's been weeks since they returned to the city and she hasn't heard Yoona sharing any updates about it.

 

Yoona was about to answer when the driver of the bus suddenly announced something.

 

"Will be stopping by a store. Whoever wants to pee or eat, you guys can freely leave the bus."

 

And after that, the bus made a stop in a convenient store. Seohyun and Yoona both looked outside the window.

 

"Do you want to get out?"

 

"I need a pee, indeed." Seohyun did not waste time and she follow few of the staffs that left the bus.

 

Yoona got on her feet and was about to do the same when she realized Yeri is stuck on her seat. She took her phone to gain her attention. "Need something for me to buy, Yeri?"

 

"Oh." Yeri finally realized they are stopping. "I'm okay, Chef Im." But she doesn't have anything to ask for. So, she grabbed her phone back.

 

Yoona is agape in disbelief. She somehow understands as the younger girl is just a teenager. She brushed off and continues her way out. She immediately spotted her staffs having some snacks while having conversations.

 

"Chef Im, do you want some?" And one of them offers her bread.

 

"No thanks. I'll get mine." Yoona declines and headed to the fridge first. She got thirsty and wanted to have some water. But instead of a bottle, she took sodas.

 

"Oh, I thought you're staying?" Seohyun approached the doe-eyed when she saw the latter getting some sodas. "Are you drinking them all?" But she added another question.

 

"Oh no. I'm sharing it with everyone." Yoona smiled brightly.

 

"Wait. Let's buy tomato chips, cup noodles and bottle of water too." Seohyun said as she places what she mentioned to a basket in her left arm.

 

"Didn't we have enough of that?"

 

"How about our trip in going back? It'll totally be tiring and starving." Seohyun said as a matter of fact.

 

Yoona thought of it and she slowly nodded to agree with the younger. They went to the cashier counter and pay for it. But she pushed Seohyun's hand off as she pays all of it alone.

 

"Seriously?" Seohyun is in disbelief.

 

"You carry it rather." Yoona said and playfully stuck her tongue. She didn't wait for her reaction as she left the store with one plastic bag on hand only while Seohyun got three bags.

 

Bowing to the cashier girl, Seohyun then followed suit and gives the plastic bags to the one who pays for it. "You're so bad." She hits her shoulder playfully, earning laughter from her.

 

"Did I miss something?" Asked Yeri when she noticed they're back in thr bus.

 

Yoona and Seohyun both pushed her head back, to return her back to her seat.

 

"We'll be resuming our ride. Please take on your sear comfortably and enjoy the ride." The Bus driver announced.

 

"You know what's good about this?" Yoona suddenly had a sweet smile on her face.

 

"What?" Seohyun simply raises her eyebrows.

 

"Going on a trip with someone I don't think will be with me." Yoona took the younger girl's hand and hold it close to her chest, where her heart is located. Her smile, it's charming and meaningful.

 

Seohyun swallowed a heavy lump on as she can feel the beat of the deer's heart, beating in sync with hers.

 

 

***

 

 

"We are here." As Jessica announced, she turned her head to the passenger seat, just to find out the tan girl still sleeping soundlessly. "Yah, wake up, Kwon Yuri." She pokes her gently on her shoulder blade but it did not let Yuri move. She pokes her again and again but still, she won't budge. "Seriously." So she give a little strength this time with her full hand, the tan girl only speaks on her sleep in gibberish. "She's making fun of me or what?" Shaking her arm this time, "Yah, Kwon Yuri." She called her name for the second time. "We're here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter