Chapter 2 - Men in Suits

Mafia's Best • EXO

Chapter 2 - Men in Suits

June 2015, Seoul

Luhan stared wide eyed and his mouth hung open when Kris finished his explanation.

"So. . . You wan to tell me that. . .you got into a fight. . .with some gang. . .because?"

Kris didn't even blink. "I angered them."

"And why would you do that?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Because."

Luhan sighed. Seeing he isn't getting anywhere, he stood up. Kris watched as Luhan paced around room before stopping.

"Who did you say are the men in suits from funeral?"

Kris' jaw clenched and his hands balled into fists. "Father's co-workers."

Luhan looked at his friend suspiciously. Kris isn't telling him something. He looked at his friend again and started pacing.

Think, Luhan. Think.

"What was your dad's job?"

Kris tensed a little. He wasn't expecting this kind of question. And the mention of his father made his heart clench. He stood up suddenly and grabbed Luhan by his shirt.

"Don't talk about my father." He said lowly.

"Tell me what was his job." Luhan said, his voice colder than his friend's.

"Why do you even care?"

"I'm your friend, Kris. I am simply worried."

Kris let go of Luhan and backed away. He sat on the couch and put his head in his hands. As he muttered some curse words, Luhan sat next to him and put a hand on Kris' back.

"I'm sorry," Kris muttered, his head still in hands. "I just. . . I'm so stressed now. My father. . . And now I have to make a maf -" He stopped himself.

"Make what, Kris?" Luhan pressed.

"Nothing." He said quickly.

"You've been lying to me, haven't you?"

Kris whipped his head to the left where Luhan sat. "What? No I haven -"

He shut up when Luhan gave him a pointed look. Luhan motioned towards a broken table in the middle of the living room.

"What even happened here?"

"I was mad."

"Kris," Luhan sighed. "Can you just tell me the truth."

"If I told you the truth I'd have to kill you or -" Kris stopped.

"Or what?"

"I can't do that to you. . ."

"What, Kris? What can you possibly tell me that's so important that you'd have to kill me?"

"I can't tell you! It's not that simple!"

Luhan backed away. He stared at his friend for a second before grabbing his jacked and going in the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Kris asked, standing in the doorway leading to the living room.

"Out." He slipped his sneakers on and opened the door. "Talk to me when you stop lying."

Luhan slammed the door shut and Kris kicked the wall. He took deep breaths and slowly looked around the house.

Luhan opened the door to his car and got in. Just as he was about to start it he saw someone in front of his car. He frowned. Someone knocked on the window. Luhan jumped and slowly rolled it down, frowning.

The last thing he heard was: "This is him." Before he was knocked unconscious.

Kris opened the front door as soon as the engine of the car was heard. Seeing his friend in the back seat of a black car unconscious, he ran towards his car and fumbled with the keys.

Finally finding the right one he started the car. Driving as fast as he can, he didn't notice policemen on the road.

Kris paid no mind to the deafening sound of the siren, nor the blinding light on the police car. The only thing on his mind was saving his friend from his father's ex - mafia.

He sped up and escaped the police. His palms sweated, and his lips were dry. He needs to save his friend. His brother. He saw red light in the distance. Realising it was the car he was following, he sped up even more. The car also sped up.

Kris was now angered. Driving at 190 km/h he tried his best to avoid obstacles. The red lights of the car was gone as soon as it came. He gripped the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles turned white.

Finally arriving at the destination, he got out of the car. He saw the window he broke and decided it was the best he entered trough there.

He was lucky the room was on the first floor and that the windows were low. Getting inside carefully, he looked around the room.

The dark room was empty.

He cursed himself and opened the door that led to a huge hallway. He looked around and saw a couple of doors lining it. He ran and opened each one.

Not this floor then.

He ran upstairs and heard a muffed scream. Looking around, he found the door that led to a small resting place. He kicked the door open and saw Luhan laying on the floor, tied up, with a gauze in his mouth.

Once he saw his friend, Luhan let out another muffed scream, as if warning him. Kris heard quiet creaking of the floor and immediately turned around.

He saw two men standing there. One had a pole in his hand. Luhan screamed again. The man with the pole swing and hit Kris in the stomach. Kris lat out a harsh breath and held his sides. He looked up at the men. He swing with his fist, hitting the other one in the nose.

The man fell to the floor, blood started dripping from his nose. The other man moved his head, bones cracking loudly. He swung and bit Kris in the face. Kris fell on the floor with a loud 'thud'. The man walked towards him in a fast pace. As he was about to swing again, Kris kicked him in the crotch with his leg.

The man fell to the floor, groaning in pain. Kris turned to Luhan. He untied his friend, who said, panicking:

"Who are these people? What just happened? How did you find me? How -"

Kris put a hand on Luhan's mouth and put a finger to his own lips signaling Luhan to be quiet. The two moved quietly trough the room.

Suddenly, another man stood in the doorway, holding a gun. The two gulped and Kris grabbed Luhan's arm, pulling him slowly backwards with him.

"Prepare to jump." Kris muttered.

"We'll die." Luhan muttered back.

"There's a bushes under that window. We won't die."

The man held the gun tightly in his hand and pointed it at Kris' head. Kris looked at the man's eyes and, as if pleading him, looked down at the gun. The man's expression turned into confusion.

Kris took the moment and broke the window, jumping down and pulling Luhan with him. The two landed in the bush. Kris took deep breaths as Luhan coughed. The two laid there for a second before slowly and carefully getting up and barely walking towards Kris' car.

Luhan got into the passenger's seat and took a deep breaths. "Mind explaining now?"