Chapter 6

Incipient love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIX

“Hey, Bam, there’s a little girl crying over here,” the 12 year old Mark called out to his friend.

“Aish, Mark, stop caring for all passers-by,” Bambam huffed out as he stomped towards Mark. “Besides she’s not a little girl,” he said looking at the girl who was sobbing by the corner, and added “She’s obviously our age.”

“But-” Mark was about to say something when someone cut him off.

“Bambam, stop being such a grumpy grandpa,” Lisa snickered as she hopped towards them with her other two girlfriends, Rose and Jennie.

Mark bent down at the girl’s height who was crying like anything, sitting at a corner and her head buried in her arms. “Hey, what’s your name?” he asked in a soft voice.

But the girl seemed to be so stubborn. “Mommy~” she cried hugging her legs, “I want my mommy back.”

“Go away, let me handle,” Rose shoved Mark away and knelt down infront of the little girl. “Hi, my name is Rose. We will wait with you until your mommy comes.”

The girl lifted her head up slowly as she breathed out “Rose” in the sweetest voice the four friends had ever heard.

“Wait, you look familiar,” Bambam stared at the girl’s face trying to remember where he had seen her.

Aha! The first magazine which he read two years back (he was forced to read). But what was an heiress doing here? Might be they just seem to look alike, he knitted his eyebrows as he thought.

“Don’t be scared. Your mommy will surely find you. Let’s wait together for her,” Jennie said in a soft voice.

The girl glanced at Jennie and mumbled, “Mommy will never find me.”

“Eesh, don’t say like that. Your mommy will surely find you,” Lisa remarked in an assuring tone.

The girl sniffed, “Daddy says mommy has gone to where she came from and she will never come back”.

“It’s ok. Even if you don’t have your mommy, you have us. We will be your friends,” Bambam ruffled her hair cutely (like the one he saw at a movie the other day). She was definitely the young heiress. Her mother passed away last week. “Say, what is your name? I’m Bambam,” Bambam seemed to be surprised at his own action. When did he even become this friendly with a stranger?

The girl looked at Bambam with those pretty eyes before muttering, “Jisoo.”

 

“Ugh, oppa, you ruin a nice dream,” Jisoo whined as she picked up the call. It was still dark.

“What were you dreaming about?”

“My first meeting with Lisa and the others,” Jisoo chirped playing with the bed sheets.

“Then that must be a very nice dream. So, how’s school?”

“The best,” she grinned widely which Suho couldn’t obviously see. “What about you? Any girlfriend?”

“Oh please, tell dad to appoint another CEO so that your handsome brother would have time for himself.”

“Conceited much,” Jisoo grinned getting out of the bed as she made her way towards the kitchen. “When will you come home?”

“I don’t know. Two-three months later?”

“That’s still far away,” Jisoo whined. She missed her brother a lot.

“I miss you, sweetheart.”

“I also miss- wait hold up,” Jisoo muttered holding the glass of water tightly.

She was about to drink water when she heard the main door opening. The night was gloomy and it was the night of the new moon and Jisoo was alone at home, well not counting the three maids sleeping at the edge of the house. Her stepmother had gone for a one day trip to promote her new clothing line and Jaera had gone for a sleepover at Baekhyun’s house. Her chest had that slight pang when she thought about what they might be doing.

A thief! Jisoo began to panic. She couldn’t just shout. The thief might run away. I have to take him down myself. She feared a little thinking about the possibility that the thief might be stronger than her.

“What is it?”

“Oppa, a thief,” Jisoo squeaked and was about to hit the thief when he sniffed as if he is crying. It was not a he, it was a she.

“Call the others.”

“Wait,” Jisoo switched on the light and Jaera stood there, drunk and crying. “Jaera,” Jisoo gasped. “Oppa, it’s just Jaera. I think she is drunk. I’ll call you back later,” Jisoo ended the call and went towards Jaera. She smelled of alcohol so badly.

Hundreds of thoughts were in Jisoo’s mind right now.

Did she break up with Baekhyun? Did Baekhyun break up with her? Either

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter