Two

Pick up your wounded heart

The next day, Kim brother's arrived to the nearest hybrid center, courtesy of Suho, since he said he knew someone working in there which they agree to see if Kyungsoo is healthy and okay. The said hybrid doesn't have any bandage on his head, but still have an arm cast so he still needs to heal properly since his healing process is slower than most hybrids. Kai also took all of his will power to convince him since he was scared and refuses to go alone. But after some bribery of food and to do what he wants afterwards, the hybrid cooperates after few hours.

"I didn't know you work here in a hybrid center Luhan." Kai blinks when he saw his friend in the hybrid center. Last time he check, he was working in the nearby cafe bar. 

"Oh, it just happened that this clinic was owned by my uncle. He just let me be  here for a while since he is away for now. I just come here this week to check how is the shop which I'm managing, my coffee shop, nearby." Luhan answered politely at them.

"How about you? I didn't know you have a hybrid pet now until he called me yesterday. Suho didn't even told me that he was  adorable." The said male looks at the hybrid located at the play corner who is isolated from the corner from the other hybrids.

Kai forced a smile before  taking a glance at Soo who just looks away from him at the moment of eye contact. He suddenly felt to take a look on the brochure he was holding like he was interested at the moment. Surely, he can see that he stills have a doubt on trusting him.

"Actually... He's not my pet. Not my cat either. I just happen to bump and care for him until he finds his relatives." He clarifies it.

"Oh..sorry.. I didn't mean to pry but that's sweet of you." Luhan's suddenly felt a shame when he thought that it was a pet but not the Kai minded him.

"It's okay." 

Good thing Suho volunteered to pick them up and comes with them to the center. He was truly grateful at him and now, he was even helping him. Right now, the only person whom Kyungsoo is a bit comfortable about was him since he is adjusting to Suho him which had reciprocated the awkwardness to him. Later on, he surely needs to make him open up and be close for sure.

The duo went nearer to where Kyungsoo was. They can see Kyungsoo trying to put all his weight on the big ball but failed to since he just rolls off from it. Every time he lays on it, his movements causes the ball to roll that makes him fall also with a chuckling Kai sitting relax to the mat on the ground.

"Soo! Come here please. I would like you to meet someone." 

 Kyungsoo's ears twitch and sits properly before hiding behind  Jongin when he saw another unfamiliar male beside his hyung. He surely is scared of Luhan since he didn't know him, he also doubted him for his appearance making him felt a little uncomfortable around him.

"Hi, I'm Luhan! And you are?" Luhan tried again to make conversation at him as he looks him in the eye.

"S-soo... Nyai'm...Soo.." Kyungsoo stuttered a little before shyly bows at him when he decided to take a peek at the male. Kai takes note of his name since all he knew is Soo for now.

"Omo... He looks so cute!" Luhan squeal and ruffles his hair but the latter  dug his face again to Kai's side before the other male can touch it.

A soft purr from Soo was emitted making Kai sighs at the gesture and bows an apology to Luhan.

"Actually, after this, I will bring him to the mall for hybrid clothing since he definitely needs some pair to begin with." He said to Luhan who nods at him.

A female attendant came over that caught their attention once she comes near them.

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Kim? Dr. Lay is finished with his findings and wants to talk to you guys about it." The petite female smiled to them which Kai returns with a nod.

"That's the cue. I'll just wait here since I should be in my cafe after few hours so I can treat you later for compensation for what I have said." Luhan said and insists when Kai starts to protest. In the end, Luhan wins after a promise of free lunch and join them to the nearest hybrid stall.

 

 

Inside the room was a typical room with only desk, comfy leather chair, cushion and some play corner to different hybrid's were there.It looks like more of a comfortable clinic to them upon they enter, with light blue walls below, having some cat and dog paw print in the middle then cream colored wall after that. There was an AC inside for proper room ventilation and cute mini chandelier act as a light with lava lamp at the table. In short, the ambiance was nice and comforting making the guests feel safe and sound at the moment. 

It seems like Kyungsoo also felt the same when his hold over Kai loosen and just follow him with his hand in the hem if the other's shirt for comfort. 

Dr. Zhang, a man in his mid twenties was there with a smile showing his dimples a stands to greet them with a hybrid cat on his side swinging it's orange tail in the air happy with its same color of ears perks upwards to them.

"Hello! Kyungsoo. Would you mind if you play a little bit with Chen over there? He looks like he want to play but I need to talk to your guardian of course." Dr. Zhang smiled and looks at the hybrid who nods at him.

"Great! I want to show you all my toys in that room. Come on!" Chen, the cat with Cheshire smile, grabs Kyungsoo's hand while he push him away towards the other room.

"Are you all related to the hybrid?" The doctor asks to them.

"Actually, I'm just a friend, sort of to him. Do you really need to talk to me in private?" Kai asks.

"Oh.. Uhmm.. That depends since we will be discussing some private matters related to Soo~ssi and I don't know if it is appropriate to share the details with him of course. But back when I was asking him things like how he get his scars or bruises, he kept quiet and afraid like he didn't want to tell me about it. " The doctor explained to him.

"Since Chen is here and also a hybrid, I think he would be comfortable enough to talk with him rather than with me or us.. if you only want to know  or hear what he would like to say without him noticing us of course. Would you mind it as his guardian?" The doctor asked once more.


"I also don't mind it so please and I think I also need to know this one in case he have a panic attack or self pity of course." Kai remembered his previous panic attack when he first saw him and ask two days ago. It's been four days since the hybrid is in his care with cast and bandaged off.

"Oh no, that's okay. I like it better if you would be straight forward to me. By the way, you could just call me Dr. Yixing, or Lay if you want since I want my clients to be comfortable as much as possible." The older male claims as gesturing for them to sit down.

"So.. do you want me to sugar coat the result or not? Since I know you might want me to give you the full details of his check up." He asks them.

"Just don't sugar coat it at let's talk down to business of course, please." He demands him.

"Very well." Dr. Lay sighs while he read his findings.

"According to what I assessed from him, physically, he is somehow malnourished since he mentioned that he has been out in the streets for almost two weeks. 

He got some poor eyesight by the way, even hybrid cats like him   have rare cases like this. His wounds would likely to heal faster than humans but since his immunity, his healing would be a little slower. But once his health is alright, his wounds would heal in no time. " 

Kai can somehow felt relieved from that. And the doctor continue his report.

"His wounds are somehow combination of self influenced and more of an abuse from other person from what I have seen. He has a big lash on his back caused by a sharp object that struck him too deep. As well as burnt, as well." 

With that, Kai  was shock but even he already seen his state and carefully listen with teary eyes, he didn't knew it was that worse.


" I think that his previous owner doesn't treat him well that might cause his abuse and some how he felt self pity to even try to cut himself but not deep enough to kill himself in the process. If you look closely to his left arm, there were signs of cuts are almost vague." He explains.


"According to him, he had, but someone helped him to run away from him so he could find his hyung which he can't recall who. Right now, I'm just happy that he is here somehow safe with  and not with that abusive whoever he is." The tanned male explains to him.

"Wait.. Does that means he will be brought back to his owner once he find him?" He  recognized the probability of the situation which Soo is.


"Actually, since there were signs of abuse, the center can issue some papers of legality to make the hybrid free from any signs of abusive care, especially when  trauma is evident on the hybrid. It can cancel not only the property to own a hybrid, but it can also sue the owner with proper punishment to the law. " Dr. Lay explained.

From what Kai have heard, he can feel relieved and happy to sue the hybrid's previous owner since there is already signs of abuse from his part.

"You can do that for him doc?" Kai asks the doctor again.

"That is if only his guradian, which is you now, him or brother just like what you have said would allow us of course." 

The doctor smiled when he sees a nod of agreement from Kai.

"I would like to do that of course but Soo didn't want to sincerely the is afraid." He said to the doctor.

"Okay. I'll contact you once I've made sure everything is okay. Apparently, I just knew someone who can make it more legal of course. Now, back to the topic I'm discussing..." Dr. Lay scans again his findings.

"You mean there is more?" He blinks at the doctor.

"Yes. You also want to check his some of his behavior since he might have a body of a twenty years old cat but his mental health is somehow not fitted to his age. I believed that is a result of trauma he's experienced from the past and I would like to run few more test and have him in a psychology evaluation for that. Plus, he wasn't even oriented with the ways and words that hybrids were supposed to know " 

"What do you mean by that?" Kai tilted his head in confusion.

"You know, hybrids have unique body and undergoes to heat when they are in mature state, meaning he needs to get some help during that stages that only a mate can have. But for him, he is already in adult stage but still not aware of the words 'heat', 'rut', or 'mate'. 

I guess his previous owner must have suppress his normal body process and somehow also haven't encounter or had conversations with other hybrids to educated him about these things." Dr. Lay stands up and gestures for them to follow him on the nearby wall wherein a big white board is already posted to it.

"That is why I allow my friend Chen, to make some interactions with him since I haven't much interacted with him. He seems to be a little timid I say so all throughout the talk I have in him was with or through Chen since he looks like a little comfortable with him." Dr. Lay explained to them.

"And.. you're going to draw what you have discussed?" Kai raised an eye brow with hands crossed over his chest. 

"No. The correct term is to let you see and hear what he wants to say. See for yourself then." The doctor click some button on his keychain making the white board separate, revealing a glass which you can see the person inside the next room.

 He can see the other hybrid on the next room. The hybrid Chen, was busy holding a big bear plushie while Kyungsoo is also hugging  a big penguin plushie over his chest while he rolls on the mat flooring. They can hear the sweet voice of Chen singing while the other happily swishing his tail and settling on the floor on his belly.

"I have made this room for special purposes and watching the behavior of my clients of course. We can see what they are doing but they cannot see us. All they can see is also a big mirror on the other side. I have also implanted some speaker in  secret places so I can hear any words or conversation that they want to say. Do you want to hear what  are they want to discuss about?" He asks them which he only received a nod. 

He then taps on the glass making the elder hybrid's ear twitch as he looks towards them like he can see them. He nods a little and coughs before asking the other.

"Hey Soo! I wonder how does having an owner feels like?" Chen smiles at the other.

"Mwo...? Isn't Dr. Lay is your owner?" Kyungsoo sits properly as he  adjust himself looking at the other male.

"Of course not. He is my friend that needs my help since his helpers are on a leave and the other is sick. I'm just more on of an assistant here of course. As far as I'm concern with, I'm more of a free lance hybrid." Chen grins while he wave his finger in the air. 

"So..how was the feeling actually?" Chen insisted on the other.

"I-it's fine...for Soo." The last words were a bit quiet.

"How is fine, fine? I mean, fine like 'hell yeah super fine' or 'bah..just fine..'?" He eagerly wait for the other hybrid to speak. It took a minute for the other to open his mouth again before he concentrate on the plushie in his hands.

"M'fine...like...Soo have a place to stay. Soo can cook in the kitchen which Soo super like and play around the garden... Like that. Oh, they have a big pool which Soo likes to see if... only if master allow it." The hybrid fiddle with his hands at the same time.

"I don't ask about the house, I asked about the ownership thingy, you know, have someone took care of you went you are sick or something. Or even pet you until you can fall asleep like that." Chen lays on the others lap to take a look at the other but he immediately sits up when he felt the other hybrid tighten his grip on the plushie he is holding 


"NO!! Soo hates petting... Master always pet Soo which Nyai didn't like it. Nah-uh... Not a little bit.. master would punish Soo since Soo always dislike petting him." Kyungsoo is now teary eyes and makes his eye contact on Chen with panic expression.  

"Hey, easy there. Calm down, why wouldn't you want to be petted? Hybrids always want to be petted right?" Chen soothes his back when Kyungsoo flinch at his touch and take measures on his next words or move when he emitted a hiss.

" Master likes petting Soo but Soo doesn't want it. He said Soo's bad so he hits him everywhere until he is bleeding bad." He shook his head and grab Chen's shoulders with serious expression.

"Chen shouldn't wish to have a master since he likes to be pet. Petting is a no-no. Petting means getting hurt. Don't ever wish to ask for master or petting ever again." Kyungsoo speak with seriousness who makes Chen chuckles a little since he takes note of the cuteness displayed on his sight.

"Alright, alright. I wouldn't want to ask for a master and petting if that's what you want." Chen Pat's his back for assurance.

"Good! Soo's happy for Chen-Chen." He smiled with his evident heart shaped lips making Chen blush a little.

"If that what makes you happy, it also makes me. So, what more makes you happy?" The tabby cat asks one more time.

"Ice cream!!" He squeak fast before continuing. " then cake, then sweets, then plushie, and hyung...then... then....Soo's friends... Since Soo didn't see them for again." He said.

"Oh...and JongKai too!! JongKai helped Soo a lot and likes talking with him."  Kyungsoo shyly added.

"Oh... That JongKai is also special to you too eh? How about your hyung, cab you remember something about him? Or how did you lost him?" Chen put a soft beanie chair for him to slump down.

"N-nyai... Remember being with my father once before dropping me off with some unknown man... My first master. Then went to some places, here and there, before transferred to another and another master to  my permanent one. Soo can't remember any more...  Nyai can see my hyung's cute smile and voice that always cheers Soo up." the hybrid's ears flops down near his head same as his swishing tail. 

"Don't worry. Maybe you'll remember your hyung soon. Just give it time and maybe you could  be healthy and be better. Do you like talking to people or just hybrids like me?" 

"Soo didn't like talking to other people since master always punish Soo if he talks to  other people. Nyai always stay in the room whenever other people are around the house since other people also likes to pet Soo." He explains.

Chen felt a little intrigue so he asks his gut feeling tells him. Like curiosity kills him.

"Hmmm.. What does petting Soo means, if you don't mind?" Chen raised his eyebrow at him testing if they have the same petting that he means.

"Petting Soo.... like .. they will touch anywhere and everywhere. They make their hands go everywhere even.. go down there.. which makes Soo uncomfortable." The hybrid is explain through his hand gesture.   

"Like here, and here, then pinch  here," he points a finger on his chest, near his s. "Then here to be clean, then bite Soo and even hit ---- Chen Chen, w-what's wrong?" Kyungsoo leans over the tabby hybrid who had a nice slit pupils with tail swishing  to the other. Kai and Lay could feel a huge flame inside them brewing.

"How many times did that occurs Soo? Did he ever go beyond than that?" 

Chen said irritatingly. He felt a sudden flame within him when he know that someone decided to abuse and even tainted the innocent hybrid who got no clue on what are the others are doing to him. He can also tell that somehow, the person behind the glass were also shocked and wanted to barge in and ask where the bastard is.

"Chen is so scary right now." Kyungsoo immediately put the plushie in front of his face while taking a peek on the other make that calms down when he see the troubled male.

"S-sorry... I just.. got carried away... We can just drop the subject if you want and talk anything else again, would you like that?" Chen scratch the back of his head before bowing slightly at him.

Kyungsoo nods before the latter ask if what he want to do next.

"C-can Nyai touch your ears? And tail too?" He  quickly turned the plushie down and raised his hand gesturing to touch it. 

"Of course you can. Here!" Chen chuckles as he leans over to let the other hybrid feel his ears between his fingers. He felt like purring a little and lay down over Kyungsoo's lap while the other chuckle and play with his ears.

"Say, how can you be so cute Soo?" Chen inquires the other male.

"C-cute?" The other looks at him with curiosity like he was a while ago.

"I bet if you shift, you are really that beautiful too." Chen mumbles with a soft purr.

"Shift?" Kyungsoo stop touching the ears of the other as he tilt his head.

"Turn into a real cat I mean. Can you do that." He only received a shake of the head as he explained.

"Soo's only  one fourth hybrid. Many hybrid and cat stay away from Soo since they think nyai'm defective. Even father and master told Soo that therefore nyai don't have friends. Soo even have poor eye sight and can't grow nails so nyai didn't cut it, see?" He lift his palm to let Chen (and the others from their spot) see it.

"They find Soo funny and laugh at Soo. Nyai have bad smell just like they said. Nyai didn't have friends though. Just Yiyi,Zizi back there. Can Chen be Soo's friend?" He lower his head before stop petting the other male.

"Of course you can. Listen, ignore what other people say since as far as I'm concern, you are the most precious and perfect hybrid I've ever met. Better believe me since I am an expert when it comes to appreciating beauty like you have." The other raised a perfect gesture before winking and ruffling his hair in the process.

"M'kay. Can Chen shift for Soo?" Kyungsoo asks him.

"Of course. Just don't blink your eyes." Chen sits properly before shrinking down leaving his discarded clothes. Then it reveals a cute tabby orange cat from the pile of clothes and move near him marking his scent over him like how a cat would normally do to anyone near it.

"Wow! You're beautiful!!" Kyungsoo picks up the cat and bump their noses together before hugging or babying the said cat. 

He continue to do that before conversating with him in cat language.Then, just a few minutes after, Dr. Lay and the others decided to enter the same room while they play with one another.

"Having fun Soo?" Kai asks the hybrid with a sly smile.

Kyungsoo nods for confirmation this time.

"I think it's better if you shift back now Chen. Playtime is almost over and you still have some work to do right?" Dr. Lay speak and throws a blanket over the floor which the cat went to.

"Thanks. And you should probably eat now Soo. You must be hungry right now." Chen was back in his human form with a blanket place over his body as he grabs his clothes on the floor.

"But Soo still wants to play with Chen-Chen." The hybrid pouts at them.

"You know, you can visit me here tomorrow and play again if you like since I have a day off from my work. How's that sound to you?" Chen ruffles his hair earning a nod afterwards.

"Okay. Does hyung still needs to talk to Mr. Lay?" Kyungsoo asked Kai.

"No. We are done for the moment and we need to come back tomorrow for your check up I guess. Then you will have a day with Chen afterwards." Dr. Lay explains to him as he received a yes from the other.

"Thank you for your time Lay~ssi. I hope to see you tomorrow again." Kai bows slightly at the doctor who nods afterwards.

They all wave goodbye to the doctor before meeting Luhan outside for his promised treat.

"Hi! Do you want to eat on my shop? My treat of course." He leans at the other for proper view of his face.

"I-s there an ice cream on the store?" Kyungsoo grabs the hem of Kai's shirt while peeking at Luhan.

"Yup and there are also sweets and I bet you'll love them for sure. And I also have some chocolate fountain there if you want, I can give some nice marshmallows with them." Luhan bribes the other to let him out of Kai's back and take a full view of him.

"R-really? Nyai love that!!" He mewl at the male making the other lead them towards where his cafe bar is.

Apparently, Luhan's cafe bar doesn't just caters drink but also some food and cakes for people who would like to hang out on it. The foods were served for them after few nice chat, they were out to the next hybrid male.

 

"Time for me to go to work Kai.  See you next time when you drop by at the cafe. And of course it would be much pleasure if you bring Kyungsoo too with you." Luhan cheerfully said to them.

"Maybe I will. Bye hyung!" Kai waves back with a force smile before turning back and saw the hybrid is staring at him making him stiffen for a little as he walks forward allowing the hybrid to just follow him behind.

They take a rest in the nearby park while they enjoy the scenery for few more hours than they intend to. Kai can't help to look amaze on how the hybrid is busy playing with the birds on the park by chasing them and trying to catch some whenever Kai toss some feeds for the birds. The tanned male can see he is enjoying on what he is doing before he flopped on the side slightly exhausted and chuckling a little before calming himself up.

"Uhm... Jongkai... A-are we going home yet?" Kyungsoo asked nervously to the taller male.

This causes the other to stop on his track and turn around to face the other.

"Of course not. We are going to buy you some appropriate clothes so let's go to the mall. Shall we, Soo?" Kai smiled gently at him causing the latter to blush a little.

"Uhmm... Nyai don't have any money to buy clothes and Soo can't repay you. Soo also have panic attacks when in crowded places." Kyungsoo flop his way s down feeling a little embarrass and shy to him all of a sudden.

"That's alright. I'm not asking for you to return I right away. Just pay up if you already have the money but since you are in my care, I have the responsibility to keep you company, healthy, fit and also well groomed. No problem at all." Kai gently rub his hair earning a soft mewl from Soo.

"Which reminds me. I need to get you groomed if you want to. I can see some of your hair is blocking the way of your eyes. Do you want to?" Kai leans down at him.

"Do you not like... Soo's appearance?" Kyungsoo suddenly become aware of his appearance to the other male as he brought his gaze downwards.

"Of course not. But I am quite concern of your hair since it might hinder your sight. It seems to be blocking your view but if you don't want to, then I guess let's just stay it that that way since you might be uncomfortable with it." kai saw the distress so he hopefully speak to calm down the male.

"Oh.... Then... Soo will.." Soo face him as Kai nods.

"Okay. Then let's go to home since we didn't need to be in a salon anymore." Kai urges the male when a tug prevents him to go further.

"Nyai said... Soo will go to the salon with JongKai. I-if that is what he wants to." Kyungsoo said all of a sudden making Kai smiles a little before petting his ears which he easily flinched and moves away a little before seeing Kai's cheerful smile.

"Aw Soo... Come on. You don't need to and I'll feel guilty if you just do it not of free will. But thanks since you considered it. I'm also sorry if I touched your hair all of a sudden. I didn't mean that, I'm just happy that's all." Kai place his hands back on his pocket and before the other can reply, his phone rings which he answers after apologizing to Kyungsoo.

"Hey, wassup?" Kai's cheerful voice said which Kyungsoo can't help but to feel the soft warm voice on his ears for a while.  He knows that the tanned male just saw  Chen ruffle his hair but he still can't  let the other male touch his hair, even from the inside, he know that it felt right in some way.

"Like right now? Alright. I'm gonna fetch him for you. But I'm with someone so tell him be nice to my guest. See you soon hyung." Kai let the phone off and looks at Kyungsoo before talking.

"Hey Soo! Would you mind if we fetch some friend of mine before getting home? My friend is kinda busy so he is asking if I can give his younger brother a ride." 

Kai saw a nod that they decided to go to the car and head to the mall finishing to look for the hybrid's clothes before going towards the school where they need to find a certain someone.

 

 


"We're here. Let's fetch him up, shall we?" Kai looked at the hybrid which seems to be tense and fidgeting already. 

"Do S-soo really need t-to come inside that big building over there?" Kyungsoo points to the cream tall building that is high to his liking.

"Actually, we are going to the dance studio and not inside the school so we need to be out of the car. Plus, it'll probably took longer if I was the only one who will get in and you'll be bored so I want you to come with me. " He can see some hesitation on the others eyes and he didn't want to left him in the car alone so he push his luck.

"I would be glad and appreciate it if you come with me." There was a surprised look from Kyungsoo before he drop the bomb. "Plus some ice cream afterwards would be a good dessert for tonight, right?" He heard a murmur before Kyungsoo already nods at him.

"Thanks! I really appreciate that." 

He unbuckle the hybrid's belt and leave the car first before assisting the said male afterwards. Once they were out, he can he see him flinching at the sudden looks the students are giving him. Although there are also other hybrids among the school, they can sense that Kyungsoo isn't that a normal kind of hybrid of course. Kai also heard a nasty growl from some wolf hybrid passing by them and a murmur of bad blood or something while he tug Kyungsoo closer to his side making his face hide from his shirt and hiss lowly as they walk.

Once they are inside the studio building where the dancers are, he loosen the grip on Kyungsoo who still clings on him but not thst hard just earlier on their way in. He concluded that the hybrid still doesn't accustomed to many people around looking at him.

"Sorry I made you through that. Let's go inside." 

Kai gesture him to walk through the long hallway before he can see a huge glass window and see few people, not more than 20 who are busy dancing in some step and two instructors looking an eye on them. He can see Kai smiled and wave to the tall blonde who is dancing on the side and to the male instructing them. 

By the time they went inside, Kai felt a hard squeeze on his side and saw Kyungsoo hiding again from the crowd with ears perks flat on top of his head.

"Okay. Just do the countings again before we play the music again." a tall male with similar features to Kai greets them along with his cheeky smile.

"Fancy meeting you here Kai. And what do we have here? You have a pet?" He tilted his head and Kyungsoo's eyes widen as he looked back and forth  between Kai and the male in confusion.

"Of course not. He's actually.....a.... Companion I have for a while since I'm letting him heal first. His name is Soo by the way. Soo...meet Taemin, my cousin and yes, we do have some resemblance don't you think?" Kai let go of the other completely amused of the look he is giving to them. He wasn't also sure on what to call their relationship as of now so he drop it off with a simple companion.

"Oh, Look how cute he is! Hi Soo. Nice to meet you. I'm Taemin." Taemin smiled at him.

He move his arm to meet Kyungsoo's but he was too shy, or cautious, so he just stared at it before hugging Kai again. Kai can feel something rumbling from Kyungsoo's throat so he decided to speak for him.

"Sorry. He's not use to other people yet. But he is kind and just shy. Can we get Sehun now?"  

With that, Kyungsoo's ears perks up before seeing a smile on Taemin's face.

"I still need to let them practice some routine so I guess give me five minutes before that. Why don't you and mini Soo get a chair over there and sit back before seeing them dance for a while?" Taemin suggest which he nods afterwards.

"Alright! We'll do. Come on Soo." Kyungsoo followed him of course since he didn't want to felt left out and even he cannot see it, he can feel some of the dancer already taken a look on his face so he hurry up and cling to Kai as much as possible of course.

"See that tall young man? That is Sehun, he is majoring in dance, like my cousin who coach them of course. That boy is the one we need to wait since he is my best friend's little brother. " Kai points at Sehun who is also tall and have good grooves from their practice. Good thing they are doing some countings since his poor ear can't probably handle the strong vibrations of their music.

"Alright! Nice job! Before you guys pack up, how about we let our guest here show us a dance first before we head home eh?" Taemin's smirk caught Kai's trance and starts to protest. But when he heard some cheering from the people, he got a little inspired and saw Sehun moving towards them.

"Come on Jongin hyung, besides, Taemin hyung can't let me leave early if you don't dance." Sehun joke so Kai can't help but to laugh it off. He was about to get up when he felt a tug on his shirt clearly Soo saying that he needs to stay with him as he sigh.

"I'm a little bit tired now, maybe some other time Tae? I'm still practicing on something so I can't let it slip for you guys." Kai rub his nape earning some disappointed faces and said it's okay and maybe they can see it next time. 

Good thing, the other students waved goodbye before going home leaving  only Kai, Taemin and Sehun alone for the moment.  Kai felt an awkward atmosphere so he introduced Soo first to Sehun who greeted him back. But just like what he did to Taemin, he just sink back on his shirt even more and rumbling which he can her as a muffled hissed from the other.

"Are you gonna come with us or you're gonna go home on your home?" Kai asked Taemin.

"Nah... I'm on a date with Minho. You know how caring and lovable he is right since he forgot our anniversary last week? He promised to make it up to me this afternoon so no thanks." Taemin said in return. 

"Alright. Let's get you home." Kai looked at Sehun who just mumbled something and nods at him. He followed the two males and carefully see the hybrid flinching now and then whenever people looked at him and Sehun also can't feel but intrigue since the other's face is too covered by Kai's shirt and also his bangs anf shoulder length hair of course.

Once they returned to the parking lot, Sehun speak for the first time seeing the hybrid quickly opened the back set of the car so he can enter but it was lock of course.Kai open the lock and open the back seat for Soo when Sehun moves forward.

"Aren't you having a problem on your sight because of your hair?" Sehun leans down and look carefully ro where the other's eyes is located. 

Kai can see the other male shrunk a little and didn't noticed when a low hiss was delivered from the smaller male. Kai quickly pull Sehun away before Kyungso could bite or scratch him of course.

"Are you okay Soo?" Kai wants to help the said male but he saw the slit on his eyes and bare his claws indicating something is not right at the moment.

Just like how fast he reacted on instinct, he recovered fast and saw the surprise or horrible look on Kai and Sehun, his eyes went back to its original style before looking down and immediately close the door behind the two.

"Rude." Sehun harshly said when he saw how violent and aggressive the said hybrid can be.

"He's not actually like that. Like I said, he's shy and still not use to people. Even I have a hard time getting him to open up. But he's nice I'll assure you." Kai defends but Sehun just shrug it muttering a 'whatever' as they head inside the car.

Kai can tell that the atmosphere once inside was more intense and can give him chills. Sehun and Kyungsoo is not speaking with one another and can also see that the hybrid isn't looking anywhere but on the carpet of the car pretending to sleep. Kai can easily tell he is not since his ears is frequently twitching here and there waiting attentively for something to happen. Sehun on the other side, doesn't want to speak since he was with someone he barely knew, plus, he   was offended by the hybrid's rude behavior to not let him near him or Kai himself.

"So... My brother is right when he told me you've got a stray cat on your house." Sehun breaks the silence which Kai didn't know if he intentionally let the hybrid hears it, or just thinking that the other is already asleep.

"He isn't a stray. He has... Had an owner but...his life went  complicated and now I'm the one who is helping him for the mean time." Kai is busy filtering his words since he knew Kyungsoo is still listening.

"It's the same. Didn't you even see how aggressive he can be when he nearly bites you? Think of the rabies or complications he can give you. Do you even know him well to keep him in?" Sehun pushed the subject more to his distaste.

"Actually, I was about to get him more since we just met few days from now. It was my fault for hurting him in the first place and I'll just check up on him about those details later on." Yeah, Kai definitely thinks he should for instances.

"Hyung! How can you be so comfortable with an unknown person in your house? He can rob you or murder you or take advantage of your kindness?" Sehun being a brat himself complains more making Kai chuckle at him.

"I'm concern about your well being and your just laughing? Unbelievable!" The younger male pouts and look on the other with his glare pass to the sleeping hybrid.

" Sorry. It's just that Baekhyun also told me the same thing so you can just ask him about my answer of course." Kai tries to calm down and make a turn on the next road. 

"I thought we are going to go home?" Sehun asks the older male.

"Yeah but I still need to let you and Soo eat something before we head back." Kai can felt his stomach grumble since he had a hard time shopping so he couldn't help but to let him relax a little more and Sehun needs some more energy of course.

"Finally, a mention of good food." 

Sehun's mood went up and get better with some music tuned for him to sway or move.

They got more engage to talking when Kai asks how was the other male doing after visiting his parents from China and heard that they are doing good and would be flying soon next to Seoul after few more days.

Kai went on his favorite restaurant and let them eat with casual talking from Sehun and Kai. He can see the hybrid is getting uncomfortable by the minute and always fidgeting before excusing himself to go to the rest room.

"He sure has an attitude for a free lance." Sehun scoffs and takes a bite  on his food.

"As I have said, he isn't still used to people so please be gentle on him." Kai reminded him again.

"I get that but that isn't the right attitude to someone you've just met and take note, he just snarl and tried to bite you hyung. Can't you understand that?" Sehun said.

"Alright." Kai put the fork down and look at Sehun who tilt his head towards him. " I know your just worried for me and my safety."

"Note taken." Sehun bat an eyelash.

"But as you can see, he needs my attention for now and I felt responsible for his wounds so I let him stay on my house and keep an eye on him like I should.


I know I should have given him to  a shelter or hospital, but the thing is I can't." Kai said with gaze anywhere but Sehun.

Sehun just raised an eyebrow at him.

"He doesn't have a home before I found him. He was-- there was signs of abuse on him making him very wary and cautious to things around him that is why he acted on instinct a while ago. He just didn't have time to apologize, that's all. Plus, I promised to find his hyung since that is what he is doing before I hit him."

Sehun's mouth gape and think that maybe his friend got hit instead ti make him go nuts.

"You did that? Why do you want to go to that extend? He is just someone you knew and he is just nobody. You even promised my hyung to find his.. our brother and yet you are promising his too? Aren't you that full of yourself right now? You didn't even see how Baekkie got disappointed whenever he returns with no leads and false hope. So why hyung?" Sehun clench his fist and stomp it on the table. 

Kai felt a little guilty when he knew how Baekhyun sulk for his attempt on looking on his lost brother and yet he also promised to help the poor hybrid.

"Why? Because he is a stray? You like him as a pet or you felt pity for him?" Sehun corrects him.

"No. I just want to help him like the way I want to help Baekhyun and you. We just left some few leads but we are right head on last time. So don't misunderstood what I do and the need to have a reason to help as well." 

The latter just answered that despite how he felt the question really intriguing to him. Good thing is that Sehun felt his awkwardness and know he shouldn't have mention his lost brother so he stop the conversation by a soft sorry.

"It's nothing. I know I shouldn't have pick him up and let him come to my house, but my instinct tells me I am doing the right thing so please just let me do it. I must find Soo since he is already in the bathroom for too long. Excuse me." Kai excuses himself before standing and went to the place where Soo went. 

Sehun was eft to pounder on what Kai had said and left to finish his meal soon of course.


"Soo..." Kai softly said in the bathroom and saw no one occupying the bathroom. He decided to check the stall and  see if the said male is there.

"Soo, are you still here?"  He was left surprised and shock when he saw no sign of the cute small hybrid on the stall either and decided to head out. 

'Maybe he returned already.' Kai went back to their table but only saw Sehun eating quietly before he looked at him.

"Look, I'm sorry if--"

"Have you seen Soo? Have you noticed him getting out if the stall or even head out?" Kai hopes for a positive answer but all he get was a short shrug.

"Maybe he is still in the stall?" Sehun said.

"I've check it long enough and he's not there." Kai brush his hand over his hair and think.

"Maybe got tired, went out or home already." 

"He doesn't have a home, nor happen to know where my home was." Kai is in a panic mode right now so he check on the first waiter that walks pass them.

"Excuse me.. have you seen a small black cat hybrid this tall and have black long hair getting out of the bathroom or place at all?" Kai was aching for answer when it took back a couple of seconds when the blonde tall waiter answered him.

"Oh! You mean the cute black cat hybrid with doe eyes? Yeah, I've seen him a while ago." He answered cheerfully.

"Where?Where did he go?" Kai shake the waiter while Sehun tells him to calm down.

"He was in the bathroom a while ago and saw him talking, or someone was talking to him in a black long sleeve shirt. They've got into some argument but when I decided to help them, the man said he just got a problem with his pet so he just said he can do it on his own." 

"He said what? How long? Where is he now?" The waiter flinch at the loud voice but answers.

"J-just ten minutes ago and I swear he run off to the back door when the man followed him."

"Kai wait!" Sehun shouts and looked at the confused waiter. "Sorry about that, and thanks!" 

He didn't wait for the reply as he follows Kai on the back door himself.

"Kai! Wait up!" Sehun shouts but the male just run and ignores him. 

When they stop on the nearby ally, they can saw few people walking across the road. There are some alleys and paths but Kai decided to shout making  people looking at him.

"Soo! Soo! Where are you?" Kai shouts like a mad man. How can Kai forget that someone is looking for him? He's so careless of the situation and what if Soo got bullied or returned to his abusive master? 

"I heard some screaming." Sehun's word brought his thoughts back.

"Where?" Kai asks and Sehun lead the way. 

They found a vacant block with two males crouching form the ground and trying to pin or caught someone down when one male decided to kick their prey hard on the stomach They both gasp when they saw a familiar black tail and jacket that Soo has been wearing for the day as it stays on the ground completely.

"Just who the hell you think you are for getting away from our master you ?"
 One man kicked again making the cat lay on his stomach with his injured hand, and face was being secured by a foot to prevent him from looking up of course.

"Come on, let's just pick him up before someone could notice us."  The other male speak making Kai and Sehun panic.

 Before Kai could  move forward and injured the two males, Sehun grabs him and cover his mouth so they wouldn't go noticed by the two males. It was then a motorcycle stop in front of the scene with a tall man wearing black jacket and a red helmet same with his companion who wears a black helmet at the back appears.

The male with the black helmet went down the motor cycle which makes the two male become aware of the surrounding. Before they could react, he kick the two male away from the cat and the other male starts to move move towards the trembling cat.

"Soo!" Kai manage to shout and break away from Sehun. He go straight to the cat who is now thrashing from the other male.

"No! L-leave Soo alone!" Kyungsoo struggle and tried to scratch the male but his nails aren't that sharp enough to injured him and still weak from the beating so he bite the male down earning a yelp causing him to stumble  down when the other let him go accidentally.

"They've got guns!" Sehun shouts and saw the two males who are figthing the male with the black helmet fell some gun on their hold.

With that, they two helmet guy looked at them making Sehun flinched but just in time for Kai to  kick the man trying to steal Soo away from the hybrid.

"N-no!! Leave Soo alone! Stay away!!" Kyungsoo cries and tried to escape.
 
Kai quickly hug the male even he is trashing and trying to scratch him now and then.

"Ssshh Soo... It's me... It's Kai.. I'm gonna let you out of this place." Kai help him up even when he felt the other stiffen for a moment and continue to sob with labored breath.

 "That's right, breathe in and out kitten. I'm here, I'm not gonna let them get you. Calm down little one." Kai calmly said but his gaze is still on the tall man wearing a red helmet just to move forward to them. 

Sehun, who thinks that Kai definitely need some help, lunge forward to male with a black helmet but the other was quick dodging and quickly pinning him to the ground with a hand on his back.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch! That hurts mister!" Sehun frown in pain when he was shoved from the ground and saw the taller man pulled out the gun with a silencer.

"Oh boy. Please don't--" Sehun pleads  when it points towards Kai and Kyungsoo but when he clicked it, two males from Kai's back fell down making him startle and grab Soo close enough to not let him see the thing. He check on the said hybrid, it widen its eyes before he went limp on his hold.

"Soo! Soo! Are you alright?" Kai shake the other male and saw he isn't moving. When the tall man approached him. 

Sehun just grab the male trying to prevent him from coming to them but the other was really strong and they've heard a snap before looking to the red helmet guy cracking the neck of the two male who drop dead on the spot.

"Why do you want this poor hybrid? Just leave him alone please." Kai warn and plead at the same time since the other male still got some gun after all.

The two male talk in some language Kai didn't know with Sehun moves quickly to help Kai on the hybrid.

"They're speaking Chinese hyung." Sehun clarifies it to him which makes him more suspicious before the two males look at them.

"Who are you guys to him?what are your relationship to the hybrid?" The man with the black helmet asks with deep voice.

Kai analyze the situation and seems that the two male would be killing them if they wouldn't provide some answers to them.

"If you're gonna kill us because of the hybrid, just take him already.We aren't even related to him." Sehun speaks as Kai reprimands him.

"Then, why are you here protecting the hybrid? Don't you know what trouble can you get if you continue to keep him?" The looks down to the hybrid while Kai hugs him more.

"I'm his guardian for now and I promise to help him find his brother so just move around and don't ever come back." Kai threatens to two even he know the two males are in charge for now.

"How can you help him if you didn't even know him or he didn't even know who his brothers are. You should just give him to us since you can't even protect someone as him. Just let the big boys do their stuff and you live your life alone." The red helmet Kai come closer to grab Soo when Kai take a hold of it preventing to let the hand touch the hybrid.

"If you're going to get him back on that master he called, I can't bring him back to you. Plus, you already said it yourself, you could protect him but I know he would get into more trouble if he is with you than me. I have a lawyer and a prosecutor that can get you sued and into the jail along with your so called bastard master anyways." Kai felt his blood boiling when he recalls what the other male said about his master of course.

"Let's see how long you can keep your word. I'll give you only  ten days to keep him secure. He's a special cat and I know you already see that. We would fetch him after which we are sad to say to you that he would be coming with us willingly than you could protect him. Plus, don't let him go to public places, especially the fancy ones since his previous owner is a very rich and talented person. Once he knew you had his cat, he would drag you down and kills you for sure." The male with black helmet said.

He speak something to red hair helmet guy before grabbing something from the his jacket and throws it towards Sehun.

"A little gift for him. Take care of him well, and if not, it would be your body dropping here to the ground. Now leave before his other companion got you. Help them Didi as I dispose of the thrash." The black helmet guys said.

"Thank you but we can do this alone." Kai insist.

"Not if we insist. Just shut up." The red one picks Soo up with much cautious before leading them out of the scene and into the parking lot where Kai held his car.

"Take care of him. He's a nice and sweet hybrid once he opens up for you." The guy said.

"I will and I would." Kai firmly said when they put Soo on the back seat. Sehun decided to accompany him as his pillow when Kai shut the door so he could move to the driver's seat.

"In case you want him to speak openly to you, you should allow him to watch Pororo or even buy him some stuff toy and allow him to play with a dog. He loves dog even he is a cat." The other said to him.

"Thanks. I would take note of that. Can I ask who are you to him?" Kai asks warily.

"Just someone who cares when he experienced a lot of hell. Keep him safe and don't let us take him away. I'll secretly visit you on the someday. Goodbye." He take a look on the hybrid again before leaving .

"Wait. How could you know where we are?" Kai asks.

"I'll find a way. Good luck." He moves a way from the scene.

"Now what?" Sehun huffs when Kai enters the car to drive again.

"I guess we'll be heading home then. I'm sorry you got involved. I swear it wouldn't happen not when you are around." Kai fake laugh which he knew he can't promise of course.

"You know, you gotta stop promising. It might got you killed, or worst, sued you for." Sehun looks at him before they both chuckle at the moment. 

"You really gonna help this kitty here huh? What is so interesting on him by the way?" Sehun can feel the kitty trembling from his sleep so he decided to pet his hair and ears effectively calming him down and went to sleep again.

"As I have said, he's kind and still looking for his brother like yours and I already told you some of it of course." Kai reminded him again and focus on the road. 

"Just... Just be careful of him and keep yourself safe also." Sehun sighs and looks to his friend. Kai might be a two years older than him but still, he adores the man and feel like he is his older brother for sure. He just want to keep him safe and what they've experience a while ago is definitely a kind of risky for him.

"Yeah. Noted." Kai just said.

Sehun chuckles and take a look on the sleeping hybrid again. He takes a look on his face with bangs brushed aside. He can see that the hybrid has an angelic face and somehow with a soft delicate. He can also see how his snow like complexion compkiments his hair with his ears and tail.

"You know, he's kinda cute for a hybrid and I think if he is properly groomed. No wonder you like to keep him." Sehun couldn't help but to compliment the small ones feature as he continues.

"I'm sorry for the things I have said since I didn't know anything about him first so I doubt him. But still, it didn't change the fact that he can still be a threat to your life. I better check on my dad to see if I can get you some protection." He proposed.

"Thanks but no. It would probably be risky for you so I'd rather not. But I'll just contact you or your father in case something happens." The tanned male smiled.

 

They got home before eight in the evening and with the help of Sehun, they manage to put the hybrid on his bed. The other male with white complexion can feel how light the hybrid was thinking he weighs too light for an adult hybrid.Just when they are about to leave, the hybrid stirs and twitch his ears and clutch to the bed, dipping more on the bed. Then, he jolts up with a scream and saw the two males on the doorway. 

"J...jongKai.... They've found Soo... They'll gonna kill Soo..help Soo." The hybrid suddenly burst out without leaving the bed but helding out his hand reaching for Kai like his life depends on him.

"Ssshh... It's okay kitten, we're home. We are already home and you're safe here. Nothing's gonna hurt you or get you here. Stop crying Soo. You'll be okay." Kai rub circles on his back calming the hybrid who keeps sobbing while he clutch on his shirt and burrowing his face to his chest more.

"I'm gonna get some water or something to calm him down. Maybe with some first aid too." Sehun said when he look at the crying hybrid on the moment before taking a leave. 

After few moments, Kai feels the other male sobs a little before pulling away form his hold, much to his dismay of course. With that, Sehun got into the view and place the water with some medicine on the side. He saw Soo eyes the medicine with hesitation.

"You don't need to drink the medicine if you want too. It's just to calm you down okay?" Kai saw him nods and only took some water on the table of course.


"N..nyai'm sorry. Soo got you into trouble. Nyai understand if you want Soo to leave right away. Nyai just go." Soo readied himself to leave the bed when Kai push him back  before he could leave.

"Drink this tea. It can help you to calm down." Sehun offers to Soo which he hesitantly nods before taking it. He also reminded him to blow on it before drinking since it's quite still hot.

"Soo's sorry for being mean to you mister. Soo just remembered something scary. Nyai'm sorry." 

Kyungsoo lower his head same as his ears dropping flat on his hair line. And of course, who can resist his cite charm even if Sehun practically saw him as a threat to Kai's security bit he held it in somehow with his tight lips and clench fist making Kai chuckles a little knowing his personality well.

"It's okay. J-just don't do it in front of all Jongin hyung's close friends." Sehun huffs seeing Kai's face stiffle a laugh this time. He was about to gesture a punching face to him when the hybrid looks at him again.

"JongKai? JongKai has many close friends?" Soo titled his head and looks between Sehun and Kai a little.

"JongKai?" Sehun mouthed earning a 'talk with you later' to him.

"Not that many but don't worry. they are all good people I assure you like Sehun here is. Just promise me that you'll behave and not try to bite or scare them when I invite them over huh?" Kai said to him.


"W-will Soo get to know them?" Kai can saw him gulping. Little bit so he decided to get the damp towel and put it around the side of his lips where there is a cut. The hybrid flinch a little but allow him to do it somehow.

"Yeah. But I think I'll only invite those calm ones for now and I know you only need Sehun for now. Not until you're ready for them of course." Kai laughs a little before ruffling his head making him squeak.

Sehun can see Kai really adoring the said hybrid completely shaking his head at the side. Good thing Kai only saw it. They heard the doorbell rings so he ask the other to get it since that might be the take out order he get since the hybrid didn't even eat last time.

"Why don't you try to take your jacket off so I can see were are your other injuries are?" Kai suggest. He can still saw his cast on his injured arm before checking his body for other injury.

"I-if JongKai would punish Soo, nyai'm understand. J-just make it quick."  He shut his eyes quick waiting for the said punishment but he only felt a hand on his head. He waited for it to deepen but it just stay that way so he open his eyes to look at Kai.

"You already know I wouldn't do that Soo. I promised you and It'll stay that way. Now let me take a look so I can treat it right away." Kai's black eyes travels to his chocolate wide orbs before nodding. He can't still get why he trust the guy so much and why it is helping him. 

With the help of Kai, he carefully remove the jacket and saw some bruises on his arms. 

"I need to take a look on your face clearly, can you move your hair backwards so I can take a look?" Kai asks which Soo nodded easily before pushing it backwards.

"Whoaaa...." Sehun's voice was heard and they saw his surprised expression when Kyungsoo move his hair clearly seeing his face in full blown.

"T-that bad?" Kyungsoo speak in a soft voice. 

"Of course not Kitty. Just some scratch here but it would heal just in time." Kai assured.

"Oh. Maybe it's Soo's face that was ugly. Sorry." He lower his look to his injured arm.

"N-no.. I- I mean, you looked really pretty. Why don't you try to cut your hair so you could see it for yourself." Sehun suggest to him when Kai put out a hair band to it to prevent it from falling. Kai uses it whenever he went to do some dancing of course.

"Master said my face looked very ugly. He never let Soo look his face on the mirror since the mirror might broke if nyai take a look." They saw him talking in a casual talk like it was nothing for him.

"Don't ever believe his words. He said it just to put you down and you should really go to the parlor shop nearby to prove that you are really pretty. Is he some sort of blind to call you that or you don't know the definition of beauty yourself?" Sehun scoff hearing those words from the said hybrid. 

"Nyai recall my dad said the same thing to me when I was a little. Is it wrong for Soo to believe his appa?" They both stiffen to the word and then can really tell that this hybrid experienced a lot. 

Before any of them can mutter a reply, they can hear him muttering something as a show. 
Kai laugh before recalling the hybrid's favorite show so he help the hybrid go into the living room before letting them all eatnsome pizzas and chicken which he ordered for them. He also have some beer with it but he insisten for the hybrid to drink his hot chocolate for a moment since he didn't know if it was allowed for him. 

"Hey Soo, do you recall how old you are?" Kai asks all of a sudden making Soo and Sehun got interested on the question .

"Almost..... 22 years old." Soo titled his head at the question .

"Really? That means you look younger than you really are! Daebak!" Kai was amused and saw Sehun's eyes also widen at the remarks.

"Sehun is still 19 yet he looks older than me right?" Kai laughs but got hit on his head afterwards.

"Like you aren't that old enough you stupid old man! You're turning 23 this year and yet you are still immature and all." Sehun retort and heard a laugh from Kai  nonetheless.

"And you're a freaking old man looking than me."Kai snort at him making Sehun stuck his tongue at him.

Kyungsoo chuckles a lite before flinching and grab his stomach. Kai and Sehun becomes alert as Kyungsoo allows Kai to lift his shirt a little and saw bruises scattered on his abdomen. Probably from the kicking earlier.

"T-that bad?" Soo asked worringly.

"It'll heal. Just eat and take some rest." Kai pet his hair again before nodding. They heard the front door open before a voice was heard outside.

"Jonginnie!! I've come to pick Sehun up." They can heard footsteps coming and place something probably on the kitchen table.

"It's hyung!" Sehun cheers up letting himself out of the room before Kai decided to hreet his visitor.

"Wanna greet a friend of mine?" Kai asks the hybrid who cover the blanket up to his half face with ears down and confused eyes.

"You can say no if you're not ready. I'm not gonna push you to do something you don't want to."Kai assured him gaining a nod. 

"Is that a no then?" He received another nod so he decided to not push him since he knew he might been exhausted to meet more people for the day. He said to be right back after meeting his visitor home on the kitchen.

"Hey Jongin! Thanks for fetching my brother up. How is it going with your guest here?" Baekhyun cheerfully asked him. 


"I'm fine, he's fine. I guess we are both. I kinda ask him to meet you up but he is kinda tired from the happenings this day. He kinda meet many talkative person for today and I'm afraid he might not handle your energy for this time." Kai chuckles while being cautious of his words to pick to him without letting the details of them getting into trouble worry him.

"Aww.... Pity 'coz I'm too curious of him. Did you introduced Sehun to him?" Baekhyun looks at his brother who nods at him.

"He's a bit shy for an older person than me. But he is fine, he just act and look like a child though." Sehun comments and grabs some ice cream bought by Baekhyun.

"Really? Does that mean he is cute? I didn't know you're into some cute guy with a face Jongin. Just don't let the police get you and arrest you for being a pedo." Baekhyun laughs at this making Jongin blush a little and whines to his hyung.

"I'm just joking. Maybe I could meet him sometime since it felt like he is that kind  of a person." The older male smile at him.

"He even promised him to find his family here since he lost his brother." Sehun butts in.

"Oh really? That's kinda sad though. Do you have any lead to his relatives?" He asks once again.

"Apparently, no. He doesn't remember anything . Probably due to the accident but maybe it would return to him so we could start soon. How about yours? I'm sorry I can't help you since--" Kai's speech was cut when Baekhyun speak to him.

"Don't worry. I understand your situation. You must help your guest first since I already got Chanyeol to help me though. Plus, someone saw him roaming around Seoul so I'm thankful that it would cut my hunt near to us. Isn't that great? I can't wait." 

There was a hint of sadness and joy on his voice making Sehun and Kai bit back a comment. 

"Come on hyung. I'm tired, let's go home." Sehun urges him since it was really late.

They both bid goodbye and promise to catch up soon after the holidays. They still have two more days before they head back to their work since they were given five days off after the new year. He uses his time to help Baekhyun find his brother while Sehun to come with his parents to travel to China. 

 


Back to their house, Sehun and Baekhyun was busy catching up in the Sala with a movie fest and good food since the they have no work nor classes after today. Sehun decided to check his bag when he found a brown envelope on it and recalls that was the thing given to him by the helmet dude from the scene. 

"What's that?" Baekhyun asks when he saw his brother holding a piece of envelop to him.

"A piece of things to Jongin's guest. It was his property. I guess I forgot to give it back. " Sehun said and carefully take a look on its contents spilling its contents to the floor. Sehun panics when he saw a familiar picture with book and small bracelet on it.

"You shouldn't have opened it. It was not even yours." Baekhyun move from the his side so he take a look on it but Sehun just quickly grab it before his brother could help.

"What's with the rush? i won't even steal it. Just remember to give it back tomorrow." Baekhyun laughs before grabbing the cola nearby.

"Can you get another popcorn hyung? And some marshmallows too." Sehun requested which the latter gladly fetch. 

"Hey hyung, do you recall Kyungsoo hyung before he went missing?" Sehun asks while looking through the said picture.

"What's with you all of a sudden? I thought you don't want to hear me talking about him when we are alone?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrow as he put some insta pop corn on the microwave.

"Just curious. That's all. I-is he... a hybrid?" He gulps.

"I- I didn't recall telling you that but... Yes he is. He is a black cat with scar on his right ear." Baekhyun smiled bitterly but didn't saw the panic state in Sehun's eyes. 

He do recall the small scar and the resemblance of the hybrid to this photo on the locket he open on his hand. It was a photo of Baekhyun, his mom and their first dad which didn't have the hybrid on them even Baekhyun looks like a five year old boy there.


"Why didn't you tell me he was a hybrid?" Sehun asks with shaky voice.

"Because, you totally freak out before when some weird bully hybrid scared you back on your grade school days. You said you don't wanna deal with them in your life. You even freak out to the smallest harmless bunny hybrids that I introduced you. I guess you will kinda feel bad or awkward after learning that your brother is a hybrid, did you?" Baekhyun asked him.

"I---I don't really know. I think.... I want time to think about that. Just focus on finding him and maybe... I think ... Maybe I can try to  adjust to it." Sehun wish to have more time even he knew where to find him, but he still isn't sure if he is ready enough by it.

"Thanks. I know you're quite awkward when we talk about him but try to give space and consideration for him. After all, he is our family member. We both didn't know what happened to him or how he is now, but I still wish we can all adjust and make it up to those time that we have lost. " Baekhyun ponders but he knew Sehun really thinks about it.  

He just hope he could find his brother soon.

 

 

 

 

 

"sweet dreams kitten. Don't you ever run from me again. You already gave me a heart attack earlier on and from the scene of those bad guys hurting you. I'm sorry I didn't protect you from those man earlier." Kai sighs as he sits beside the bed where Soo lies. 

He is carefully brushing his bangs up revealing his doe eyes and angel like face with some scratch on I. But that didn't make him look less attractive to Kai's point of view. In fact, it makes him more adorable for Kai to resist himself from hugging the said hybrid.

"N-not your fault. They just found Soo before nyai  noticed them. Y-you wouldn't punish Soo because of that right?" Soo's eyes got teary eyed making Kai to coo at this ball of fluff lying in front of him.

"Of course not! How many times do I need to tell you that I wouldn't even dare to hurt you in anyways or any circumstances." Kai assured him who nods in the process.

"I've got some important thing to do tomorrow by the way and I hope you could stay here for the rest of the day, except for your hair cut since I am needed by my father back at our work. Is that okay to you Soo?" Kai can see him panicking for a bit as he whimpers and move close to the blanket to his face.

"Don't worry since I'll ask Sehun to look out for you when I'm gone. You already know him and Chen's gonna be here for your therapy since I know you might be a little awkward with him. Just try to talk to him, he is not a bad person, Soo." He still pushed it.

"Soo knows.... But nyai'm afraid he hates Soo. Nyai remember your conversation at the car...Sorry for pretending to be asleep. Nyai promised to leave after nyai fully recover... Just give me some days before Soo can leave." Soo sits up with blank face. But Kai can see him sad by the looks of his droopy ears and droopy eyes so he ruffles his hair again and rub a bit of his ears to calm him done which it did.

"Don't take to the what Sehun and I have discussed. Just what I have said, I care about you and you don't need to feel like a burden to me since I am willing and glad to help you. Stop putting yourself to a pity party since I know you also didn't like that. I meant what I said when I promised to take care of you." He looks at Soo in the eye to let him see his intentions were clean.

"But... Soo thinks nyai abusings JongKai's hospitality. Nyai can't even do something for you in return." Soo looks everywhere but him which Kai finds it cute so he chuckles at the sight.

"Oh kitten. You don't need to do anything or something for me. Since I know you got bored over my company and this place. Maybe you could do something on this house while I'm gone for tomorrow like watch something, cook or clean. But not that I want you to be my maid but you get what I mean?" He rubs his nape for some reasons and look over to the hybrid who have some eyes shining towards him.

"Cook!!! Soo can cook!!! Nyai can cook you something if you want as a thank you." 

He smiled  at him for the first time in his care. It's not like the small shy smile but the smile which he can see a literal heart shaped smile that makes his heart and stomach flutters for a bit. He can feel his mouth opening and closing but he snap out of it when he tilted his head and asked if he said anything bad.

"Okay. I guess you can cook me something for dinner and I'll let you surprised me. If you need something, just let Sehun know and he will contact me. Sleep for now since I know you are tired. It's been long day kitten. Goodnight! Sleep well!" Kai press a soft kiss on Soo's forehead before tucking him into bed and closing the light. Only the lamp near his bed allows him to see the illuminated face of the cute hybrid that caught his attention and makes his heart flutter.

An adoration perhaps?

Kai didn't even know it yet or what it is called. But he can feel something whenever he saw this hybrid smile or there's a twinkling on his eyes.


"Soo.... I swear you give me too much heart attacks... Only if you knew." 

Kai chuckles to himself and went to bed.