Huggie

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10 | Huggie

 

***

 

It took an hour and a half before a certain doe-eyed girl calms down and returned to her normal self. She went out of her office carrying her cousin's backpack on her back and greeted to her remaining staffs with smile and bows. She told them to lock every door before they leave before she headed out—but she stopped midway upon seeing someone outside, holding a familiar puppy in her arms. She made a couple of blinks before she realized it's her huggie and the person carrying it is the same girl who made trouble last night. "What is she doing here?" she asks, wondering she's in the restaurant in such a late time.

 

She then thought just approaching her, to confirm her curiosity but before she can do that, the young intern beats her. She came from the storage exit at the back of her the restaurant. Her brows furrows. "Does they know each other?" she unconsciously steps forward and did not open the glass door, her head hits it hard, creating a light thud, but it still got the attention of two girls outside. She quickly holds her forehead and turns on her back, as she hurriedly returns to her office.

 

"Is... that Chef?" Yeri did not see it clearly but it comes to her sense that it might be the owner of the restaurant.

 

"Chef?" Seohyun raise her brows as she looked at her sister.

 

"Our kind and handsome chef, Unnie."

 

"Handsome? Kind?" Seohyun frowns. "Just when did you start liking someone, Yeri-ah?"

 

Yeri giggles as she links her arm with her sister and guided her in walking to the bus stop. "It's my first time to attend my intern and I have to say she's handsome and kind. Kyaaa, she even put the hat chef on me, Unnie!" She got excited and squeals.

 

Seohyun stopped their walk abruptly and smack her sister's head. "Yah! Yeri-ah! It's not time for that yet! Focus in your intern! You will regret if you do!"

 

"I was just admiring someone! It doesn't mean I like her or want to date her already!" Yeri defended herself and stated as a fact. "You are jumping to conclusions so easily!" She scolded as well.

 

"Even so! That admiring will develop into something. I know that kind of feelings as well, you know!" Seohyun explained herself like an expert.

 

"Ugh! It's a different thing." Yeri rolled her eyes out of annoyance.

 

"You better stop that before it could-"

 

"She's my sunbae. What do you think of me liking someone that's out of my league? And-And... I'm so focus now with my studies. You have to stop worrying about me Unnie?"

 

"I'm not worrying! I'm just reminding you, so you will always know your priorities!" Seohyun counters back which made her sister scoff and let go and runs away.

 

"Yah! Seo Yeri! Comeback here! Aish!" Seohyun did not think twice and she runs after her younger sister despite the puppy in her arms.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona slowly steps out of the restaurant, wearing her curious stares, watching the two girls running from afar. “Are they siblings?” she chuckled, finding it adorable.

 

Suddenly her phone rings under the pocket of her suit jacket; she hastily took it and let out a scoff when she reads it’s her cousin. “Yah!” she didn’t wait a second and answer it. “You ditch me today! I thought you’re going to get your bag!”

 

[Cous, what’s your password again?]

 

She pause and blink upon hearing it. “What do you mean?”

 

[I’m outside your apartment. I can’t go back home with an ugly face. Quick, tell me your password combination!]

 

“Aish! You did some trouble again?!” she totally can imagine her cousin’s face.

 

[Just tell me! I’ll explain later!]

 

“Seriously?”

 

[You’re not going to tell me or I will burn your apartment down?]

 

Yoona chuckled sarcastically. “No way!” and remarks firmly. Without waiting for her response, she hang up and headed to her car almost immediately.

 

 

***

 

 

Yeri continues to ignore her silly sister in the bus while covering her ears. She's like a pirated cd that keeps on repeating the same thing over and over again, just to make sure she'll put it on her head always. She keeps doing the same thing until their bus stops and she put her hands down with a huge exhale of relief.

 

"Yah! Yeri! Did you listen to me or not?" Her sister asks her as soon as they set their foot outside the bus.

 

Yeri turns to face her sister with a big smile. She didn't waste her time and she told her everything what she heard from her despite covering her ears earlier. Her sister's voice is so near to her so it's impossible she can't able to hear them all, including her grades that she keeps on reminding her to maintain it until graduate.

 

"Wait - Where's the puppy in your arms?" However, she ended her little speech with her, noticing that her sister's arms are already empty.

 

Seohyun automatically looked at her two hands and then turns around and around as she searched for that little one - only then to realize something. "Huggie. I think I left her in the bus." Her eyes widened as she exclaimed.

 

"That means you forgot about her, Unnie." Chuckled Yeri.

 

"Yah! That's not to be laugh about! The puppy isn't mine! We should follow the bus!" Seohyun panics as she looked for the next bus that will come but it seems it will still take time. "Where the is the bus?" Her legs are trembling, thinking how she's in a trouble now. But she can't stop from walking back and forth while her head is also moving left to right. "Why don't we follow it now?" She runs after the bus but she eventually returns. "I don't think I can catch it on time. What are we going to do now, Yeri-ah?!!!" She whines frustratingly.

 

Yeri is taken aback watching her sister. She barely can think if she did not see an empty cab approaching fast. She quickly held it and it stops in front of them. She doesn't need to tell her to get inside as the latter just automatically jumps inside. Then she told the driver to follow the plate number of the said bus.

 

"Unnie, calm down. It's just a puppy."

 

"I can't calm down! Huggie is so precious for the owner."

 

"Who is the owner by the way?!"

 

Seohyun suddenly pause as she looked at her sister in the eyes while her mind her recalls the moment she introduced herself and the stranger also did to her. But for some unknown reason, she couldn't remember her name. "I... Don't know. But I do remember her face." She sheepishly smiled.

 

“What?” Yeri is surprised. “You took the puppy without knowing the owner’s name. Or did you stole this Unnie?” she jokes however.

 

“Yah! I did not stole this. I was ask to bring her to the puppy centre by the owner but I found out they’re not open. So I have to baby sit Huggie today. Aish! This is your fault! You are having a crush with that chef!” Seohyun can’t blame herself but her sister.

 

“What the—I never ask you to be worried about my intern.” Yeri said in incredulously. “How are you blaming me with your carelessness Unnie?” and questioned her at the same time.

 

“Even so.” Seohyun shrugs as she put her attention to the road. “We have to get the puppy asap. The owner doesn’t even know I’m taking care of her yet I forgot about it. Hopefully she won’t get mad if she learned.”

 

Yeri can’t help it and chuckle.

 

“Wae?” Seohyun sent her sister a suspicious glare.

 

“You are worrying the owner won’t get mad but you can’t even remember her name? Do you even know where is she residing? You mentioned you were drunk last night, right?” Yeri said as a matter of fact.

 

Blinking a couple of times, the older Seo let out a sigh. “Y-Yeah… I was… and… “ she trails off as she tries to remember the apartment building, but to no avail. “I can’t also remember her place!!!” she literally whines childishly. “How can I return Huggie?!!!” and wiggles her body at the same time.

 

Yeri was about to react when she noticed they’re catching up with the bus. “Omo, Unnie. That’s the bus. That’s the bus we have ride earlier.” She literally pointed outside.


“Ahjussi, let’s overtake them!” Seohyun hurriedly commanded to the cab driver. The driver did not waste time and he speeds up and easily overtakes them. Seohyun took the chance and she leans out her body through the window of the car and wave her hand. “Stop the buuuuus!!! AHJUSSI!!!” she shouted, trying to catch the attention of the bus driver. But it’s hard to do it. “STOP THE BUUUUSSSS!!! WE HAVE LEFT A PUPPY IN YOUR BUS AHJUSSIIII!!!”

 

Yeri at the other side tried to help but no use. The driver is so focus on his driver.

 

“Use this flag.” Their driver suggested a white flag that has a logo of an online game, he took from his compartment.

 

“AHJUSSSSIIII!!!” Seohyun did not stop from waving her arms however; desperate to get the attention of the bus driver, didn’t hear the cab driver.

 

Yeri took the flag instead and wave it nonstop. “AHJUSSI STOP YOUR ING BUUUS!!” cursed her, couldn’t take it any longer. It took more minutes before the driver of the bus noticed them trying to stop the bus. But instead of stopping right away, he signals the next bus stop.

 

Yeri and Seohyun returns to their seats, catching on their breath.

 

“Thanks for the flag, Ahjussi.” Said Yeri in between her breath. “We’ll just stop at the bus stop.” As she informs him in the process.

 

Seohyun put her hand on her sister’s shoulder. “Thanks.” Grateful for her help.

 

“This just means—I’m free to get any order in your café.” Yeri grinned, as it crosses her mind instantly.

 

“Of course.” And her older sister did not just think of it, as she winks to confirm she can freely get anything.

 

Shortly, they pulled over and immediately paid their ride before they went to the bus, searching for the puppy in under the seats. The bus driver are watching them through the mirror, waiting for them to leave.

 

Unfortunately—

 

“I couldn’t… find huggie.” Seohyun has another trouble to face, upon finding the puppy is nowhere to be found.

 

“Heol. You’re so dead by now, Unnie. The owner will surely be mad of you.”

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” screamed Seohyun on top of her lungs, almost shaking the bus. "HUGGGGGIEEEE WHERE ARE YOUUUU???!!!"

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona almost immediately rolled her eyes when her cousin hurriedly runs inside her apartment. "Shouldn't have agreed to this." she mumbles, following her inside after she closes and locks the door. "Yah! Clean up right away!" she yelled, reminding her cousin, as the girl is rushing to the toilet. She didn't hear any response, which made her proceed to the kitchen and opens the fridge to get a bottle of water. "Aigoo... what a tiring day." opens it up and made a couple of gulp before she returns it to where she took it.

 

As she closes the door of her fridge, she raised her brows upon seeing a post-it, that she automatically reads.

 

Thank you again for your kindness.

Don't worry, I will return the favor ^.~

 

"Oh, it's the girl from last night... and that girl happens to be Yeri's sister? Or what?" Though she saw them so close when she went out, she can't immediately conclude they're sisters, without their confirmation. Heck, she noticed the time. "Huggie supposedly be here now." she hastily went outside and headed to her room, knowing the puppy would immediately go to her room or the guest room. "Huggie? Are you home?" She calls out as she looked for her. But no one appears, causing for her to search for her at the bathroom, the closet room, storage and every underneath of the couch, bed and coffee table. But to no avail, she headed to the guest room where her cousin is using the toilet. She called out for her again but still the same result. "Why he isn't here yet?" She wonders as she takes her phone out and scrolls down the contact id of the dog centre and dials it. It took some time before the next line answered. "Mrs. Park! It's Yoona, I was wondering why Huggie isn't at home yet?"

 

[Didn't your friend told you Miss Im? The centre is under renovation. We can't take care any puppies here yet.]

 

"What... What do you mean?" She is stunned.

 

[I didn't accept any puppy today, including your Huggie. Your friend took care of it... Or didn't she?]

 

She blinks a couple of times so fast before she replied. "That girl I ask to bring huggie at the centre... She-she never gave her to you?"

 

[That exactly happened. Wait, the girl is your friend or not?]

 

Yoona was about to continue when she recalled she saw huggie and that girl outside her restaurant. She mentally scolded herself for almost forgetting it. "Araso. I'll just call my friend, Mrs. Park. Thanks for your time." She hangs up and sat down at the edge of the bed with a huge exhale. "That means, she took care of the puppy. But... Where is she now? She's supposed to return Huggie at this time of the night." Her eyes travel to the wall clock, which reads 11:30 in the evening. "Well, I hope she's taking care of her well." She smiled however, recalling how the latter is carrying her precious puppy in her arms, like her baby as well.

 

"Who is taking care of whom?" Yuri asked so loud while walking out of the toilet with a huge yawn.

 

Yoona's thoughts were interrupted and attention shifted almost immediately to her messy cousin, whose head has a Band-Aid and cheek has a little bruise. "Did someone punch you or what?" She calmly just asked.

 

Yuri jumps to the bed just to cry dramatically. "Someone bullies me, cousin!!!" And childishly moves her body abruptly.

 

"That's for being stupid." Yoona chuckles, hitting her cousin's arm who sends her grumpy face. "I was just telling the truth! Babo!" She stuck her tongue and proceeds to the bathroom, where she searched for her first aid kit.

 

"She was the one stupid! I mean, it was just a scratch of her car but she took it so big, like it broke all of her car! She's seriously a mafia, like her friend told me! Taking money from poor like me!"

 

"Poor? Who is poor?" Yoona returns with the kit. "You mean your mind is poor?" She jokes.

 

"Sheesh. You know exactly what I am talking about." Yuri rolled her eyes out of annoyance.

 

"Come closer. I'll make it worse."

 

"What?" Yuri suspiciously stared at her cousin as she moves a little away from the latter.

 

Yoona laughs. "I was just kidding. Come closer now. Or I will change my mind." She grabs her shoulder and pulled her close, making her to comply right away. She took the chance and gently rolled a cotton on the bruise. "Whoever bullies you must really be stupid indeed. Kwon Yuri should be the name that should be respected. I'm disappointed with that girl, tsk, tsk." She shakes her head.

 

"I know right?" Yuri smiled finally. Because her cousin finally saying some sense. After the humiliation she received, she finally finds someone making her feel better.

 

"Some people doesn't really know how to like you though. I mean, some are really mean."

 

Yuri sighs. "True." Couldn't help but grit her teeth.

 

"Just ignore those people."

 

Yuri however couldn't answer back, reminding herself that she agreed to be the Jung's driver. 'If only I have a choice. Wae...' she thought while pouting her lips. Suddenly, she noticed something unusual. "Yah! Where's huggie?" Which she immediately asked.

 

The mention of her precious puppy made Yoona glance to the clock. "Damn, she's not really bringing her back."

 

"Who?" Yuri quizzically asked.

 

"I forgot her name but I remember her face." Yoona said and let out a disappointing sigh. "How can I find her?"

 

"Eh? I don't... Understand."

 

"My puppy. I trusted her to a certain drank lady because I thought the puppy centre is open. Unfortunately, it's out of service as of the moment. And I don't even know when they will continue. Now this girl took huggie to take care of her. The problem is, I don't even know her and don't even have any address or number, so I can my baby." Yoona explained in a calm way, hoping her cousin is now well informed.

 

"Wow, and you are not even mad? I mean, that girl obviously is a stranger."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter