Chapter Ten

Different Worlds

Jervis POV:

I snapped my fingers and Butler Lee came within a flash.

"How's everything?" 

"All good, Crown Prince." 

"Room clean? Bedsheets new? Food all prepared?" 

"What about the air-conditioning? She dislikes warm places." 

"Yes, everything has been taken care of." 

"Good" I dismissed him off and called Mervin to come. 

 

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Mervin, the second eldest brother asked.

"Listen, do me a favour. I'm going to hold a bbq party later for my mate. She does not know about us yet. So, get the Elders, King and Queen out of her sight at all costs. I don't want them yapping at her and create any unnecessary pressure. Oh, and inform the others to not spill a bean about our species to her. Understood?" 

"Consider it done." Mervin excused himself and ran along for preparation. 

"Jer? Jervis!" Zachary yelled at the top of his lungs.

"What?" I poked my head into his walk-in wardrobe. 

"Which one looks better?" 

"The one on the right. Don't wear a fishnet top, you're not a man." I commented while he muttered a 'thankyou '. 

"Make sure the house is clean and everyone is out of trouble, especially the twins!" I said and brisk walk towards the limousine, feeling happy to fetch my mate. 

Scratch that, I am elated. 

Our relationship is progressing. 

She has become my girlfriend and now she finally gets to visit my house!

Now, I only have to ensure that status stays permanent. 

Greeted by Fabio's Butler, I was in awe with the way my mate looks at me. She was shy and insecure. Though she did not wear anything majestic like Lily, her outfit was enough for me to swoon over her. Okay, that might be a little dramatic, but she is my mate. 

She could wear a garbage bag for all I care and still be able to get a reaction out from me. Besides, she accidentally tripped and caused me to feel her. 

That contact alone was enough to create firework-like sparks.  

Definitely not going to wash my hands for weeks.

Everything is all good until Lily, the destroyer came along. She is always the freaking reason that comes between my mate and me. I was beyond annoyed with the fact that she chose to wear the stupid royal gold dress.

She was fully aware that this party was created solely for my tigress, my mate. Not her. 

Yet she chose to wear such fancy outfit. 

What is she even trying to prove here?

To outshine my mate? 

Argh, whatever it is, that Lily girl needs to take a hint that not everything is about her. 

I fidgeted throughout the whole damn ride back to my house. I did not know the proper way to behave. I have no idea how am I going to charm my way through this. Sure, I had my fair share of girl conquest, but none of it was serious. Heck, I did not even initiate any physical contact with them nor do I bring them home to meet my people. 

The only group of girls I have a "close" contact with were those who I met during my birthdays. That one sickening game which I had to put up with to not appear weak. Now that I finally meet my mate, everything is going to be different. For me, at least.

Taking a peek, I sighed in relief that everything is real. She is coming to meet her future people and family. Although it might sound creepy and all, but she is the one for me. Knowing me, I'm not someone who will wait and take it slow. I prefer things to be fast and to the point. 

As I sat down there, I waited for my tigress to show any signs of excitement. Yet, all I could see was discomfort. My eyebrows knotted together, why is she feeling so awkward? Was it something that I did? How can I make her feel better? 

I was so consumed in my own thoughts that I did not realise we have reached the place. My homeland. A place that I love and hate at the same time. 

I got out of the car first and held the door open for my tigress. I know that she is capable of opening the door herself, but I did it either way. I mean, humans like such gentleman act, right? 

Once she gets out of the car, I tried to sling my arms around her shoulders. Keyword: tried. She moved so fast I nearly thought that she possesses the speed power. I increased my own speed a little and I was greeted with the housekeepers here. They greeted her like she is the Queen of this house. Technically, she is going to be the queen of the entire werewolves, not just the empire here. 

While she weaved herself through the crowd of people, I could sense her heartbeats accelerated senselessly. She must feel super nervous and awkward. Trying to cheer her up, I made my way back to the barbecue pit and semi-threatened the chefs to get me the food I want. 

"But Crown Prince, the king demands the food to be served now..." He murmured.

"Oh, really? Tell the king to go his very own sausage then." I yelled back as I snatched the plates out of his hold. I sniffed a little, making sure it smelled tastable before proceeding my way back to my tigress.  

After getting what I came for, I literally skipped my way to the dining area. 

"Why are you so chirpy?" Zach prompted. 

"I was imagining the look on my mate when she sees this amount of good food." 

"Well, too bad for you. She left." Zach shrugged.

That caused my mood to turned from 0 - 100 real quick. 

"What the do you mean by left?!" 

"I don't know, she was not at the dining area like you said. So I figured that she left. Not like I care. I mean, at least Rose is still here." 

I throw the broccoli at Zach and the latter yelp in shock

"What?" 

"How can you do this to me? Hoes before bros you " I retorted and threw more broccolis at him. 

"Okay, okay. I'll go find her later!" I glared "Fine, I'll find her NOW." 

"That's more like it. Now, shoo." I dismissed him as he muttered profanities under his breath. 

Before I could embark on the journey to find my mate, a familiar scent halted my steps. It was one that I knew, but hated. I quickened my pace as I was dying to get that piece of out of here. Once I finally found him, my eyes zoned into the person right next to him. 

Arianna.

My mate.

In that exact moment, I wanted him handicapped for even getting so close to her. I cracked my knuckles, all ready to punch this . To my surprise, he left her even quicker than I could comprehend my following steps. 

He saluted me and smirked. 

I cornered him and opened my mouth, wanting to lash out. 

I wanted to yell at him for the things he put me through. 

I wanted to make him feel every misery, pain, and sufferings I experienced. 

But I couldn't. 

I couldn't. 

"Hello, Jervis, or should I say, Crown Prince?" He imitated a bow as he speaks. 

"Why are you here, Ethan?" That was the only words that I could form. 

"The more important question is, Who am I here for?" His eyes shone blaze gold, a colour that he always wore with pride. 

"No. Don't you dare." I advanced while the latter put his hands up, pretending to surrender.

"Woah. Calm down, little boy. We all know the extent of the damage if you let Buros take full control." Ethan smiled.

"I'll show you the real damage I can do if you ever come near to her again." I warned.

"Come on, take a chill pill will ya?"

"What did you do this time?"

"I was trying to look out for her!"

I hissed at his response. Not this bull again. 

"Oh, you suddenly found your non-existential heart and decided to be nice for once? Guess what Ethan, I don't need your hypocrisy."

"Jer, I know whatever I said is not going to do anything good. But please, you have to trust me when I said you're in danger." Ethan approached me while I put my palm out to stop him. 

"No, you don't get to do this okay? You're the one who chose this, so man the hell up and live with the consequences." 

I tried to stall him as I could hear the footsteps of the guards approaching us. I could not take him down alone. Technically, I can but that will mean losing control to my wolf. And I cannot allow that to happen today, not when my mate is close by.

"Listen, Jer. Beware of the people around you."

"Protect yourself, little brother" Ethan spoke his final words as he jumped out of the window and disappeared again. Just like every other time. 

"So, was it an assassination?" Zachary asked as he signaled the guards to get over here. 

"No, it was Ethan," I replied, causing his face to change. 

Though I am aware that Zach is confused but I was grateful for his understanding. He did not prod further as he tagged behind me closely, giving me a pat on the shoulder from time to time. 

"Crown Prince, did you manage to catch a glimpse of the direction the intruder headed?" One of the warriors, Benjamin, questioned. 

"Nope, I didn't. Close the case as trespassing and unfound." I said, leaving with no room for discussion. 

Even after all these times, I still have to clear up the mess that my big brother made. 

I went to fix myself up as I made my way to the dining hall. Once I reached the entrance, I picked up my mood and throw the bubbliest attitude that I could manage. 

Afterwards, I bypassed the crowd to reach my mate. I needed to see for myself that she is well and safe. Be it physically or mentally.

When I finally found her, I sighed in relief. She was standing at the balcony and sipping on a glass of wine. I then swirled her around and held her tight in my arms, trying to keep the space between us to a minimum. 

"Uhm... royal brat?" She whispered. 

The next sound that came out of my mouth was a shocker. I didn't know that I was capable of it. 

I broke down in tears as I sobbed onto her shirt. 

Seeing my big brother after a long time do cause a toll on me. 

After all, he was someone I used to admire, love and care with all my heart. 

She did not speak any further as she rubbed my back in circular motion. That action was enough for me to feel better. 

"Could you accompany me for the night, please?" I asked without releasing her from my hold. 

Less than ten seconds, she responded "Sure"

We stayed in each other's embrace for a little longer before we went back to my room. She sat at the crook of the bed while I marched towards the toilet and get myself cleaned up. 

As I got out of the toilet, I saw my mate rolling around my bed and let out a small moan. If I did not know any better, I'll be a little jealous of my bed, a non-living thing. 

Seeing her feeling so comfortable in my room, I let out a low chuckle which got her attention immediately. She sprung up from the bed and sat still like a statue. 

"So... guess you like the bed huh?" I teased.

All the negatives I felt just now begin to fade away, merely due to her presence. 

She smiled back sheepishly, "Yeah, kind of." 

I laughed, making a mental note to send her a the same personalised bed. 

"Are you feeling better?" She prompted. I was glad that she gave me space and did not try to ask about the cause of my sadness. 

I nodded my head, "Mhmm.. But you're not going to leave me alone, right?" 

"Well, a promise is a promise." She retaliated which assures me. 

"Want to watch Netflix and chill?" I requested while she shrugged her shoulders.  

I plopped myself next to her and picked up a romance movie. Most human girls like this genre, right? As "The Notebook" started to play on screen, I was mistaken. My mate looks bored as hell. She stretched a little and shook her head repeatedly, forcing herself to stay awake. 

Trying to save myself from the misery as well, I quickly switched to a horror movie. Most human girls are afraid of horrors, right? And again, I was wrong. She was not even interested in a tiny bit. First fifteen minutes into the "Insidious" movie, she started to yawn. 

Well, if she is not afraid, then I shall be the one who is scared. I pretended to scream loudly and covered my eyes behind my hands. When the next jump scare comes, it gave me the cue to scream even louder as I clutch onto her body. 

Yeah, that's right. My intention all along is to cuddle. I couldn't be all crying again and hug her. I did not have any tears left to do that anyways. 

As I began to shove my head into the crook of her neck, she did not complain. Instead, she lets me hug her like a koala bear. 

I guess she is trying to be extra kind today. 

Good game, well played. Buros complimented as he moaned in pleasure with the sheer contact we have with our mate. 

I took a peek at her face. Her eyes were closed, with her pouty lips apart. I sighed inwardly, is she actually falling asleep in such circumstances? 

Wow. 

Either way, I get what I wanted. So, definitely not complaining. 

I carefully place her head onto one of the pillows and hugged her close towards my chest. To my surprise, she snuggled even closer as she hugged me back. I reach for the remote control and switch off the TV quietly before I pull the blankets to cover us. 

As I leaned in for her embrace, I closed my eyes and slept. 

That was probably one of the best nights I ever had. 

The next morning, I was woken up by a loud and irritating voice. 

" off, Zach." I muttered as I hugged my mate even closer, not wanting this moment to end. 

What I receive next was a forceful shove.

As I was about to comprehend what happened, but my mate abandoned me and left the room. 

"I think you need to get your junior in check," Zach smirked, glancing towards the direction of my lower region, particularly the sensitive part that is standing tall and proud. 

"Why is she getting so angry? She agreed to this!" I rubbed my face, trying to get myself awake. 

"Well, she agreed to keep you company when you're crying and all. Not for you to take advantage of her." Zach shrugged.

"What do you mean?" 

"You kind of like grind her while you're asleep," Zach said rather slowly.

My palm collided with my face after hearing what he said. 

For the love of god, why can't you keep your hormones in check?

Argh. 

Now, it's time to get my lady back. 

"Arianna!" I called out. 

***************************

Hey, I've finally graduated with a Diploma! The next path of my life would be University and I'm going to stay in a dorm. What about you guys? Hows life so far? I hope it's been great and all!

Anyways, thank you for always waiting patiently and still willing to read my stories. I'm really grateful for all of you! (: 

Do leave a comment for any kind of feedback/thoughts.

If you like the story, subscribe, comment and vote!

Thank you (: