Chapter 3

Pick up your wounded heart

Sehun wake up feeling depressed when his brother insists to give the things that Jongin's guest belongs to. He was once awkward with the said hybrid at first and to admit it, he didn't like the attitude that it display to him once they were introduced yesterday. Who can blame him if he isn't fond of hybrids, especially when he was nearly bitten by it? 

Plus the fact that this hybrid brings trouble to him and Jongin last night wasn't even that small. Who knows what other trouble can give it to him or his hyung? 

Another question is if his hunch was right that he is his missing brother, which Baekhyun and his mom and dad was busy finding, is what would happen to him, or to them once they have reunited at once? He can felt left out for sure which on his part, he didn't want sharing his stuff or property to anyone, moreover, his family to some lost kitty who couldn't remember his own brother or family. 

But the most annoying part of it, Jongin decided to go for work and leave him alone with the said hybrid to take care on without consulting him first. Since it was an emergency, Jongin can't say no and he will be back after lunch so he need to bare for it for a moment before he agrees to it.

"I promised to be here after lunch. There was a surprised visit of compatible investors in the our business. I'll head here as soon as I can." Jongin said. 

"Alright. Just make it quick or I'll leave him here alone." Sehun huffs.

"Here are his schedules for today since he agreed to be at home than to bring him to the hybrid center for his therapy and just let him cook or do what he usually do. That'll do for he isn't a hyper one. Just help him with his bath and order some foods for lunch. The money is on the top fridge for delivery. I'll be back  before you know it. 

Remember to be kind to him since he is somewhat submissive and usually gets panic attacks for some reasons. He wouldn't even eat even he is right in front of it. He'll wait for your command or your initiative since he was trained to be like it so please be patient for him too." Kai reminded him again.

"Yeah yeah. You sound like his father.Just go on already so you can be home soon. We'll be fine." Sehun groans as he woo the other away since he was late for the appointment.

He sighs and sits on the sofa and watch some TV show instead. Since the hybrid, or his hyung probably, is still sleeping, he decided to take a look on the pendant on the wrist like collar that he have. His minds ponder the possibilities when a soft mewl was heard from his back. He can see the cat Soo, is standing there with tail slightly going up and down as he rub his face ending up a yawn. 

'How can this small hybrid be my hyung if I'm much taller and mature than him?' Sehun thinks as he assess the small male with his shirt too big to see his collar bone and a sweat pants with pororo slippers. It makes his age real younger than he was supposed to be.

"J-jongkai....left already?" Soo asked him.

"Yup. He said he needs to deal with his client early so he didn't have the heart to wake you up. Your breakfast is on the kitchen by the way so you can eat your breakfast. Feel free to ask me anything if you have question or problem.. arraso?" 

Sehun drop the formalities since he didn't want to acknowledge him as being older which the other male didn't mind and just nods before heading towards to the kitchen to grab his own food of course.


Few minutes late, someone ring the bell and Sehun look at the hybrid who looked tense from previous events before checking it. 

"Hi! You must be Sehun. I'm Chen, assistant of Dr. Lay.I'm here for the play therapy for the hybrid named Soo. Would you mind if I come in?" The cheeky bone male cat hybrid said. 

After checking the information from Jongin and Soo himself, he decided to let him in and he heard it mumbling a soft thanks before making his way to Soo's place.

"Soo!!!! How's my favorite hybrid doing?" Chen's cheshire grin welcome him for a cue hug. 

Sehun can see the small hybrid flinched at the sudden contact but there was a small smile slipping on his blushing face clearly saying that he isn't fond of skinship so he just let out a loud cough catching their attention.

"You could start the therapy session once he is done finishing his food I guess Chen-ssi?"

 Sehun becomes irritated to the cheerful vibe coming from the new comer andbsincebhr isn't fond of hybrids plus the feeling he can't explain toward the smaller hybrid. 

"Alright! No need to be jealous. Continue eating Soo- Soo! Do you want to set the therapy at your room or in the living room afterwards?"Chen asks.

"I think it's much better to be done in the living room to save time going back and forth whenever you need something plus less hassle for me since Kai hyung told me to look after Soo." Sehun answered for him.

"Okay! I'll be preparing my things then. I'll wait for you there." Chen smiles and pat him on his back before moving to the living room leaving Sehun and Soo alone.

"Is he always that cheeky and touchy at you?" Sehun clicked his tongue and look at Soo's afraid face with ears laying flat on his hair. From Sehun's perspective, he can see that he looks like a real human and not a hybrid but he dismissed it quickly when he saw the tail swish form side to side.

"N-nyai guess. Chen Chen said he likes to hug people around and told Soo to be comfortable around him." Soo look at his plate before playing with the left beans on his plate.

"Why are you even using third person words? Are you--- never mind. Just put your plate at the sink after you're done. Plus kindly change your outfit since that Chen might attack you while you do his thing." Sehun didn't see how the hybrid flinched at his words but just nods at his words.


Just when Kyungsoo  was about to change on his clothes, Sehun knocks and opened the door with his wide eye and mouth agape. He can see how the boy eyed him from head to toe since he saw him just on his boxers and he can guess that he totally did see his scars and bruises that makes him expressed a hint of disgust to his face. He suddenly fall down to the ground and cover his body with a blanket before starting to shake and cry from panic clearly making Sehun jolt from where he stands. He wants to get near the hybrid but the other screams and he didn't want to scare him more as he just stand from where he is. 

"Soo! What happened? Are you okay?" Chen immediately come to his side and tries to calm down the terrified hybrid. He hugs him and pat his back, looking towards Sehun who gestures that he didn't do anything just saw him changing on his shirt.

"I- I just wanna remind him to take a bath before changing and he was suddenly afraid of me. I didn't even mean to scare him. I promised!" Sehun swears and Chen got the idea and nods.

"I think it's better if you let me handle Soo for a while and I'll let you spare some details about it afterwards. If that is okay to you?" Chen said to the pale male who nods before leaving and closing the door behind him. 

"What was that all about?" Sehun felt scared for the first time since he didn't do anything to the hybrid and yet he was scared of him. Isn't that he should be the one who is scared since he tried to bite him yesterday? He move towards the living room and can't forget the big slashes and scars he saw on his body. Then he remembered what Kai said earlier to be patient. He will surely wait for Chen to tell him what had happened from a while ago.


From: Kai
Hey how are u doing there? Are u and Soo fine? :)

Great. Just a great timing I might say. Sehun roll his eyes I the process. 

To: Kai
Yeah. I think Soo went to a panic attack but the hybrid cat Chen said he got it covered. 

He quickly replied.

From: Kai
Really? Wat happened?

To: Kai
He panics when I enter his room and he was changing. 

From: Kai
Oh... Maybe he was shy to you or probably just shocked. Don't wori.. He just get sum panic attacks dis days. U''ll get use to it and Chen is right there to help you up. 

To: Kai
Yep... I hope so. Just hurry and get back here as soon as u can hyung. T_T

From : Kai
Yeah. I will you big baby.


When Chen arrived on the living room, he can't see where Soo is and before he answered it, Chen smiled and look at him.

"He's on his room changing his clothes. I already helped him take a bath so no need for you to help him later on." The hybrid smiled at him so Sehun just mutters a small thanks aftewards.

"He just got scared when he saw your expression earlier." Chen said again.

"Excuse me?" Sehun tilted his head and saw how the cheerful hybrid become serious within a few second of his talk.

"He knows that you saw his scars and other bruises plus the look on your face, he thought you looked disgust which triggers his memories of his previous experiences. That is why he got a panic attack." Chen seats on the floor just across where Sehun is seated.

"I-I didn't mean to--"

"Didn't mean, want or know, it's the same. You probably don't know what happened to him huh? Or worst, you don't even like hybrids at all based on how awkward you are right now with him." 

The cat's tail is swishing from left to right with his ears perked upwards. He can see Sehun's expression as being caught yet he held his default face afterwards.

"So what? Doesn't mean that I'll treat him special after knowing what he had been through." Sehun scoff at him.

"And that doesn't make you, too, judge him like how other people judges you. I know a hater when I see one. Doesn't mean that you are to perfect to see flaws on others, hybrid or not.

 Plus, don't think that hybrids aren't sensible since we can sense if there is uneasiness or change in behavior in someone around us. It surely affects us too. If you're uncomfortable with us being here, we'll just go over to his bedroom if you like." Chen stands up after putting his things on the bag.

Sehun open his mouth to argue but shuts it quickly thinking if his words. Chen might be correct but that doesn't mean that he'll change his view about them or even to Soo.

"I'm sorry. I just..... Have issues with hybrids since I'm a child. But it's okay if you both stay in the living room if you want. I know your just doing your job. What kind of job do you do actually?" Sehun decided to change the topic which Chen can feel but ignored it to have a proper conversation and a good start at him.

"Actually, I'm more on a therapy cat which I do on sidelines way back, but I become interested with Soo's case that is why I'm helping him. Poor cat, he was abused physically and ually by his owners. even starved him to some extend. You already saw how abused his body was that is why he doesn't want to let anyone see it. He totally panicked and was afraid that you would hate him for it." Sehun flinched at the info which he had learned. 

When Kai told him he was special, he now knows what kind of case he is dealing with. No doubt why Kai is so protective over this kitty.

"Does Kai knows about it?" Sehun asks.

"Yep. Dr. Lay confirms it to him and already working on finding the guy who abuses him. He definitely needed to be in jail for abusing the innocent Soo or if not, maybe I would kill him before he is sent to jail." Chen's eye slit before his ears twitch and went to his normal slit.

"Soo's already done. I just need to get him from the room since he was afraid to come back here. Please be civil to him, or whatsoever. Stress can really put him to the edge since he was triggered a while ago, if you don't mind." Chen asks sincerely to Sehun who nods in the process.


Just when Soo and Chen was back to the living room, he can see the smaller male ears a white T shirt with pororo print and a sweat pants that matches his pororo slippers. His ears are perked up and tails swishing up in the air with face looking down. Before he could greet the male, he got a text from Kai saying he wouldn't even be back before lunch or dinner since his client wants a tour and needed the whole day to assess whether to invest or not on their business, much to his dismay.

He let out a long sigh before looking at the said male.

"Kai hyung said that he wouldn't be around even until dinner since his client need his whole day for their agreement. I guess you would be stick with me for a while huh? What do you want to eat so we could order it? Same to you Chen-ssi?" Sehun asks the two hybrids.

"Just call me Chen and drop the formalities. It makes me look old for my age. I'm only 23 for Pete's sake. What do you want Soo?" Chen asks the smaller hybrid.

"N-nyai can cook if you want since  JongKai give me permission to cook in the kitchen." Soo already lifted his head offering his help to let him cook for them to save time and money. 

"O...Kay... I think you could do that, if you want. " Sehun was reluctant at first but he should let him do whatever he wants when he saw that sparkling eyes of him afterwards. 

"Alright! I would judge your cooking for that. But first, let me tie your hair since its blocking you face and I can't see your adorable face. No tie, no cooking." Chen lifts a hair band a pony for his keepsake.

"M'kay. What do you want to eat?" Soo asks the two males.


"Just any food plus with soup would do good. Do you want my help?" Sehun offers but before Soo could decide, Chen pat his back and replied.

"Of course, the more, the merrier! Let's go." Chen happily cheers.


True to his words, Sehun helps by cooking the rice, after Soo's instruction by the way, and Chen tends to be more help since he can help chops the ingredients of  his chicken stew, pork cutlets and kimbap. The doe eyes male really know how to cook and from what they can see, he also know how to make some home made ice cream using materials on the fridge. 

"You know how to make a home made ice cream?" Sehun asks him. 


"Uhuh. My friend taught me how to make one using these ingridients. We just need to mixed it all in a bowl and let it freeze afterwards." Soo put the whipped cream, condense, marshmallows, nuts and melted chocolate in the bowl with the help of the mixer. 

"Now I can taste a free rocky road ice cream. Yum yum.... Do you want to watch or read something for the mean time?" Chen asks him.

"Nyai think Soo would just watch since Soo can't read. Nyai remember my master scold Soo for learning how to read same as my father. They would best Soo hard that is why Soo didn't even try to read at all. Nyai always got caught while attempting to." Soo finsihed the kimbap and just waiting for the stew to finished boiling before he looks back to the two males again.

"Seriously? As in...You don't know how to read at all?" Sehun was quite amused on the privileges that the hybrid had lost for his life. 

"Nyai can read a few... But I cannot read long words and confusing words.... It makes Soo's head hurts." Soo touches his temple making Chen laughs at him and pat his head. 

Sehun can feel irritated again since he might be insulting his brother, or not, and he is touching him again too much for his liking.

"You're so cute! Don't get me wrong since I just found it amusing.Now let us see how much you have learned in reading in the living room." Chen urges Soo before winking at Sehun in the process.

'What the, is he mocking me?' Sehun scoff at him before following.


They continue to talk and let Soo do some readings with Chen correcting him while constantly pinching, ruffling and hugging him from time to time.

They ate their lunch together which impressed Sehun since the meal was delicious and so as the dessert. They have decided to let Soo have a cat nap and Chen do the dishes in exchange for letting him eat the wonderful meal. Sehun stayed on the kitchen to talk to Chen, apologizing his behavior earlier.

"It's okay. I'm probably used to people giving me treatments like that in the past so it doesn't affect me at all. By the way, I thought you were jealous of the skinship but don't fret since that was a part of the therapy to allow him to other contacts since she was afraid of almost anyone near him. It's just an advantage that I am a hybrid that is why it makes me easy to come near him." The hybrid reasoned out.

"By the way, are you still free up to afternoon since I forgot to tell Kai that I have a practice to attend this afternoon. Can I entrust him to you?" Sehun asks.

"Hmmm.... Okay I think. My ship in the bar would be at five pm so maybe you could return before that?" He clean his hands once he was done.

"Okay. I'll give you my number just in case you need help. Or even Kai hyung's number."  Sehun was grateful before asking." You work on a bar?" 

"Yup. As a singer with my cute boyfriend as the owner slash bartender there. Just to let you know that I'm not hitting on Soo. He might be cute but I definitely have the hots on my man." Chen winks again making Sehun blush on the sight.

"I-I'm not even crushing on him. I just... I-I" Sheun can't find the words enough for his sentences but Chen laughs it off again.

"You sneaky cat!!! I hate you." Sehun pout playfully at him.

"Well, what can I say? I'm a hybrid and a cat for sure. Just get on and be back as soon as you can. I still need to make Soo cut his hair right? Just like on his schedule." Chen asks that is replied with a nod. He waits for Sehun to go out before he snuggle close to the other hybrid. He was also welcome by letting the cute male snuggle to him closely as a chuckle left on his mouth.

"You're so gullible you know that?" Chen brushed his bangs away making the other purr in response and they take a power nap together.

 

 


It was after four  that Sehun a message from Chen that he needed to leave making him get back on the house to fetch Soo and got no choice but to let him come with him. He was also amused when he saw him cut his hair with barbers cut allowing him to see his face clearly. He can see his big doe eyes with heart shape lips and adorable face close up and clear. He can also see his resemblance to his mom which he can conclude that this was his lost brother indeed. 

Before he could speak, he got a text from his friends going to a club making his belongings with his friends and needed to be get immediately. He leaves the house and urgee  Soo to follow.

"Where is Sehun-ssi going?" Soo asks in his modulated voice.

"Actually.. I will be meeting some of my friends near here. Maybe you  can just go home on your own now since you are already big enough right?" The younger suggests to the other.

"S-soo d-doesn't even k-know which way is back." He fiddle with his hand and lower his head with ears slump at the back of his head since he was afraid to get lost if he find home by on his own.

"Of course. How could I forgot that part?." He click his tongue at the thought but since he is the only one alone with his hybrid brother, he was left with no choice but to drag him alone. 

"S-sorry..p-please don't hurt Soo!" He whimpered when he saw the angry male looked at him.

Sehun can see how the other is terrified with his annoyed tone so he clear his throat before trying to speak again since they are grabbing some attention now.

"Of course I wouldn't hit you.How about you follow me to the park since I'm meeting with my friends there?" 

Sehun could see the hesitation at first before he received a nod from the other and make their way towards the park where many people, especially children and some hybrids were playing around with the other of their own or their human owners perhaps.

He could see the wonder and nervousness surrounding the cat male and decided to give him a light tap of the shoulders as he caught its attention.

"Hey, uhm, why don't you play with the other hybrids for now since I'm just gonna be here till I see my friends. Just don't leave this area till I said you can, could you do that for me?" He tried to convince the other to be with his own kind or play with someone so he could be alone waiting for his friends.

"N-nyai don't think they would like to play with Soo." He hesitantly swing his dropped tail from side to side with his ear push back to his hair like he didn't have it at all.

"Even just for few minutes, please hyung?" This time, the younger male uses his aegyo to push his luck that also, in his surprise, work with the other since he received a small nod before looking to where the other hybrids are.

"Thanks! Do you want something before you go play with them?" Sehun asks Kyungsoo who only shake his head before coming to the other side of the playground where the other hybrid or humans were located.

Sehun on the other hand, decided to take a look on the hybrid male for a while before he pull out his cellphone. When he knew that the hybrid was busy looking at other people or preoccupied with something, he left the playground and went towards the next block where he suppose to meet his friends.

He easily spotted them and give a wave before calling them.

"What took you so long?" A brunette girl said with her hands on her waist asks.

"Sorry. I have to deal with someone first. Now where is my bag?" Sehun asks when he got close to them.

"Henry have it and they went to this new open bar so we gonna get going before someone else takes our spot in the performance. Let's go bro!" His other friend usher them to go before letting them follow him.

"Wait! I though I'm just going to get my bag? I can't just go since I need to fetch someone in the park." Sehun inquires since he need to came back for his hyung on the park.

"What? You're baby sitting or pet sitting someone?" Another male said that  caught him to tighten his lips for a moment.

"Don't worry, we will just be quick and we will be back before dark. It's just a matter of an hour and maybe you can come back soon enough before that person knew you were gone." 

And with that, Sehun just went to them before telling himself to fetch the hybrid after an hour.

 


If there is something that Kyungsoo didn't want was the feeling of lost and being left alone. 

He didn't even know when or where Sehun might gone into and worst, he didn't even know where is the way back nor how to contact Kai. He was totally clueless when it comes to his family and Kai and have no choice but to stay at the park where the other just told him to wait for him. 

At first, he was preoccupied from playing alone in the sand when the other hybrids notice him and starts to get to know him. He was kinda happy before they have notice his smell and other things then start mocking him and bullying him along with some humans joining.

There were other people trying to stop the ruckus but when a leopard hybrid, named Hyunsik and a wolf hybrid Woobin starts to get in the way, they all stop threatening the other hybrid, leaving him alone until there were no other hybrid nor people located in the playground except for the three of them. 

Hyunsik offers Kyungsoo a ride home but since he didn't know how to get home and stubbornly just make his way to the swing as he wave goodbye to them.

He sighs and look at his scrapped knee and elbow when a bulky dog hybrid pushes him to the sandy ground and make fun with him. He starts to get teary eyed once again and tried to hold back his tears but it gets pouring down. He got no choice but to curl himself into a ball while sobbing in his place.

He was startled when he heard some footsteps coming toward his position and when he look up to see those person, he was frightened when the earlier group of hybrids that was taunting him came back to stand over him.

"M-mwo? W-what d-did you want?" 

Kyungsoo tried not to stutter but failed when he heard his own voice broke.

"We just want to play with you some more kitten. Seems you look like you're lonely here." The white wolf hybrid sneers at him while the other males just made it and grab him tightly. Before he could protest, his words were cut by a hand handling him by his collar as he whimpers.

"Did I just heard this cat whimpers? You're not even a dog or a wolf so why whimper? You're such a disgrace to other hybrids." The bulky dog hybrid said to his face. He just  wish Sehun could get him quickly as he wish.

 

 

"! I totally forgot about Soo!" Sehun cursed himself when he was late for more than an hour which he was suppose to meet the other back at the playground. 

He was suppose to get back to the other before six in the afternoon but it was already seven and dark. By the time he went to the playground, he saw no hybrid or human playing on it anymore, moreover, he saw no Kyungsoo anywhere which drives him in a state of panic and guilt at the same time. He probably felt guilty for leaving him there and panic since Kai would probably be out in rage when he knew that their newly found brother is missing. 

He tried searching and asking some by stander near the playground and some person who looks like they were regular in the playground but found none of them knee where the said person was.

Sehun was on the verge of desperation as he dial a number from his phone before hearing the said cheery voice getting picked up from the phone.

"Hello Hunnie!"

"H-hello hyung." Sehun didn't know how to start but was glad when the other male continue to speak for him.


"Can you ask Kyungie some about dinner since I'm near at the restaurant? Chen just called me and say that you drop Soo on his club for a while." Kai's voice was calm and cheerful to his liking.

"I- I did?" The words come out of a question for him but the older male didn't pay too much attention on it.

"Yes. And he said he would like to keep Kyungsoo for the night since you were too busy with your practice. I would be out by 8 after some errands. I'll leave you to his care. And maybe, you can have a nice bonding time with him. You know, just to ease the awkwardness in both of you. "

"Sure hyung. Take care." The younger replied.

"Oh, and no need to worry about Soo going to the stylist since Chen  took him there. Stay safe and I'll be right back before you knew it. I'll bring some pizza and bubble tea." The line needed but not before he replied to the other line.

Sehun can't help but to feel more guilty than ever and decided to call Chen then race on to his bar soon with the bags he needed to bring thinking what excuse he would make or even how to thank the man for not spilling the beans of what had truly happened.

 

 

 

 

"What took you so long?" Chen's irritated voice greets him for the first time of seeing the male in his door. 

"Excuse me? I should be the one asking that to you when that hybrid wonder from his own from where I left him." 

Sehun felt anger boiling inside of him and huffs when he thinks that  the hybrid must do that on purpose to let Kai be mad at him. It started to creep him out feeling like the hybrid started to took anything and everything around him.

"WHAT--- what the hell are you saying?" Chen decided to lower his voice after hearing those words from the said male and considering that the hybrid male could hear them. So he pushes Sehun out and close the door so they could speak outside of his the bar.

"I said he ditch me. I told him to wait for me and he just leave me there? He was selfish and just want me to look bad and now he was--"

 A harsh slap make him look at the other side before looking back at the older male with an angry expression.

Before he could fight back, Chen grabs his collar and lifted it like he wants to punch the said boy.

"Listen!" His voice was  of authority and looks Sehun in the eye. "You left him there in the playground with no assurance of what time you would be back. I just found him in the said playground after I decided to walk around and saw him getting bullied by five stupid hybrids. And you know what he ing said after I drove the other hybrids away? He said he can't leave the place because Sehunie might get angry with him since you promise to get back as soon as you can and you call that selfish?" 

Sehun blinks and thought of the words delivered by Chen as he let him go. He can feel the other calms down and he can't help but to look down.

"He didn't even want to go back the apartment since he was not with you either and you might get scolded by Kai and you call him selfish? Why are you even so agitated on him when it was your fault making him wait for there for few hours and make the other hybrids bullied him there. You know what he say about the other hybrids not liking him and yet you just let him out of the cage to being hurt considering how much he had already hurt himself." Chen tries to knock some sense to the other and watch him slump his shoulders.

"I- I ... He was trying to get me replaced! Can't you see? First it was Kai hyung then maybe Baekhyun Hyung and now, even you stand up for him? Was was special about him anyways? Why can't he just--" 

"No one is ing trying to replace you Oh Sehun, why can't you get that to your thick skull? All he want was security and being loved that's all. Giving him love  doesn't make you feel less, it only makes you to have more. Besides, he was part of your family to begin with and don't you think he suffered long enough to get him from whatever care and family he deserve?" Kai speaks with a hand on his forehead and lay it on his hips.

"How did you---" Sehun gasps when he heard Chen's voice saying about him as a family.


"And don't you dare to continue those words before you regret it. Just go and visit him inside since he probably thinks you got angry with him and by the looks of it, you know I already contact Kai for your alibi." Chen  pushes Sehun towards the door without any words and grab the bag containing his things.

Upon entering the bar, he can see a familiar large space on it with the big stall on of alcohol and other beverages with some furniture that are expensive since he knew that the bar was actually expensive but decided to live just a simple furnitures will do. 

He saw Chen gesturing for him to enter a small private room which they both enter anyways. Then, he heard a faint laugh followed by a soft voice. He can see Soo with another cute, adorable man with no difference in height as the other talking with some chocolate drinks on the plate.

 

"S-soo hyung?" Sehun hesitantly speak making them both gasps at the sight of each other, one from relief, one from shock.

"Sehunnie! You came back for Soo!" The hybrid cheers with his cheerful face with some cut on his left cheek. It was faint but a cut is still a cut since you can see it from his pale cheeks.

"What happened to you? Who did this to you?" Sehun felt anger building inside of him. Both from whoever did that to him and anger since he knew the other was hesitant at being in the park with hybrids that he learned that didn't like him that much. But he still pushes him away just to be with his friends even he knew he must pay attention to him. 

He place a hand on the older's cheek that made him flinch as he retracts it.

"Sorry." Sehun mutters.

"Don't be sorry. It was all Soo's fault. Nyai didn't tell you the other  hybrids didn't like Soo much but, nyai met this cool hybrid which defend Soo from being bullied. But once they leave from the park,  the other tries to hit Soo until Chen Chen pushed those meanie away." The hybrid swish his tail back and forth with eyes laying down and trace the pattern of the blanket with his fingers. Too bad Sehun didn't recall that part being hinted back at the part for sure.

"Still, I'm sorry hyung. It should be me guarding and defending you to those bullies but I decided to ditch you. But still, I can't think of any excuse and  I just left you there alone when I should be letting you join me in the dance." Sehun confessed to him without knowing Chen can see the sincerity of his words but didn't know if it would work out good before the hybrid speaks to break the silence with his ears pierced down his head.

"At least you came to see Soo here again. N-nyai can go away if you want. After all, Soo is already healing well. See?" They can hear his voice cracks a little before speaking again after letting him look at his not so injured arm and feet . Thanks to his hybrid hormones his arms and sprianed leg is good to go.

" Soo's happy to see both of you well. That's all it matter now. Maybe nyai can say bye bye to JongKai too since he help Soo alot." 

He ended it with a smile but with teary eyes to look stronger than he was.

He was about to stand and place when Sehun grab his shoulder first and make him look at him again.

"N-no! Don't please! I-Im sorry if I made you feel that way hyung. I'm so sorry. Please don't go. Why are you like that? Why don't you try to defend yourself?" Sehun cries this time as he shook his shoulder on his grasp.

"Soo doesn't need to. Nyai'm just really happy to see you since Soo thought something happened to you and that's enough for Soo. Nyai don't want to feel a burden so maybe nyai should go back to where I came from. M-maybe m-master can forgive Soo and you can go back to your life or Soo can find Yiyi and Zizi to stay with them." The hybrid said with a smile when  he felt being picked to the other into a warm hug and shush him up with a soft voice.

The adorable man is hugging him into his warm embrace making Soo's ear tingle a little so as his face turns red in the process.He is now allowing the hybrid to sit on his lap as he calms him down before speaking .

"Shush you adorable cat. You know that its what we don't want you to do. Sehun here is just confused and didn't know what to do that is why he acted that way. Besides, do you really want to go and be away again? Don't you like Sehun, Chen and JongKai's presence afterall?" He caress his uninjured cheeks which he can feel that the other is leaning more to his palm with s soft purr then shake his head as an answer.

"And that's only what matters now. You didn't have to go back since no one should own you unless you want too. Same goes for what you should do from now on, let your heart decide for what you wanted and it would make you happier don't you think?" He then look at Sehun busy wiping his tears away from his face.

"And maybe, this is the perfect time for you two to get to know each other more. Give yourselves time and you can work it out. Pus, you're still drinking my beverage so don't you dare move or I will carry you to where ever you have to go if you insist since you got a sprained ankle again." He insist as he touched his nose playfully while Sehun gasp in shock.

"They sprained your leg?" Sehun took his time to see the injured foot of the hybrid making him felt a little more guilty and saw the other flinched from the him touching his ankle.

"Soo fell on the monkey bar then Hyunsik let me sit on the swing so nyai can wait you there. JongKai help Soo to feel better now before they can injure more. But Soo is great now Sehun is here." Kyungsoo assures him and let Sehun ruffle his hair until he heard his stomach rumbles hiding a blush that was creeping on his face.


"Alright Minnie, let them take a moment before you hog their time. Plus I want to let Soo hear my wonderful voice eh?" Chen winks at Soo earning a nod from him.


"Great. Let me help you as a thanks and I would appreciate it more if you let Soo  out of your lap now since you know how possessive I am to my boyfriend  right?" Chen playfully let out a claw sign making them all laugh at the moment.


"How did you know that we are brothers?" Sehun asks Chen while Soo is still busy playing with Xiumin for a while now. They are waiting for Kai to carry them home.

"Easy. I saw the paper bag with locket and saw Baekhyun's baby picture on it. Believe it or not but me and Baekhyun are close since we both attended the same university and singing major." Chen said as he sips on the glass of wine on his hand.

"I recall him looking for some lost hybrid brother and I saw you back there during graduation. So it all fits there. Especially when I decided to cut Soo's face, I can see you two are almost look alike, see?" Chen crop Soo's half face with the other face of Sehun. 

"But what bothers me is that why didn't you even give this to Soo or even say it to your brother since he come here yesterday for a drink?" Chen give Sehun the locket which he eagerly catch.

"Because--- 'coz I'm still afraid of the consequence that would happen if I let him enter our family.... " That words makes Chen's blood boil but Sehun continues.


"But after I have heard your words, I think that I will tell it to hyung after I have gain more knowledge about this hyung and conquer my fear or insecurity from them." He sighs.

"But you don't do that whenever I am here. You see, hybrids or not, we are all still person with feelings and you need to accept that. Even normal people accepts pets as their relatives or loved ones, what difference makes a hybrid do? Especially when they are half human or sometimes, more humans that the normal ones do?" 

These makes Sehun think clearly and accept the fact that Soo is indeed their missing brother. He just need the right words or timing to spill out the news and before that, he need Chen to agree on his plan for a while.

"Don't worry since I don't want to spoil the fun for you guys and for Soo. Just treat him better and be fast so he can be happy at last." Chen smiled at him after finishing his shot upon hearing his name called on the stage.


They all listened to Chen's wonderful voice and wait for Kai's return.

 

 


"I guess I would be seeing you soon since the deal has been signed Mr. Kim. Thanks for accompanying me and the hospitality." A tall man within his nearly thirties with formal black suit and brushed up hair shake hands with Kai who returned it with a smile.

"The pleasure is mine since we really need your cooperation on the next project. I hope we could talk some more if you got inquires or other matters to talk about, fell free to contact me and I'll get in touch right away." Kai happily said and tucks in his tie on his suit.

"You seem to be looking through your phone a while ago, is there someone waiting for you at home? A girlfriend or wife perhaps?" The man asks him.

"Oh... No... Sorry. I'm just a bit distracted since my hybrid is left alone at home with a friemd of mine who isn't that good with hybrids. I guess I must be hard on him." Kai sighs and smiled forcefully but he heard the other male chickens in reply.

"Is that so? It's okay since hybrids can take care on their own. I see you owned one. Did you live petting yours since I also love to pet mine if you didn't know I also have one once." The man said half lidded at him.

"It's not actually mine but I just helped him along the way. Plus, this hybrid isn't fond of skinship even he is a cat person, he doesn't act like one." Kai recalls his interaction and cute gestures left by Soo on his brain beofre asking again. "Wait, did you just said once? What happened?"


"I lost him when I went back here. It's same as yours, a cat hybrid. Poor kitty must be lost and starving. Afterall, all cats like petting and attention as I have recalled. I can't even imagine what kind of cat you have if it doesn't like skinship or petting at all. Well, gotta go since I have next appointment with other company so excuse me." The man bows again ready to leave.

"Thanks again and I hope you find your cat as soon as possible since I can see you actually miss it." Kai sympathize to the other.

"Welcome and don't worry since I'm looking for him the best that I can. Have a goodnight and just called me Zhoumi to drop the formalities Kai-ssi." Zhoumi turns around after a nod from Kai.


Upon entering his car he dialed a familiar number and asked his usual inquiry.

"Have you already found my kitty Soo? If not, you better be prepared for good punsihing." His voice darkens with that.

 


After the meal, they can see the cute hybrid yawns and rub his eyes tiredly which is mostly what other would feel since he have a lot of experience in just one day. They heard soft soft breathe and saw him peacefully sleeping while snuggling on the blanket and leaning on Sehun since he insist to get hug the other male for treating him bad. When they check the clock, it was nearly two hours before midnight and decided to call it a day. Since they are on Kai's house, he offers to let Sehun also sleep on his house since Baekhyun isn't there at their dorm.

 He guides the latter to his guest room and was surprised how Sehun commented the other having a feather like weight since he was very thin and probably needs a lot to eat and be protected from. 


Sehun decided to let Kyungsoo heal and gain more weight before he can fetch up the news that their missing brother was already found. They might freak out or Sehun's dad might call a research party to either kill the hybrids and the man who took or abused their brother at once  so they rather want to keep it low. Plus, they knew some people were probably looking for the hybrid by now.

"Uhm... Kai hyung.." Sehun said after the older male tuck his hybrid stepbrother in the bed with him since the other wouldn't let his hold on him let go.

"Hmm? " Kai hums before turning the lights off. He was surely two years older than the male but the hybrid was older than him though and treated Sehun like a brother to him.

"Thanks. I really appreciate your help to me and Soo hyung." 

"Nah... It was nothing.  Anything for you guys since you're like family to us and I thought you don't want me to keep Soo around? Wow did you just call him hyung now?" Kai smiled and make him feel secure at the same time.

"I just... regret acting like a brat to him when he means no harm at all. I look like stupid when it just struck me to my senses that I freak out over nothing and you see--" Sehun already told him what actually had happened and the other mark forgive him already.

"Sshhh.... You don't need to explain everything. I know you have your reason and the other is quite oblivious by the way you acted so no harm done. Except the part where you leave him out which I know you will make it up, eventually. So stop whining and be a better friend for him. Even I can tell you might deny him since he is a hybrid but we all have our flaws so... Yeah. His still him no matter what." He simply end the ranting of the other before he might wake up the sleeping male near him.

"Yeah... you're right I guess. But don't worry. I don't hate him"  or ashamed of being his brother, he told his brain, " and it makes me think that I also need to take care of him the right way. I didn't even knew you were this mature hyung." Sehun a little before  letting the lights off. But a shriek from Sehun stirs him and the sleeping male. Good thing that it didn't wake him up for sure.

"I forgot to review for out finals and we will be having an exam on Monday.  I forgot to tell hyung about it." Sehun gets up of the bed carefully not waking the other up and move towards to Kai.

"Just sleep here for a while since it's wednesday , just few hours and you can have all day to review by then. You can sleep either in here or on the next room if you want." He insist the other to stay.

"I guess I will just sleep on the next room since I might accidentally squish hyung. You know I roll in my sleep right?" They both chuckle before agreeing to let it call a night.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kai was awaken just 5 in the morning only to notice that he forgot to turn off his alarm clock since he didn't need to go to the studio to train some kids but still need to check their other business which his dad will be giving to him after retirement but that is after noon. 

Since he was awake already, he decided to cook for his two guests and not to sleep anymore.
He was on his way down when he heard a soft whimper followed by soft voices which lead him to where Kyungsoo is. Apparently, the hybrid was having a nightmare which he can't help but to feel the need to comfort him again from his nightmare which he did by the way.

The hybrid whimpers and sobs as he tries to plead to anyone who is hurting him on his dream or past experience that makes Kai's heart clench a little and wants to take his nightmare away from him. 

"It's okay kitten... No one's gonna hurt you know .. we got you..." He tried to let the fringe of hair on the other's forehead free his eyes making him look at the figure of the hybrid while he is sleeping. He can see that what he did didn't even assure the latter so he decided to hum a sing like a lullaby before hugging him to reassure him more.

After few minutes, he was peacefully sleeping again on the bed while not noticing the  snuggling hybrid that curls his tail over his waist. He chuckle a little and was amazed that the hybrid was a big hugger. He find it too adorable so he decided to stay some more then after an hour of creepily taking the other's delicate features, he decided it was enough. But just when he was about to lift himself up and shift his body out of the bed, he felt a stirring beside him, followed by a yawn and more snuggling. Thus time, Kai can't help but to cooed at the sight when the cat ears twitch as eyes followed to flutter open.

"Oh... Did I wake you up?" Kai caress his hair so the other can look at him appropriately. 

"Meeepp!" Kyungsoo squeak and pulls the covers up  to his nose before shaking as an answer to the other male. He was embarrassed to see Kai so close and practically hugging his waist, his face is now beet in red from how flustered he was.

"I'm gonna prepare us some breakfast. Just sleep if you want too since you need to rest more." Kai instructed him before getting out of the bed and seeing how the other curled into a ball in the  blanket that was suppose to be his new hiding spot for now.

Kai let out a suppressed laugh and shake his head when he found the other's gesture was too cute for his liking. 

 

He just finished cooking breakfast when he jolt in surprise when he hears a whine nearby and saw the hybrid near the stairs. Before he can go down the stairs, he manage to carry him down and place him in the table even the other protested.

"How are you feeling Soo?" Kai cheerfully greets him with a smile on his face.

"N-nyai'm fine.  T-thank you for treating Soo last night. And the bed feels nice." 

He replied sheepishly before shrinking on the chair, only allowing his elbows to cover half of his face and see his ears twitching in the process. Kai knew that he is easily to be flustered so he riffles his hair earning a soft purr in the process making them both stiffen in the process. 

"S-soo didn't mean to... Nyai swear." He sit straight trying to defend himself but he jist receive a cute laughter from Kai.

"Don't feel sorry. It's kinda cute actually so don't try to hide it. Besides, don't feel to shy to me since you now have a soft spot in my heart..... I mean... L-like Sehun.... Yeah... Like that." Kai ended up defending himself and worst, stuttering even if the other didn't even need his clarification but just nod at him.

"Are you hungry Soo? Do you want to eat with me?" Kai asks to him.


"C- can Soo eat with you?" Kyungsoo felt a little embarrass to eat with the kind man in front of him. He knew he cannot repay the kindness he is showing.


"Of course you can.  Come here." Kai usher Kyungsoo to sit in front of him as he hand him a plate for the other to start eating. It was then Sehun came to greet them for breakfast.

"Morning hyung! And morning to you too Kyungsoo hyung." Sehun greets them after a loud yawn before sitting near Kyungsoo. 

"M-morning Sehunie!" Kyungsoo replied shyly making the taller man chuckle slowly and ruffle his hair like the other is getting a little used to it from them.

"Can I have a milk please?" He requested making Kyungsoo's tail swish from side to side at the mention of the said treat.

"Of course. I'll just get you two boys a cup and start to eat there." Kai noticed the eagerness from the two so he decided to get them the said drink pouring enough content to their glass. He make sure he passes the glass to them carefully and eat after seeing a satisfied purr from the hybrid.

"I have spoken to Dr. Lay yesterday and said he would he glad to check on Kyungsoo at home where Chen would also like to tag along. Are you coming back to your house now or what address should I give them?" Kai asks Sehun and Kyungsoo.

"I'll be going back to our house to check on my notes. I really need to focus on our study more since tests would be coming this week. I would be probably cleaning it first but since I still have my practices before the show, I would probably end up going back home late." Sehun sighs and look at hi hyung then looks at Kai afterwards.

"I need to go to my work place since it was due my vacant leave. I can't also let Baekhyun hyung fetch you since he was busy but I manage to contact Chen and his boyfriend Xiumin would be glad to let you be with them don't you think?" Kai asks Soo.

"S-soo w-would like to stay with JongKai!" Kyungsoo shouts which  caught their attention since it ends up like a plead than a statement. 

"N-nyai mean... Soo hates being alone... So... Yeah.. that's if Soo isn't bothering Jongkai..." His ears lay flat on his head cutely with a pout. If they didn't found it adorable, and so cute, they want to make the said hybrid stay for longer hours on their care.

"Hahahah... Don't worry. As I have said, you are not a burden to me as always. Now why don't  you finish your food and maybe Sehunie or me can help you take a bath before Mr. Lay and Chen visit you here huh?" Kai tilted his head suggesting to the other that receives a nod.

 

 

After the nice food and cleaning  of dishes, Sehun decided to bid goodbye since he needed to catch up with his schooling since he was on vacation trip with his parents and there are some project and near exam to catch on leaving only Kai and Kyungsoo on the room. Kai decided to let Kyungsoo take a bath first but being a cat hybrid, the tan male decided to put some trick to him so he can get him to bath.

Once he was helping the other to take a bath, he notice some bruises caused by the other hybrids decided to heal up but still, there are some scar that makes him wonder what kind of monster did that to the poor sweet male. It looks like a whip but he didn't said it to him. 

Kyungsoo was comfortable being with Kai even if he just knew him for a while, unlike his  normal feeling to brush away the other's hand, he was definitely leaning more to his touch. He squeak when a hand touches his ear and rub on the shampoo, eventually flinching every now and then. When Kai grab his tail, he swoosh it from his hand making it whip on his face as he snatch it from him.

"N-nyai can wash it alone. A-and ears too... Then soap too... Thank you." There was an evident blush on Kyungsoo's part that makes Kai coo on his mind.

"Are you sure? But I insist and if you let me do that, maybe I'll live you a treat later on." Kai insist even he didn't know why he did that but gladly the other  took it up after muttering a soft  'gentle' which he oblige so.

The hybrid was now dressed on his white shirt with owl print, with his khaki pants that fits on his size and allow his tail to loose free. After all, they bought hybrid clothes much to his taste.

After few more minutes, the dior rings revealing a cheeky hybrid cat, Chen with Dr. Lay beside him.

"Kyungieeeeee!" Chen called the other in a playful manner when he saw him busy playing with Monggu, Kai's pet for entertainment.

"Chen Chen!!" Kyungsoo twist his body to look at him but whines when he felt his injured foot hit the side of the couch.

"Are you okay little one?" Chen's voice alarm Kai who went near him followed by the doctor.

"Soo's fine. Just twist his ankle a little, but fine." Kyungsoo assures them and proceed to lean closer to Chen's ruffling.

 It must be a cat thing but Kai can't help but to sigh in relief and be attentive to Chen's movement since he was touching the hybrid more when the examination happens and up to its end. Even in playtime, he could see the other hybrid snuggling to Kyungsoo who is very oblivious to the others intention.

He can't complain however since he can see Kyungsoo as cheerful and comfortable as he was with the other cat. Maybe it was because the other is a hybrid too but, he wasn't even sure now.

Now he can see why Sehun said Chen annoyed him a lot. Maybe he can see himself doing what Chen was also doing for Kyungsoo and the latter could also smile, sigh and be comfortable with him also. 

Soon for sure... Or even more...

Now where did that thought came from?