It's You

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08 | It's You

 

***

 

"Why is it two fools? Are the owner really idiots? It's such a stupid name for a cafe."

 

One costumer laughs out so loud in front of the counter, which made Jessica and Seohyun turns their heads from their table with their fierce look. They were about to stand up when Amber steps in front of them, shaking her head.

 

"You guys fault for naming the cafe like this." And told the two girls as a matter of fact.

 

"Well, as long as she order and pay for it." Said Jessica as she shifts her attention back to her laptop.

 

"Yeah, but seems she only want to see the menu." However, Seohyun's eyes are still on the costumer, who's apparently still standing in front of the counter, looking up to read their menu.

 

"That's another thing if she doesn't order." Amber takes her seat in between the two best friends. She and Seohyun keep their eyes to the costumer, waiting for any moment she will finally order.

 

10 minutes had passed... 15 minutes... 18... 20... until -

 

"HELL YEAH! I GOT IN!" Jessica surprised them, which made their eyes averted to her and looked at her with death glares. "Look." However, Jessica doesn't mind and she turns the laptop, showing what she is celebrating. "I finally got to a University." she smiled so bright, as she waits for the two girls' reaction. "What can you say guys? Amber? Seobaby?"

 

Amber and Seohyun however stood up and approached the counter, as soon as the girl left.

 

"Did she order?" ask Amber to the cafe's cashier.

 

"What did she order?" Seohyun followed.

 

"What took her so long?"

 

"How can she laugh out so loud like that? Didn't she know that the owners are just inside?"

 

Jessica was agape and speechless. She thought the two were paying attention with her earlier, but no, they definitely did not leave their eyes from the costumer earlier. She sighs and decided to ignore them, as she returns her attention to the monitor, where it shows a letter. 'Dongguk University, here I come.' Her lips curved into a big and excited smile.

 

Right then, her eyes averted to her purse, next to the laptop, which reminds her of something. She opens it and took the business card inside. "Kwon... Yuri?" She raises her brows as she reads the card. "What the - did she just make this on her own?" But much to her surprised, she can only see a telephone and mobile number, it doesn't tells her what does she do in life. The card felt so boring for her.

 

"Sica? Something wrong?" Seohyun from the counter heard her best friend's voice and eventually turns her head to the table.

 

"Nothing." Jessica just smiled and stood up, hastily leaving outside while she pressed her phone against her ear, as she tries to contact the mobile number that was stated. Unfortunately, the next line didn't answer yet. She tried for the second time while she's walking back and forth, next to her car that needs to be fixed. "Damn. I knew she wouldn't answer." she dials it again for the third time. "Come on monkey. Pick the phone up." For the third time, it only ends up to the voice over. "Aish!" As she decided to just stop, she walks back inside, but only to stop at the front door, upon hearing her phone ringing in her right hand. She quickly answered it. "Damn you." and cursed at the person on the next line.

 

[I'm sorry. I was busy at the moment and I didn't hear my phone ringing. Anyway, anything-]

 

"Tomorrow at 10am, let's meet at the address I will send. You're going to pay whatever the fix will cost. Deal?" Jessica interrupted, not planning to have a long conversation with some stranger. Especially someone who broke her car.

 

[Fine. Like I have a choice. Anyway, as I was saying-]

 

"If you don't show up, then I have no choice as well and take you to the police. Do I make myself clear?" Once again, she did not want the next line to finish her response.

 

[Chill, Miss. I'm coming. I have no reason to run away from that trouble.]

 

"Good." With that, she ended the call and quickly sent her the address of the Automobile Repair Shop. She didn't expect for a reply, but she got one from her.

 

Unknown Number: Got it, Ma'am ^^

 

She unconsciously smiled and put her phone back to her coat's pocket, but jumps in surprised when she finds her best friend is already standing by the door with an obvious curious stare. She almost kicks the door if not for her instinct to stop herself.

 

"The driver of that car who broke the back of my car." She explained to her as she headed back to the table where her laptop is resting.

 

"Oh. Nice. So she's going to meet you again?" Seohyun asked casually, taking the previous seat she used.

 

"Of course." Said Jessica as she smiled briefly. "And I won't ever spend a single cent for that."

 

"That's my girl." Seohyun giggles and made a hi-5 with her best friend.

 

"She better not run away from me." Jessica chuckles.

 

"Otherwise, it's the end of the world." Seohyun can't stop imagining the poor lady who broke her best friend's car, begging for her second chance to live.

 

"More like she will not live the next day." Joke Amber as she stole the cup of coffee from their table and headed outside.

 

"Yah! Go home straight!" Jessica reminded, knowing where that friend of them will will go after the opening of the cafe. Amber only waves her hands in the air. "Aigoo, shouldn't have agreed for her to date my sister."

 

"Does she really have to date her?" Seohyun suddenly asked.

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica eyed her best friend confusedly.

 

"Amber, you know she's a playgirl. Adding Krystal on her list is quiet dangerous."

 

"Nope. Amber already changed. Well, at least for me."

 

"Ha! I caught her with a smaller girl two weeks ago, hanging out in a game center. They're freaking so sweet, Sicababy." Seohyun informed base on what she caught two weeks ago. She and Amber are friends as well, but she never like the way she dates a lot of girls behind her best friend's sister. "I thought you know about that ever since she dates your sister two months ago?" And it came as a surprise for her that her best friend doesn't know what Amber is doing behind her as well.

 

"What the... !" Jessica cursed. "Ambeeeeer!!!" and wails.

 

"Wait!" Seohyun however hold her best friend to stop her. "Does this means one thing?"

 

Jessica's brows rose. "Mean what?" confused as to what the other girl is implying.

 

"Amber obviously will hang out with your sister later in the club... which means... we can proceeds with our 5th anniversary in the club." Seohyun's brows are wiggling, knowing her best friend knows what she means by that. Jessica doesn't need to think it deeply as she grinned in response.

 

 

***

 

 

Blasting of music immediately welcomes a certain doe-eyed girl and a taller lady next to her, as soon as they steps inside in the club, like they promise for each other to hang out the next time they meet. Technically after five years of not contacting and seeing each other.

 

They were greeted by screams and shouts and bodies jumping and down to the beat of the music, as they go farther inside. Yuri's arms instantly were thrown around Yoona's shoulders as she pulled her close to her and started doing the same like the others. Yoona laughs and couldn't resist the temptation as she joined with her cousin, squeezing over the crowd at the center of the dance floor. Alcohol that spread around is starting to soak them, which cause to get them even wilder.

 

Wet and feels like in heaven, everyone are having their lives a night. Most are just to have fun while others wanted to forget their problems.

 

But for the two cousins, they are having fun to celebrate their freedom. A freedom from their parents and from the people that sometimes judge them as an Im and a Kwon, who didn't follow their parents 5 years ago.

 

"Wooohoooo!!!"

 

"Yeaaaah!!!!"

 

"Hell Yeah!!!"

 

And more screams are defeaning the entire club, like there's no tomorrow. Until the music have changed, some left while others continues to dance to the music. Yoona and Yuri are two of the clubbers that are staying, but unlike earlier, they're now calm and are dancing randomly, not the usual head banging and jumping up and down. They're like some country girls, that just went to a club, as they continue to shake their bodies, wave their hands, jump like a buny and frog, and sometimes like someone who has a seizure. Everyone around them in the dance floor are all chuckling and smiling, totally amused to the duo.

 

30 minutes later, both are sweating and decided to finally rest for a while. They took their seats at the bar counter and ordered for two bottle of water instead of an alcohol, which is basically their smell now.

 

However, Yuri who is known for her habits that she had stopped a long time ago suddenly couldn't resist the smell of the alcohol and she ordered one glass of whisky.

 

"Yah! I thought you already quit drinking?" Yoona frowned and she hit her cousin's arm.

 

"It's just for tonight. And besides, aren't we celebrating today, Yoong? You're so strict." Yuri hits her cousin's arm back before she took the glass and didn't wait for her cousin to react to have couple of drinks on the drink she had missed for years.

 

The doe-eyed girl shakes her head in disappointment. But as much as she want to stop her dear cousin, she understands the call of it. She herself is resisting the need to light at least one stick like what she saw outside the club, but no, she can't. She swear to end her life if she will get back to it.

 

So she just let her cousin do whatever she wants at the moment and here she is, drinking the water she ordered for the two of them. She keeps on moving her head up and down to the music beat at the same time.

 

Meanwhile, on the next club, two best friends are also having fun... Having fun watching Amber and Krystal dancing to the beat of the music that was blasting nonstop at the background. They're not just watching, they are also recording their moves, especially Amber that had been so intimate with Krystal.

 

"Looks like Krystal don’t know Amber hasn't changed." Jessica said, shaking her head in disappointment because she can notice Amber will look to the other girls from time to time.

 

"Is she even aware she's a Playgirl?"

 

"Obviously not, Seobaby."

 

Seohyun nodded and zooms the camera close to the two girls having their night. They are at the second floor, so it's easy for them to stalk the two.

 

"You should order now." Jessica suddenly noticed their table has nothing yet except glass of water. "I've heard they have good pizza and ice cream here too." She shouted to make sure her best friend heard her.

 

"Whoa, chincha? Not just about drinks and their music?" Seohyun did not expect to hear it. She thought the club is just a normal club like the others.

 

"Yah! Not all clubs offers drinks and music only. They have food too. Tsk, tsk, why so clueless?"

 

"You know I don't club always." The younger one stated as a fact.

 

"What the, do I look like a clubber too?" Jessica exclaimed, feeling a little offended by her best friend's words.

 

Seohyun grinned. "Just Kidding." Showing two peace signs. "I know you like your best friend more than clubbing. And you don't like sneaking the house just to hang out with your office mates." But she couldn't hold it and still tease the older girl. Only to earn a kick under the table. She chuckles and the latter rolled her eyes. "Alright, let's just order then." She raised her hand and catches the attention of the waitress immediately.

 

"20 bottles of beer." Jessica suddenly ordered.

 

Seohyun gasped upon hearing the amount of orders her best friend have said. "Are you crazy?" Her eyes widened in the process.

 

"That's why we have a cafe right?" Jessica giggles.

 

Seohyun scoffs in disbelief. "Be sure to drink them all."

 

"What? You're drinking with me! It's our anniversary, remember?"

 

"10 beers? I don't think I can take that, Sica!" Seohyun declined strongly.

 

"Well you have to drink because I can't also take 20 beers all by myself!"

 

"Ugh! Just five would do!"

 

"No! 20 is better!"

 

"You can't!"

 

"We can finish it all!"

 

"Yah! No! We can't! Unless you'll call Amber and Krystal in our table."

 

"They're not going to sit with us. It's our anniversary for freaking out loud!"

 

Seohyun whines. "Sica!!!"

 

"20 beers, one pizza box and two salads. Please hurry up." Jessica ordered and smile victoriously to the waitress who is wearing an amusement smile towards them. "It's our Friendsary tonight, actually, Miss." She added with a wink.

 

"Yah! Jung Sooyeon!" Seohyun literally slams the table causing for the blonde to laugh out so loud, so proud to pissed her besy friend off. It's always fun, adorable and really funny to see her so pissed.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes back and crossed her arms as she leans into her seat. Can no longer say a word watching her best friend having fun with her again. But later did her lips curved into a happy smile, love the way she laughs over silly things only. Shifting her gazes unconsciously back to the cam corder, her eyes widened when she realized it's not Krystal anymore that Amber is dancing with.

 

Jessica stops laughing and instantly took the can corder that had been recording the first floor. "Sh*t." She cursed out so loud upon catching Amber kissing the girl she's dancing with.

 

Seohyun's head turned to the side and the same like her best friend, she's in shock. "I knew it!" She was about to leave and stopped Amber when Jessica suddenly took her hand.

 

"Let's wait for a while, Joohyun!"

 

"What?! That's not the right thing to do. We should confront Amber before she could continue fooling your sister, Sica!" Seohyun furiously responded.

 

"No! Let's calm down first. We can't make a scene and embarrassed our selves! Stay in your seat, Now!" Jessica commanded as she stood and pushed her best friend back to her seat.

 

"Aish!" Seohyun got nothing to do but to comply and continues to watch Amber and that unknown girl she's making out apparently.

 

Jessica returns to her seat. But the moment another girl approached Amber and the latter kissed her also, she can't keep calm herself. She stands up again and she rushed downstairs.

 

Seohyun was about to follow when she suddenly thought of embarrassing moment she might do if she do the same like her best friend. So she made couple of breathing exercises while she's calming her nerves. But as the beer came, she grabs one of the bottle and drinks it almost immediately.

 

Scream and some shouts from Jessica was heard from the first floor, she fasten her drink and exhaled so loud before she follows her, hoping to stop the hellsica. One of the worse moment she never liked to see. But she has no choice but to see it and stop her, with all her strength.

 

Pull, push, pull, push, and a kick on Amber's stomach, Jessica did all her best to punished the latter but it didn't take long because her best friend came to stopped her by holding her into her arms and lifted her off ground so she could bring her outside. Everyone are all shock because she single-handed the blonde, despite the fact that she's struggling to be down and all.

 

"We can't go back anymore. You'll get in jail if you continue." Scolded Seohyun as she put her best friend down. But Jessica insisted and tried to pass her best friend, but to her dismay, the girl grabs her hand and drags her to the next club.

 

"It's you who told me to calm down yet you are violently reacting? You must be kidding me, Jessica!"

 

"Amber needs more punishment!" Jessica strongly defends.

 

"I know!"

 

"Then why are you dragging me here? To a different club?" Jessica keeps on struggling while she tries to stop her best friend from bringing her somewhere as well.

 

"It's because we can't let this night ruined by that fool. It's our anniversary, remember?"

 

"Still-"

 

"No more excuse! Let's mind them tomorrow, since we have the evidence already!" Seohyun yelled, putting some sense into her best friend's brain. She stopped from her tracks just on time they are in the middle of the dance floor and clubbers are dancing around them. She turned to face her best friend and continued. "Amber will be apologizing a lot once we confront her in peace. What you did earlier is just embarrassing yourself. It's like you're forgetting you are a Jung, that is not on Amber's level. You should know that better than me." she sighs afterwards, totally exhausted. "Let's give this night for our Friendship and not be distracted by the way our other friend is behaving. Tomorrow, she can't get away from us anymore, I promise." an assuring smile formed in her lips as she started dancing, slowly. "For now, let's dance!"

 

Jessica chuckles but slowly she is also following her best friend, who always doesn't fail her from giving her the best scold. Well, she's right. The best punishment is to show the video they recorde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter