Broken

The Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01 | Broken

 

***

 

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

 

"Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love."

 

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own."

 

"And someone says, I love you more than any words can say. You have made me a complete person. You are everything to me. And I cannot think of life without you. And I love you forever."

 

"True love never have endings."

 

One girl stopped herself from typing the computer when she heard the last sentence coming from someone, who was lazily lying on top of the bed. She turned her body around and suddenly had this question in her mind. "If True Love never have endings, then what happened to you and your...Mickey?" And never ashamed of it to asks that someone very loud.

 

The person lying on the bed sits up and crossed her arms, while her brows are rising. "The last time I check, you are doing your assignment and I'm right here, helping you out with ideas about love?"

 

"Well, I just-"

 

"Are you going to continue writing down or I will leave?"

 

She gulped nervously as soon as the threat was brought. Hastily, she faces back her computer screen and, "O-Okay. Please resume, Seohyun Unnie." she stammers.

 

"I will just leave then. Be back in a while, Yeri."

 

Yeri face-palmed and sighs so loud as soon as her older sister left the room. "I shouldn't have ask her about her ex. I don't think she will even comeback." As if her words were heard, she heard the main door was opened and closed. She dropped her head to her desk with a thud.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun, who went out on her bike have been smiling, because the spring air that was brushing through her skin is making her relax and forget about the things she is stressing. Not just in her work but also to her recent breakup with someone. It's like hugging and comforting her.

 

After a while, her smile got sweeter as she's entering the aisle of cherry blossoms, where petals are dancing in the air as she's passing by. Some petals would even block her sight, but that doesn't bother her. Instead, it was another reason for her to enjoy her ride and the season of spring.

 

Just another road she turns, she immediately spotted her University. Like the flowers, students shed their gloomy, dark winter threads and trade them for bright, colorful spring shades.

 

It didn't take long and she finally arrives in her destination; Her Auntie's flower shop.

 

"Whoa, what a season to have a lot of costumers, Ji Hyun Unnie." She said without notice, walking inside with a bright smile - her auntie immediately saw.

 

"Don't you have work today?" However, Her Auntie greeted her with a question as she approached her. Her brows are rising as the latter looked at her from head to toe.

 

"It's my day off." She simply replied, taking the pot of pot of flowers from her Auntie's grasp. Then she takes her seat, in front of the counter. "Hmm, these are my favorite." she inhaled the flowers smoothly while closing her eyes. "It's like a rainbow appears after the rain." she softly added.

 

"Really? Yesterday, you also have a dayoff, aren't you?"

 

Opening her eyes back, she smiled a little to her Auntie. "I have two dayoffs now. Wednesdays and Thursdays. Oh, they have already decided the flowers they're buying." she pointed to the two costumers in the side, wiggling her brows.

 

"I'll be back. Don't go anywhere."

 

As soon as her Auntie left, Seohyun took her chance and she went out, just to see the fresh flowers at the back portion of her Auntie's shop. They're many of them, different flowers that her Auntie is selling. She took a last glance to the shop before she took the basket from the side and started to pick fresh flowers and place it on her basket. She mostly picks the pink and white, then arranges them like the way her Auntie arranges the flowers. The latter have once taught her, so it was easy and she's confident to put the three white flowers in the middle and the pink is surrounding it. Satisfied with her work, she stands, ready to comeback when she saw who was standing with her hands in her waist, wearing a poker face.

 

"You shouldn't have tell me and pick it for you. You don't have to act like a thief or something." Ji Hyun said and sighed. She knows where will her niece is going to take the flowers.

 

"Unnie, you're still dating him, right?" Seohyun however switch the topic to her Auntie when it crosses to her mind.

 

Ji Hyun frowns. "Why are you asking about that again?"

 

"Come on, Unnie. The guy's a loser."

 

"He's not. Wait, the topic isn't about me. Why are you switching it?"

 

"Unnie, he's a terrible boyfriend."

 

Ji Hyun scoffs. "And how can you say that?"

 

"I saw him last week, having all the time of his life, spending his money for cars... car toys, actually. While you're in the train station, waiting for him for like almost a day. If the station's power didn't go off, you would probably be waiting for him until the sun sets. Come on, it's obvious that he loves his car more than you."

 

"Wait... " Ji Hyun however have realized something. "He told me his mother is sick that's why he didn't make it to our date. So he was only there to buy those stupid car toys?" She angrily yelled.

 

"Uh-Huh." Seohyun nodded. "Oh, hold on a second." She put her basket down and fetch her phone from her pocket. "Here. To prove what I saw last week." and shows the photo she captured when she caught her Auntie's boyfriend. "Now, will you dump him or not?" a smirk appeared in her lips as she asked her Auntie the question.

 

Ji Hyun is speechless, except for one curse. "Sh*t."

 

***

 

Sigh. Setting the basket of flowers down, in front of her parents' tombstone, she lowered herself and sits down to the grass with another sigh, as soon as her eyes were set on the names grave to the stone. "I know you know why I here, Omma, Appa... So I'm sure you guys are scolding me. Yeah, I think I deserve such scold." chuckles her a little. But she once again sighs. "Did I made the decision right? I mean, Appa... She ask me if it was okay for me, but I told her it's okay, when it's not even okay. But what can I do though? She already decided herself. I have a lot of questions in my mind right now. Like why? After five years? I mean, she even promised that she won't ever change her heart while we are in a long distance relationship. I also told her that no matter what happens, I will wait for her until she comes back. Until when she comes back, I would never change my heart.... Also, what made her change? Why did she change? What happened to her in Italy? Besides studying, what did she do there? I am totally lost... Probably, she meets a better girl? Did she meet a prettier girl? A smarter girl? Does she hate me? But for what reason? Perhaps..." she pauses and pick one of the flowers, looking at it as she proceeds. "Because... she came back... only to tell me she already stopped loving me. I was totally shock and shook... I am totally hurting right now... I am totally broken. I am totally wreck.... It's like my heart will not be whole again.... you know that feeling?" she can't help herself and she started picking the petals one by one, while saying, "She hates me, she hates me not. She hates me, she hates me not. She hates me... she hates me not.... she ing hate me." Groaning, she throws the flower and stands up just to scream on top of her lungs. "WHY KWON YURI!!!! WAEYOOOOO!!!! WHY DID YOU ING DID THIS TO MY HEAAAART!!! YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU ING MUCH!!! WAAAAEEEEYOOOO!!! I CAN'T UNDERSTAAAAAAND! PLEASE MAKE ME ING UNDERSTAND! IN FRONT OF MY PARENTS' THOMBSTONE! EXPLAIN YOURSELF! IDIOT!" she swears a lot, couldn't hold back her frustrations inside.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

But of a sudden, she heard a voice and felt a touch on her shoulder, which made her jumps in surprise. "Who-Who are you?" she asks, blinking twice while holding her chest, that moving up and down.

 

"Um, I don't know if my parents have another child besides me and my older brother... But who are you as well in our parents' lives?" The girl asked in courtesy.

 

Seohyun doesn't know what the girl is saying. But she can sense there's something wrong. So she checks the names grave again for the second time - with her eye-glasses this time. Her eyes widened when she realized it's not her parents' tombstone. 'J-Just when did my parents change their home?' Her cheeks are automatically turning red out of embarrassment. But she doesn't want to be caught embarrassed, as she hurriedly picked up her flowers and hurriedly left, running away animatedly.

 

---

 

As the sun is setting and the weather temperature drops, Seohyun takes another round of walk in their neighborhood's park with an ice cream on her hand and constantly biting on it. Her mind not on the place - it's wandering somewhere, but she's conscious enough and will able to know when she will avoid some rocks or a kid that she passes through.

 

Until her legs got tired, she decided to take her seat to a swing, and let out another huge sigh. "My colleagues must be right, she fooled me for years. She isn't really in love with me. She just used me to wait for her. She toyed me for years to get what she wants. Aish, why am I even thinking about her right now? When that person doesn't think about me at this time. Geez, I must forget now and move on, otherwise, I'll end up having early wrinkles." shaking her head vigorously, she bite on her ice cream again and again until there's only the cone and she felt like sneezing. "A... a... acho~"

 

Suddenly, her phone rings as it also vibrates. She just throws the remaining cone to and fetch her phone out of her pocket. But to her dismay, it's someone that she shouldn't be talking to. "How dare she is calling me after what she did?" she scoffs, just looking at the screen, not planning to answer. "Yah! Kwon Yuri! I don't love you anymore! So you have no more reason to call me! And I hate you back. So back off!" but she accidentally pressed the answer button. "I hate you! Don't call me anymore! YOU IDIOT!" without her knowing it.

 

[Seohyun? Are... you mad at me?]

 

Her eyes widened when she heard a voice coming from the device. "Omo, Omo. I-I didn't mean it. I have to hang up now." she was about to end the call when she heard her voice again.

 

[Anyway, are you at home? I'm outside. Let's have a talk for a while.] And the call ended before she can even proceed to end it herself.

 

"She's... she's whaaaaat?" She didn't get it right away. But as soon as her mind understood it, she just sprinted to her Auntie's house automatically, leaving her bike behind.

 

Shortly, she arrives, but as soon as she saw her ex-girlfriend for two weeks now, standing in front of the gate, wearing a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans, with her hair being tied, she forgot everything she felt for the person, and feels like they're still together or they're still a happy couple. She immediately fixed her hair and her shirt as she slowly approached her from behind, "Y-Yuri-ah... "as she also calls for her with her softest voice ever could have. The called girl turns and greets her with a silent smile. "What are you doing out here?" asks her while smiling back. Damn, her heartbeats a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter