Chapter 2

Incipient love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

It was already six in the morning and the sun came peeping through the window making the room looked serene and Jisoo was sleeping like a calm angel when she was disturbed with a knock on the door.

“Young Miss, wake up,” a voice called out.

Jisoo groaned and woke up to open the door but soon she was met by a familiar face.

“Butler Kang,” she exclaimed seeing the old male. Butler Kang was their family butler and was also a loyal friend of the Kim’s. The Kim’s were very fond of him especially Jisoo’s brother.

Butler Kang smiled as he greeted, “Good morning Jisoo.”

Jisoo greeted back and raised her brow questioningly, “But why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be with my brother?”

“Well, your brother asks me to look after you for the first week,” he said with a soft smile.

Jisoo hugged him muttering, “Thanks.” He was like a father figure to Jisoo and her brother.

“I need to go, otherwise that Jung Jaera will again throw a tantrum,” Butler Kang bowed politely and quickly went towards the door.

Jisoo chuckled seeing his actions. He hasn’t changed a bit.

Then she looked at her watch, “Gosh, I have to get ready for school,” she ran into her bathroom. After necessary wash up, she slipped into her uniform and went downstairs. Her stepmother was already at the table but Jaera was nowhere to be found. She scanned the dining hall looking for Jaera.

“She’s still sleeping,” her stepmother informed seeing Jisoo’s search for Jaera.

“Now?” Jisoo looked at the time and exclaimed, “It’s already 7:30. School starts at 8,” she added panicking. Jisoo was someone who honored punctuality and moreover she didn’t want to be late on her first day of school and knowing Jaera, she would take hours to get ready.

Jisoo’s stepmother looked at her panic stricken face, “Don’t worry, you won’t go together with her,” she said and drank her water.

Jisoo looked at her stepmother in confusion. If she wasn’t supposed to go with Jaera then who was she supposed to go with?

“You’ll go alone,” her stepmother uttered casually and cut the omelet into bite sized pieces.

Jisoo looked at her stepmother with wide eyes, “B-but,” she stuttered.

“Eat fast. You won’t want to be late on your first day of school.”

Jisoo just kept quiet, answering back would only irritate her more. She finished her breakfast but it seemed like the food didn’t reach her stomach. It wasn’t satisfactory.

“I’m going,” Jisoo stood up and walked away.

It was going to be a long day without a guide.

 

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun, stop being so restless. She’ll surely come,” a deep voice broke the restless silent atmosphere. Baekhyun was pacing up and down biting his fingernails nervously. He and his 8 friends were at the school gate waiting for Baekhyun’s certain someone, not giving a slight notice to the ogling girls.

Baekhyun beamed into a wide grin and exclaimed enthusiastically, “I can’t wait to see her.”

Sehun scratched his head confusingly and looked at Kai, “Who is hyung talking about?”

“Just someone who caught his eyes last Christmas,” Kai answered.

“Ooh~ love at first sight,” Sehun chirped.

The 8 boys were overly excited to see the girl their friend had opened up his heart for.

“I want to see hyung’s first love,” Sehun teased and asks, “Say, is she pretty?”

Baekhyun’s face immediately turned red.

“Where were you last Christmas?” Kai hit Sehun’s head.

Sehun rubbed the part of his head where he had been hit, “Last Christmas, I was at my grandparents place so I didn’t spend with you guys,” Sehun retorted and Kai’s lips formed an ‘o’ shaped.

“So, is she pretty?” Sehun asked again. Baekhyun, who never laid his eyes on random girls nor flirt with them, has someone he likes? He couldn’t help but be really curious.

“Kai nodded and exclaimed, “The prettiest.”

“What is her name?” Sehun asked happily, “Does she know?”

Kai frowned, “She doesn’t know and we don’t know her name.”

“A one sided love,” Sehun mumbled but loud enough for Kai to hear, “Is she a student of our school?”

“No, hyung says she will transfer today.”

“Do they know each other?” Sehun asked again which irritated Kai.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter