Awkward

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | Awkward

 

***

 

"What is going on here?" A flight attendant approached Seohyun and Jessica's seats when she noticed something is going on to the two. Her brows raised as the two were frozen upon her arrival.

 

Seohyun and Jessica eventually turned away from each other, crossing their arms near their chest at the same time. None of them tried to open their mouth to talk or explain to the flight attendant.

 

"Alright, just so you guys know, this is not a fight zone. Whatever was making piss you both, forget about it and just be friends with each other." The flight attendant suggested, hoping to resolve the two passengers.

 

'Friends my a**'. Jessica cursed inside her mind, glancing to the other girl next to her and quickly looked away. 'Over my dead body.'

 

'Friends? Never happening.' And Seohyun has her own thoughts as well, shrugging her shoulders in the process, not planning to turn to the other side. Watching the clouds outside the window is more than fun for her. But she can't help it and she take a turn to the side, only then to face the clouds back.

 

"It's going to be a long flight, ladies. It's better if you guys look on the other side as well. Don't blame me if you guys ends up having stiff neck. And they say, friends are best in the world because they don't leave your side no matter what happens. Have a good flight." With an amuse smile, bowed a little, the flight attendant left peacefully.

 

Just like how stubborn they are, they never turned their heads to the other side. Without even turning their heads, they casually leaned their heads into their seat as time passes by. Both are still even so stubborn to drop their arms. Both are still crossing their arms for the past 10 minutes... 30... Hour and more hours... until they respectively fell into their dream lands.

 

The next time Seohyun woke up, 8 hours later, and the blonde next to her is already eating her meal. She let out a huge yawn, checking the outside if it's already night, but a sun setting greets her, reflecting her crystal and clear brown eyes. Her lips curved into a sweet smile, amazed by the pale tint of orange coming from the sun. It feels so great to witness another sunset. "It's been a while...” sighs her, realizing it had been a while she hasn't seen a sunset. It's just too beautiful; she couldn't take her eyes off of it.

 

Jessica sensed the girl next to her is already awake; she tilt her head to the side, only to see her looking at the outside through the window. 'I should have taken that seat.' she pouts, regretting it, while her spoon is sticking from . 'Would have been a good spot to read my books and enjoy the sunset. Geez, if only this isn't the girl that give me a bad luck, I could ask for a switch. But impossible she will agree, she's some rude one. Such a lady with no class.' She thought furthermore, trying to see the sunset through the small window. But since she's blocking it, it's only a glimpse. 'Ugh, no use.' Her eyes rolled back, as she returns to her meal casually. 'Why from all people I'm with this kind of person, though? I did not do wrong from my past life, did I? I feel like I've been punished or something. Geez, never mind - it will only give me wringkles.'

 

Seohyun had sense the blonde next to her have moved, so she turned her head to see if she's staring at her, she felt stupid to even think that way, when she finds her busy eating. 'Aish. Why am I sensing strange?' She shrugs it off and decided to lean into her seat. But the moment she did, her stomach grumbles. "Aish, should I remind them that it's meal time?" She literally stood up and looked for the stewardess.

 

Jessica almost laugh upon hearing the loud noise coming from the other girl's stomach, if she didn't covered right that instant. "Yeah, she did not even excuse when she left. So funny." she shakes her head out of disbelief, but she still can't forget how her stomach just made that noise randomly. Definitely her first time to hear something like that, especially in a plane. She couldn't hold it any longer and she laughs on her own. "Why am I laughing just because of it?" She shakes her head again, but this time, faster, to return her sense back. She compose also returns to finish her meal.

 

After a while, Seohyun returns to her seat, accompanied by the staff. She couldn't be happier the moment her food was served and did not miss as beat as she started eating. On the contrary, the blonde is already finished, leaving her seat this time.

 

Jessica walks inside the comfort room and washes on her hands. While she's busy of it, she suddenly got reminded to what happened hours ago with that girl. She hastily dried her hands with the plane's dryer and she took her phone out of her pocket, connecting her phone immediately to the plane's wifi. Once she got connected, she searches the cafe's sns, where she and that girl first met. Once she saw it, she immediately messages them about sending her a cctv video of a particular date and time. When the cafe responded they will comply, "Let's see if she still denied the incident once she saw the video." she had a smirk forming in her lips, as she also looked at herself through the mirror. But it only took a minute once the door opens, causing for her to compose herself and ignored Seohyun's weird gazes towards, walking out of the comfort room.

 

"Weird." Mutters Seohyun as she also brushes her off.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica did not think of it twice and she took Seohyun's seat, just want to watch the beautiful night sky. She turned her head behind, making sure she hasn't come back, as she started taking pictures of the night sky. It's always her routine to take pictures of the clouds if it's daylight and the moon at night time. Once she sensed she's coming back, she hastily stands up and returned to her own seat, putting on her headset and did not ever give the girl a stare while she can sense she is looking at her, as she takes her seat.

 

'This girl must be jealous I got the seat next to the window.' Seohyun thought, secretly amused of the latter. 'Hehe she can't ask me for a switch, can she?' She totally can read the girl's mind. 'She should ask me - but I won't switch for her.' she devilishly plans, if ever she couldn't hold it and ask her.

 

-

 

Jessica almost fell from her seat the moment she heard the pilot's voice, announcing that they have landed safe and sound to their destination, which also woke her up from her deep slumber. She hastily stood up and fixed her stuffs as she realizes passengers are now leaving their seats. That Seo Joohyun girl is even gone now. Meaning, she really had a deep sleep for hours. "Aish." hissed her, as she carries on her backpack and some stuffs on her hand, following the others to the exit in difficulties.

 

Just as she got into her car, her phone from her pocket rings. But as soon as she fetches it out, it ended. But Yoona's contact id is on the screen. She was about to just shrug it off when she received a message from her.

 

Yoona: Give me a call if you are available. ^^

 

She scoffed at her flirt. "Look who just dump me but still act like we're still a couple? No freaking way!" she literally deleted Yoona's number and put her phone back. Opening the car window, she decided to enjoy the wind and take pictures of the view. But in the middle of it, she suddenly got reminded by her ex-girlfriend, who is also a fond of snapping pics, especially the sky. She suddenly experiences a sharp pang of regret, as the memories with Yoona filled now her thoughts. She put her camera down, closes her eyes and let her emotions take her body. Unconsciously, her tears are streaming down from her cheeks. It's amazing and she still can do it - even though she had done it for almost a million times. But the pain is still so fresh - who wouldn't blame her?

 

Yoona, she's just such a good girlfriend and suddenly turns her down. It's not regrets, she's also totally upset.

 

'Sometimes, people's heart really changed. No matter how much she tells you she loves you.' It's hard to accept, but it's absolutely happening.

 

After a while, she opens her eyes slowly and gently wipes her tears away, just on time the car has stopped for traffic. In the corner of her eyes, she suddenly recognizes someone that was in the next car. She was about to call her and remind her about what happened in the cafe, but she shut when she notice the girl is leaning into the window, with tears sadly streaming down on her cheeks as well. She just as sad her - she's totally speechless, but she wonders what's making her sad like her as well. It's a strange feeling, when the girl is totally stupid back in the plane.

 

Sighing, she decided lean into her seat, just on time the other girl noticed someone was watching her.

 

'Did I see it right?' Seohyun thought, not sure if it was the blonde girl she encountered in the plane. Brushing her off, she finally wipes her tears away and leans into her seat, letting out a long sigh, scolding herself mentally that Yuri's name and image crosses her mind again. She's not in another country to think of her, so she should stop it and enjoy the cruise later.

 

A couple of minutes later, their cars have started to move again, heading to their hotel for the meantime, as the cruise will begin the next day.

 

 

***

 

 

A huge exhale escapes a young brunette the moment she had made herself inside her room. Her body is on the bed and arms are opened wide, while she's looking up to the ceiling with a fool smile. Her body is just so exhausted and she needs time to relax and breath.

 

Suddenly, someone knocks on her door. She eventually jumps off of her bed, despite being so tired, she went to open it and an american lady is standing in front of her by the door. She was about to ask her when she beats her.

 

"You're Seo Joohyun, aren't you?"

 

She cough at the question in English. But she eventually composed herself and replied in english, "Yes, what can I do for you?" in her korean accent, that almost fails for the lady.

 

"Here, this is your ticket for the cruise and the other envelope inside is your free coupons for your shop and dine in this hotel. I have also to remind you that you have to be on time. 30 minutes before the cruise starts, you'll be there already and checks in for your attendance. So they can assist you to your room and the things you are free to do during the cruise. If you have other questions, just call the number provided inside the envelope." The Lady said with a big friendly smile afterwards.

 

Unfortunately, being not too good in English, Seohyun didn't get it all. She's totally puzzled and looking like a fool, as she accepted the envelope.

 

"Um, did you get what I've told you?" The Lady asked, sensing the latter didn't catch it.

 

"I... I think... I did not?" Seohyun awkwardly smile, scratching the back of her head. 

 

"Alright, Let me translate it." With that, The Lady started talking in hangul.

 

Seohyun is totally agape, amazed by the Lady's skill in talking both languages. 

 

"Now, did you get it?" The Lady asks as soon as she ended the translation.

 

She laughs, feeling like a fool. "Of course. I do now. Hahaha! You're so funny, Miss! Hahahaha!!! Jjang! Hahaha!!!" she made two thumbs and at the back of her head, 'She should have tell me in my language. She just freaking embarrass me.'

 

"Well then, that's all. Enjoy your stay and the cruise, Miss Seo Joohyun." The Lady replied and left her casually.

 

Seohyun stopped laughing and composed herself. Heck, before she can return inside, she heard a familiar voice next door. It stopped her and have a peck from the next room - much to her surprised, it's the blonde girl, talking with a lady, that was wearing the same uniform as the lady who stopped by in front of her room as well. But unlike her, she's communicating pretty well with the lady.

 

Seohyun unconsciously got pissed with the blonde's English skills... but the more she listens her fluent English, she's slowly feeling some liquid streaming from her nose. She touched it and frowns to see a blood - "What the." she had a nosebleed listening to Jessica's English, for freaking unknown reason.

 

Quick, she returns to the room and quickly went to the bathroom, grabbing a tissue paper and wiped it off. She then washes it off with the water. "Aish! Why did I even thought of listening to her? When it will pissed me off." she shakes her head frustratingly, then close the door. "I think I just need some cold water." as she decided to have her shower.

 

-

 

Just as the moment she walked out her bathroom, she heard her phone ringing on top of her night stand. "Who the hell calling me right now?" Mumbles her as she drags her feet forcefully to her phone. But as soon as she picked it up, it ended, making her brows rise in confusions. "Why did Yuri called?"

 

She then received a message,that she instantly reads.

 

Yuri: If you are available, call me once. ^^

 

She scoffs at the kind of message she receives. "What does she thinks of us? Still a couple? Did she bang her head into the wall or something? She's too delusional." without thinking it twice, she deleted her number, throwing her phone on the bed in the process. "She has definitely loses her mind. Aish." she was about to walk to her closet when her phone rings again. She frustratingly picked it up, yet only to pause when she finds out it's her sister.

 

"What's up?" she sighs as she fell on her back on top of the bed. 

 

[Have you landed?]

 

'I'm sure she's going to ask me something.' She thought, knowing her sister well. "Yup. Why did you call me? If I'm not mistaken, it's still daylight there." she teased in a sarcastic tone. "And you're having an exam right now?"

 

[Don't you the word break? I'm on a break right now and you know what that means? I can do whatever I want, Unnie. Now let me ask you something, is it true that you also won a shopping free?]

 

'Here it goes.' She rolled her eyes back. "How did you know?" and she decided to play with her for the meantime. A big smile appeared in her face unconsciously.

 

[Hehe Auntie Unnie. She told me that you're luckier because there's a shopping free as well. So would be amazing if you also buy me souvenir t-shirts, shoes, necklace, dress, pants-]

 

"The last time I remember, I was the one who is here, not you." She reminded.

 

[Yah! Unnie! You still also remember I'm your sister, right?]

 

"Nope. Who are you again?" She grin so wide as she can.

 

[Unnieee!!!] Yeri's cute voice of a whine, made Seohyun cringe, but she continues to play around.

 

"I will only grant your wish if I see you here. However, you're stuck with exams there - aren't you?"

 

[Still! You freaking buy me new pair of shoes, shirts-]

 

"How about I ask you favor as well?" She cuts her off before she can tell her the same stuffs. "I will buy everything you told me if you also do my favor." She flips on her body and moves her feet up and down, like she's swimming.

 

[Huh? Unnie, I don't have time for that. You know I'm too busy out here.]

 

"Then I'm not giving-"

 

[But can I do it after exams then?]

 

Seohyun chuckles at the quick change of mind of her sister. "Okay, I will consider that."

 

[So tell me now?] Yeri's voice on the phone is anxious.

 

"How about you buy me a big stuff toy once I come back?"

 

[What?! I don't even have a lot of money! How can I buy that?]

 

"Ask Ji-Hyun Unnie for money if needed. Otherwise, I'm not including you to my Shopping. Bye dongseng, Love ya~"

 

[Unnie-]

 

Seohyun instantly ended the call and tossed her phone in the side, jumping off of the bed and quickly put on her clothes. "Later, is going to be a blast." she said, smiling victoriously.

 

 

***

 

 

Listening to a song playing from her phone, Jessica is lost in her own world, singing to it like there's no tomorrow. She wasn't even caring if she's already hitting the wrong note. All that she care is to let out her emotions to the song while she's enjoying a bathtub full of petals of roses. It's just so relaxing, which she needed after long hours of flight. She so wanted to just sleep right away, but she already did in the plane. She wouldn't like missing the hotel's special bath for her though.

 

But in the midde of her own world, the song stops as her phone rings, indicating for a phone call she's receiving. 

 

Got annoyed because she was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter