“I’m ok, thank you. Just please, stop talking to me. -NaMo

Anything Goes

Nayeon knew perfectly well someone was calling after her but instead of stopping and looking back at them, she began walking even more briskly. She knew to whom that voice belonged to. It’s the same voice the echoed through the bathroom stalls and eventually her own head for the past week.

“Just a little more and I got her.”
Nayeon was just about to unlock her stall but she recognized that voice from anywhere and a strange feeling started brewing from the pits of her stomach.
 “And to think you guys doubted me.” the voice continued.
“Took you long enough though” someone else chided followed by a few teasing cheers.

Ah. So that was it. A bet perhaps?
She should have known. She should have seen it coming.

Nayeon wanted to confirm the accusations forming in her head before she burst out and reprimand them for the s that they are, but the second period bell rang and soon the bathroom was empty. And as a tear slid down her cheek, Nayeon wished her heart was too.

The whole week had been a game of avoidance. Nayeon couldn’t stand seeing or even hearing of the japanese. To her, Hirai Momo doesn’t exist.

“Nayeon! Hey Nayeon!”
She was still hot on her trail. Every mention of her name felt like another dagger into her heart. Her heart was a mess, her head in a no better state. She didn’t notice until too late that a motorcycle was headed towards her.
She closed her eyes, ready for the seething sharp pain of impact, but there was none. Instead, she was enveloped in a calming warmth and familiar scent.
Nayeon slowly opened her eyes and found toned arms wrapped around her frame as if shielding her. Her biggest mistake though was looking up.
Her eyes met with a pair ridden with fear, worry and what she could have sworn was…love.
But that can’t be right.
Lies. More lies. But ah, what a beautiful liar.

“Are you okay?”
Nayeon snapped back to then and coldly shook off Momo’s hold on her.
“I’m okay, thank you. Just please don’t talk to me.”

Momo was too shocked by what happened that she couldn’t even chase after Nayeon who had already turned her back and walked away.

lol
There’s more to this story of course but well, all I promised was a ficlet.
Maybe I’ll write a continuation with another prompt but idk.