No Choice

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 | No Choice

 

***

 

Yoona has the brightest smile on her face as she greets Seohyun a 'good morning' while sitting on the couch. But all that she has received is a big yawn and her arms being stretch while she's walking to the bathroom without even greeting her back. She pouts her lips sadly and crossed her arms. 'After what I have done yesterday? She will just ignore me? What kind of a friend she is?' She can't help and complain, but at the back of her head. "Aish, this isn't helping." Getting up, she walks to the door and knocks twice. "Joohyun-ah... " calling her by her name cutely at the same time. "How was your sleep?" And asks her, smiling gleefully because she has the nicest dream ever. "Do you have a good dream?" And she wanted to know if they have the same dream, since the latter appeared to it.

 

"I don't... remember my dream... but actually... had a good sleep." Came Seohyun's reply.

 

"Chincha?" Yoona is disappointed. "I thought you do."

 

"What was your dream then? You sound like you remember it."

 

Upon hearing the younger girl is curious, Yoona got excited. "It's a sweet dream... I can still remember it."

 

"Okay... "

 

"It was me and-"

 

"Yoona-ssi?! Are you guys awake now?"

 

"Aish!" The doe-eyed girl literally hissed upon hearing Taecyeon's voice that cut her sentence midway. "Yes, Taecyeon-ssi! We're so much awake here!" she can't help and raise her voice out of annoyance.

 

"The breakfast is ready. You guys just have breakfast on your own. I still have to work to the farm."

 

Yoona was about to response when she heard footsteps, indicating Taecyeon has already left the door. "Aigoo, this means we can't see his father - Omo, we have to go to the farm?" she gasps as she realizes their situation.

 

"What did you just say?" Seohyun opens the bathroom door and heard Yoona saying something she didn't get it.

 

"It looks like the Ok family have left the home earlier than us. We... have to go to the farm to see them." Yoona explained feeling like she and Seohyun has another problem to deal.

 

"Do you mean, they want us to go to the mountain? Far from here?"

 

"That was I am talking about." Yoona sheepishly smile.

 

"Aish! They're getting on my nerves!" Seohyun stomps on her feet as she heads to get the towel. And she passes at Yoona with a stern glare. "You better think of a way on how to get there easily, Im Yoona." and whispers before she completely went inside the bathroom.

 

"This is driving me crazy!!!!" Yoona literally ruffles her own hair. "How could they do this to us? They're so ruuuude!!!" as she began to walk back and forth in front of the bathroom door.

 

Seohyun having a shower is not minding what's coming outside, as she just enjoy the shower like she always does. Stress will come when she's ready. For now, she wants to relax her muscles, that she deserves the most after working hard for a long day.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona stopped from walking when she heard a roaring sound of an engine outside. She rushed outside and was glad to see Taecyeon.

 

"I figured you guys need a ride to the farm. So I returned right away." Taecyeon explained with a grin.

 

"You surely save us, Taecyeon-ssi." Yoona smiled back in relief.

 

-

 

Just like the ride that took them, they find themselves at the back of the truck. But this time, it's a day and Yoona can see clearly... How beautiful Seohyun is while the wind is flying their hair. Especially that she has a long hair, it adds to her viewing pleasure.

 

'I hate it when I like someone else, they always give me these butterflies. But I don't need it when she's giving me the whole damn Zoo right now.' And she's sure not going to take her eyes off of her until the ride comes to an end.

 

"By the way." But as she thought of that, Seohyun turned to looked at her. She has her eyes wide and hurriedly turned her head away while blushing profusely and keeps on blinking so many times. "Waeyo?" Seohyun noticed.

 

"N-Nothing."

 

"You keep on blinking fast." Seohyun pointed out.

 

"A dirt was on my eyes." Yoona lamely denied and started rubbing her eyes.

 

"Chincha?" Oblivious, The younger one moves closer to the other girl and she leans in, takes the latter's hand away and tried to see the dirt.

 

Yoona's heart beats faster than ever upon realizing Seohyun's face is too near. She panics. "What... What... A-are you doing?" She tried to speak but ends up stammering.

 

"I don't see anything." Seohyun whispered softly as she raises her brows.

 

"Yes? Uh... It's-"

 

"Hold on." She interrupted, leaning even closer until their noses are just inches apart. "Don't blink."

 

'How... am I going to blink?' Yoona thought as she gulped and is holding her breath. Those eyes, those beautiful eyes that's so near to her is making her weak. She doesn't know what to do.

 

Seohyun then blows and air to the deer's eyes and leans back. "I think you have rub it off already." She said and giggles.

 

Blinking continuously, Yoona barely could respond. All that she can hear is her pounding heart and how hot she feels both her face and her shoulders. She thought she's like a volcano that's about to explode or anything. So she keeps fanning herself using her two hands, in attempt of calming herself.

 

"Anyway, as I was saying. I want to talk to Taecyeon's father and hopefully can convince him over bringing us back before the sun sets." Seohyun said when it comes to her mind again. "Is it too hot? Why are you fanning yourself?" But couldn't miss the weird actions from the deer. The wind is like thousands of electric fan, it's strange to see her doing it when she doesn't have to.

 

"Yes? Uh... N-nothing. Hehehe." Awkwardly grinning, Yoona put her hands down and looked down in shame.

 

"Are you unwell?"

 

"Of-of course not." Yoona quickly chin up. "It's just suddenly uncomfortable." She hinted, smiling sheepishly.

 

Seohyun wanted to ask more but felt that she would still not tell her the truth. So she shrugs and turns her head to the other side. 'Aigoo, she's adorable.' But as much as she wants to deny it, she finds Yoona's actions adorable. And her lips curved into a smile.

 

Yoona sighed in relief after noticing the younger have given up. She mentally scolded herself for being silly and childish. But she sure can't help herself. Especially that Seohyun is grabbing her attention too much now.

 

-

 

"What?!" But their plan to go back home before sunset seems to vanish after Mr. Ok have told them to help harvesting their carrots. They will only be going home if they can able to harvest them all. And both of them can't believe it.

 

"Yoona here is allergic with carrots Mr. Ok! Can we help harvesting the eggplants instead?" Seohyun is concerned over the deer's allergies and she brings it up to the strict father of Taecyeon.

 

"Is that true, Chef Im?"

 

Yoona is surprised to hear it from the younger and suddenly couldn't say a word about it.

 

"Didn't you notice last night? She was pushing aside the carrots." Seohyun figured and saves the doe-eyed girl.

 

"Well then, you can help with the eggplants, tomatoes, potatoes and ginger." Mr. Ok revealed. Then before the two can react, he was called out from one of his partners and left them dumbfounded.

 

"This is already too much!"

 

"Too much than the way you punished me last night!" Yoona unconsciously added, stomping her own feet in the process.

 

"I hate him!"

 

"I hate him more!"

 

"Work now, fellas!" But their complain were unheard when one of the employees put a bag behind them and pushed them to move.

 

"This is too absurd."

 

"Totally." Both sighed in defeat and work as what the old man have told them nevertheless.

 

 

***

 

 

3 days later... since she had brought the problem to Yuri, Jessica is back to her home, the home that she shared with her best friend and their sisters. But since, Seohyun has yet to neither call nor tell her arrival, she's alone and bored. Three days since the dressmaker also promised to do it by then, but until now, she has yet to see the dress. Gladly and Seohyun has never called since then. So she has confidence the dressmaker can make it before she returns. Worse, her sister didn't even come home since the incident back in their parents' home. She seems to be upset still, but she can't do anything about it. Yuri, who she knows is busy taking care of huggie is also not trying to call her since she dropped her home. She wanted to call her but she can't bother her anymore, when there's nothing important.

 

So here she is, lying on the couch, bored and feeling like everyone doesn't care about her.

 

"What am I going to do... " sighing while playing with the remote control on her right hand, she pouts her lips while finding of a way to spend her day, especially that it's Sunday, and there's no office work for her. "Aha! I'm going to invite, my college friends over!" She suddenly had an idea and took her phone from the side, opening her kakao talk account and went to see the group chat. No one is online so she just posted her message for them to see later.

 

Hi guys!!! It's Jessica Jung!!!

The Great Jessica Jung is back online!!!

 

And to celebrate this, I am holding a party at my house tonight at 7pm.

You guys know exactly the address, so just come here and let's celebrate!!!

 

She expectantly didn't see any reply, so she toss her phone on the side and open her TV, as if she hasn't opened it for years. She began to enjoy the TV program for the past 2 hours, until she got tired and suddenly her phone is beeping so much. Thinking it was her invitation; she took her phone almost immediately and checks the group chat. "Holy... " Her eyes went large when continuous messages are coming is confirming they're coming to her house party. "How many actually are member of this group chat?" She wasn't aware of it so she checks the members, only to see 5 thousand of them. "What the ." She cursed, didn't think of that beforehand. Now, it seems everyone on the group chat is coming. And she hasn't yet prepared anything for the party.

 

"What am I going to do?" It's quiet late but she started to panic. She moves around the house, just to return to the living room and took her phone to call THAT one person she knows can actually help her that right instant. "Kwon Yuri!"

 

[Hell... lo?] Yuri's voice is not that lively when she answered the phone call.

 

"Eh? Are you okay?" Jessica somehow got concerned when she noticed the unusual voice from the prankster.

 

[I'm fine. It's just that... I was doing all the chores earlier and took care of huggie. I'm glad you called, otherwise, I would end up just sleeping. So what's up, Zombie? You're missing me already? No or Yes?] But Yuri's voice got lively upon hearing that blonde is concern. She had been busy lately that she can't check her phone. Now it seems she has the reason to do so.

 

"You did the house chores?" Jessica couldn't quite believe it. "The Kwon Yuri I know is doing something good?"

 

[Why do I feel like everything I will share is not okay for you? Tell me, Zombie... what kind of a human am I and you are treating me like this?! Huh?!]

 

"Hahahaha!!!!" Jessica exploded into a big laughter. But just stopped on her own, when she realized there's no one laughing with her. "Alright, I do believe though. It's just; anyway, I wouldn't mention it. So I called because I need you to help me something."

 

[Really? Another trouble? Yah! Jessica Jung! When are you going to stop creating troubles! Aren't you tired of it?!]

 

"Ugh, don't question me please! I wasn't careful earlier. I was just bored and suddenly wanted to hold a party with my college friends. I didn't know all of them will be coming. SO ARE YOU GOING TO HELP ME OR NOT?! Please... help me... Hmm?" She changed her voice into soft instantly, hoping she can convince Yuri again to help her. "We're friends... aren't we?" she added, softer this time.

 

There was couple of seconds of silence on the next line until she heard...

 

[Sh*t.]

 

"What's with the curse?" Jessica scoffs when she only receives that one word.

 

[I'm cursing because you're the dumbest person I know! BUT I FREAKING COULDN'T IMAGINE YOU, DEALING ONLY THIS AND THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE. Aish! I hate you. But I'm coming.]

 

"Chincha? Chincha? Chincha?" Jessica got excited.

 

[Unless you do something.]

 

"Aish! I-"

 

[Give me kisses. I mean, sounds of kisses here - on the phone.]

 

"What?" Flustered, the blonde almost end the phone call.

 

[If you are not going to do it, then I'm not coming. At least three sounds of kisses. Come on, Zombie... that's not a hard thing to do... Heheheh. Just like them. Mwah... mwah mwah...] Yuri instructed by making three sounds of kisses.

 

'What kind of a fool is this?' The cute voice of Yuri is making Jessica blush and it's not giving her heart a rest as it also beats faster. And there she is, doesn't know if she's going to do what the tan girl is asking her.

 

[Yah! You're not going to do it or-]

 

"Mwah... mwah... mwah... " Jessica interrupted before she couldn't do it. She hurriedly ended the call and toss it on the couch as she squeals. "Kyaaaaa I'm soooo embarrassing!!!" holding her face that's too red like a tomato while walking around and around her place. "That's humiliating! That Kwon Yuri is obviously taking advantage of me! So evil! Damn it!" she stopped and fell on her back to the couch, agape and still couldn't stop thinking how she ends up making those sounds to the tan girl. "That donkey will be the death of me soon." she said and completely lied down to the couch. Her chest is busy moving up and down while her cheeks are still so hot.

 

Meanwhile, Yuri feels like she was on top of the world and couldn't stop from running around the house. But later did she stop and hurriedly freshen up. "I'm coming!!!" excited to see the blonde again, after three days. "Jessica Jung!!! Wait for me babyyyy!!!" She shouted while showering. Unknown to the zombie girl, she had been thinking of her for the past three days, and there's no way she will even be going to sleep without whispering her name.

 

 

***

 

 

Ji-Hyun had no words to say the moment Yoona and Seohyun returned home but unexpected was carrying sacks of tomatoes, potatoes, squash and sweet corns.

 

"U-Unnie... Is this the reason that it took you guys more than three days to go home?" Yeri on the other hand couldn't believe that the two will come home with all of these veggies. "Tell me, do you guys wss force or-"

 

"We don't have a choice. Mister Ok is too persistent and he is the captain of that ship. Besides, they don't leave their island without any order from here or other islands nearby, so we have to work our off in order to come home." Yoona explained so everyone could understand.

 

"Yoona got what am I supposed to explain." Seohyun sighs and exhaustedly headed to her room.

 

"But we are all good." Yoona smiled despite how exhausted she is too. "We actually had fun."

 

"I can see it." Ji-hyun said and followed her niece to the room.

 

"I'm amazed by your spirit, Unnie." Yeri thumbs up, smiling so big towards the doe-eyed girl.

 

"Chincha?! And l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter