Chapter Eight

Different Worlds

Jervis POV:

I growled at everyone who tries to come close to her. She looked fragile as she rest her soul on that hospital bed, completely unguarded and exposed. Something I bet she would never be if she is conscious. She will always be uptight and analyse the surroundings around her, ensuring that it is safe enough. For what, I have no idea.

Standing right at the end of the bed post is none other than the dude who was labelled as her favourite. He is pressing a bag of ice pack onto the back of his head as his fixated onto the door. Never once did he permit anyone, other than me, to breath next to my tigress, let alone entering the pristine room.

I have come to known that not only is he a werewolf but also the Alpha of France. On the other hand, I am not an Alpha. Yet. That alone put me at a disadvantage. I would be weaker and slower than him.

When his fist collided with my mate's face, I was beyond furious. It was like there was this fire of rage being unleash out. I did not even think, I basically acted on instinct. Like an animal those humans claimed me to be.

I smashed his head against the concrete floor so hard that I could hear his skull break. It is indeed, a tune that pleased my ears. It took at least six men to hold me down as I thrashed myself at him. I wanted him to feel nothing but pain. After I regained my calm, I felt like a fool. I was wasting time on useless things that I did not even realise that my tigress needed medical attention.

Without further ado, I carried her on my back as I ran to the nearest hospital. She was hit by the strength of an Alpha werewolf for goodness sake, who knows what can happen to her pretty face! If she ends up having any damage, I will make sure that crack in his skull stays permanent. Heck, I will paralyse him forever using my bare hands. That deserves it.

"Stop looking at me with that murderous glare, kiddo. You can't take me." He spat, "at least not now anyway."

"Well, try me." I challenged with my wolf supporting me.

He gazed at me with his alpha eyes and I returned the same glare. Although not as powerful as his, but I refuse to submit.

I have always loved and respected Mother Goddess, especially the concept of mate. It is so beautiful that I will offer my life to protect the legacy. On the other hand, the theory of us having to respect all the Alphas are ridiculous. Sure, all the wolves would bow down and be submissive, including my own wolf. It is in their blood. But not me. I feel that if you terrorize someone using your power, it isn't true respect. That's just fear, something all of us can control. As long we have the will and determination to do it.

"Do you want a repeat of history for what happened, like say, an hour ago?" I levelled his gaze. "I would love to do that, but I got to take care of my tigress first."

Fabio's eyes softened at the mention of his friend. He hissed at me and tilt his head to another direction, patiently waiting for her to wake up. Someone who, I can tell, is very important to him.

Both of our attention were shifted towards the sound of the footsteps shuffling right outside of the door.

"Jervis, the doctor has the results. He is coming in to inform you." Zach said.

"He may come in, but he must keep a distance away from A," Fabio replied.

"Since when did your ing name become Jervis? Am I the Crown prince, or are you?" I snapped.

"Watch your tone, kiddo."

"The last time I check, you are the one who need to watch yourself since you punched your friend, a human," I shouted back.

For once, I saw remorse flashed in his eyes but it vanished in a split second. He remained silent as he stared at me, waiting for me to say something to the doctor.

"Come in, but stay right near the door so you can show yourself out immediately. once you're done."

After a few seconds, the doctor enters the room with his clipboard and white coat. I could hear his heart thumping loudly and his fingers are fumbling with the pages.

"Get your act together and speak!" I yelled which cause him to jump. I think he is too afraid of our kind as his hands clutched onto his heart and toppled over.

"What happened to him?" Fabio asked as he went over and kick the doctor, trying to see if he was conscious or not.

"Zach, get in here!" I barked.

Zach stormed right in and took a glance at the situation. He let out a frustrated sigh as he ruffled his hair, "I heard that the poor lad has an issue with his heart. He is probably having a heart attack right now."

"What? Drag him out then and get another doctor." I demanded while he obliged without any question.

The next doctor came in and notified me about my mate's condition. He said that she suffers from a slight concussion. Other than that, she is sleep deprived and lack of nutrients. Not much damage was done on her. The only thing she need is few days of quality rest and eating proper meals.

When the doctor was explaining that my tigress showed signs of emotional disorders, Fabio cursed under his breath. That got me to frown in displease.

Why does he seems like he knows about something that I am not aware of?

After a couple of hours more, Arianna woke up and the first person she looks for is not me, but Fabio instead.

"A, I am so so sorry," Fabio said in a tone so soft that I doubted it. I thought I was hearing things. He looked so broken, lost and sad. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Arianna is her mate and not mine.

"Are you feeling better?" Have you been well? Are you hungry? You looked so pale. You should eat some food. I can get you your favourite main dish, sides, drinks and even a dessert. You took multiple jobs again, didn't you? Why have you not been sleeping well? Is it because of that incident? Or is the bed too hard for your spine? I could get you a fancy one. How about your –"

"Fabio, I am fine. Can you stop being so dramatic? It was only a punch and some nutrition deficiency. I have been through worse. Stop freaking out, okay?"

He nodded meekly as he slouched back into his seat. Each time she moves a bit, his gaze would follow, gawking her like a hawk. To be honest, I have never see an Alpha looking like that.

His eyes are filled with so much love and gentleness towards a human.

"Why are you here anyways? I thought you said that you couldn't come to London because of some important family issues that you need to handle?" Arianna questioned.

"Yes, but you didn't answer my calls or messages! When I tried to call you again the other day, it was transferred to voicemail. I called the agency, asking what happened and they said that you blocked my number. So, I came." He retorted and I could hear him murmuring ' i-can't-afford-to-lose-you'

"I did not block your number. Sure, I didn't want to pick it up but I will deal with it eventually." She frowned. "Wait."

"Did you block his number?" She threw an accusing finger at me while I blinked my eyes a few times. Technically, I did not block him. I just asked one of my guards to do it for me. It's different, right? Since I did not even partake in it with my own hands.

"You bastard!" Fabio climbed over the bed, ready to swing his fist at me.

"Behave," Arianna warned while Fabio sat back down, feeling very unhappy.

"I hope she rejects you so you can have an early death," Fabio commenting, causing my wolf to growl at him.

"Rejection and death?" Arianna asked.

"It's nothing much, don't worry about it." He approached her and her hair gently. He went on and gave her a hug as he whispered into her ears, "I have missed you so much, A."

My little tigress snuggled into his embrace and let out a relieved sigh, agreeing to what he said.

She missed him, too.

"It's good to have you here." She smiled.

Buros whined at the scene in front of him as he sulked. He dislikes Fabio and his wolf alright, but he hated the fact that they are so close. It felt like they are the perfect candidate for each other. We felt like an outsider, not her life partner. We felt extra and left out. I do not know anything about her yet he knows everything. From her favourite food to her past and even her emotional disorders.

What's worse is the fact that: I hated myself because I couldn't be the one who makes her feel safe and happy.

Ignoring my presence there, they continued their conversation while I stood up and left.

I felt something that I never have before in my entire life time.

Jealousy.

***

"Can you stop being so upset about it? It's affecting my wolf and me." Zach said, feeling rather irritated with me. We have a strong bond, so much so that we can feel each other's emotions. Be it happiness, sadness or anger.

"She is cheating on me." I sulked, throwing pebble stones towards the fish in the pond. I hope they can feel my sorrows.

"That's not how you define cheating." Zach retorted.

"She is having an affair with another werewolf, an alpha even. Maybe that's why she couldn't reciprocate the feeling because she is in love with someone else. She will reject me. I think I need to plan my funeral." I pouted as I ranted towards my beta. I know I am being whiny and childish but I don't care.

I have waited almost my entire life to see my mate. When I finally sees her, I thought I could taste happiness. Clearly, it did not turn out as how I hope it will be. I don't think I have done anything wrong. Then why is it that she did not come running into my arms, like how her flower friend jumped on Zach the moment he asked her out?

"You're so dramatic, Jervis. It's not a big deal. You got yourself a love rival. Okay, so what? Get over it." He reprimanded me while I continued to throw more stones towards the fish.

"Seriously, stop feeling like it's the end of the world! You're affecting me too. I feel like I am going through a bloody heartbreak when in reality, I don't!"

"I don't get to control how my heart feels alright! It is hurting and it demanded for my attention! I am trying to pacify it too!" I yelled back at him.

"By what? Abusing the fish? Come on, stop being this childish already."

"I am not. She chose him over me and I can't do anything about it."

"Jervis, you have to understand that she is not our kind. She will not understand the bond and connection. She will not know that you're going to be her destined soul mate, alright? You have to work hard to win her back, like how a human boyfriend will." Zach explained, "The Jervis I know will not give up."

"I don't even know what to do. Unlike you, I have zero experience in this." I argued.

"Just do what you normally do best."

"Which is what?"

"Imprinting yourself into her life."

I let out a hearty laugh at what he said.

Zach never fails to make me feel better.

When we enter the living room, a foreign scent caught our attention. Almost immediately, we sprinted towards the spot to find the intruder.

"Fabio," My Father greeted with a polite tone. He is in his mid-50s but still able to keep himself in shape. That made him look like he is in his late-30s. My father is someone I once looked up to. He is handsome looking for his age but he never treated his people well. Not even his own pack.

He is cold blooded, demanding and authoritative.

Nothing fatherly like.

"Derek" Fabio greeted back with a rigid voice. "Forgive me for the intrusion. Out of respect, I came here to notify my presence in your territory. I don't know how long I will be staying, but rest assure, I would not cause any threat to your pathetic pack."


At the mention of pathetic, both Zach and I advanced towards him. On the other hand, Fabio seems unaffected as he raised an eyebrow at me, challenging me to come forward.

"Jervis, control yourself and your dog." My father commanded.

I wanted to shout "He is my beta, my best friend. Not a dog.", but I held back my tongue and did what he said. Zach nodded in understanding, assuring me that it's alright.

"Why are you trespassing? We made an agreement with your father that we will never enter each other's territory without permission." My Father asked, or rather demanded.

"I don't think I owe you any explanation except for the promise that I will not cause harm to your pack." He replied.

"Then you shall not stay in my territory. I am afraid that you might have to leave at once now. Close the door while you're your way out."

Fabio's eyes flashed into a pitch of black as he advanced towards my father. Feeling threatened, I stood in front of him as a stance of protecting the King of London. He shook his head a few times, trying to regain control. Once he made sure that he can keep his cool, he continued his speech," First of all, I am not asking for permission. I am staying here for a period of time. End of discussion."

Before he can object, Fabio cut him off "You better think twice. When my wolf lose control, I will not be responsible for any damage."

"This is my property and my land. You better show me some respect or I can hold you, hostage, right now!" My father's voice echoed through the entire living room. Zach squirmed in fear while I grimaced at the loud voice.

Seeming unaffected, Fabio smiled, "Oh, you want to play the blackmail game? I have a list of things that I can threaten you with. Let's begin with the project that you been working on in Florida?"

"What do you want, Fabio?" He gritted his teeth and asked.

"Simple, grant me an access all of your area and provide an accommodation for me, preferably something mansion-like."

"Fine, you have my word. Now, get off my property."

Fabio made a little salute at my father and left our castle without any goodbyes.

"Son," He begin.

"No, don't even think about it." I stopped him and retreat to my room with Zach.

That night, we had a boys' sleepover as we contemplate ways to capture my mate's attention. Most importantly, having her to fall in love with me. 

 

ANHello guys! My hectic semester has finally come to an end. I had my finals yesterday. It was an okay paper I guess. Now, I am in my final year of my course so I would be attending Internship next week! (: I guess I will graduate by next year March. How about you all? I hope all of you are doing fine too. If it does not disturb you, do share with me about your life or days. 

Anyways, I have updated a new chapter. Although it's a little short, but I hope you will like it. Do drop me a comment or leave a constructive feedback! If you love the chapter, please upvote and subscribe. Thank you! 

 

Till next time, 

J x