The Drink

Emergency Room

Ji Hyo's tears betrayed her when they started rolling down her cheeks. She couldn't believe that she'll hear the words, I love you, in a very sincere manner. Ji Hyo was even more surprised when Jong Kook wiped her tears using his thumb. He smiled at her and said, "Seeing you cry is the last thing that I want to see, but it's the first thing I saw upon my confession." She then smiled at the man after he spoke the words. "You sure know how to make me feel so comfortable." she then admitted.

Jong Kook then looked at the two beds. He asked, "Where do you want to sleep?" Ji Hyo chose the bed near the window, so he helped her put her things near the said bed. "Don't tease me, okay?" he warned. Ji Hyo's eyes have gone bigger when she heard his words. "Ya, Kim Jong Kook, didn't I warn you not to have wild imaginations?" she then asked. Jong Kook just smiled at her, and took the free mineral water to drink some. He was drinking the water when Ji Hyo added, "Don't think that your key can open up the treasure chest of mine soon."

Because of what she said, Jong Kook blew the water out from his mouth. Ji Hyo couldn't help but laughed when she saw the expression on Jong Kook's face. His face is very red now, and he can't look at her in the eyes. "Are you that embarrassed?" she asked. Jong Kook looked at her and warned, "Don't provoke me." When she saw the serious face of Jong Kook, she stopped laughing, which made Jong Kook start laughing. "Ya!" she called. "You scared me." she then said. They looked at each other again, and started laughing together.

Back in Seoul, Ji Hyo's father is sitting on a sofa when one of his assistants told him that the visitor has arrived already. Sang Gook nodded his head which made the visitor be allowed to come and meet him. Sang Gook looked at the visitor who gave him a respectful bow. When the visitor was done with his greeting, he looked at him as he introduced himself, "My name is Lee Dong Wook. Nice to meet you, Sir." He looked at the assistant to call the secretary so they can have some tea.

"What do you want to eat?" Jong Kook asked as he saw Ji Hyo checking the menu. "Are we going to eat here, Oppa?" she asked him. "We can eat outside if you want to." he answered. "I think that's better." she told him. "Then get changed, and I'll just wait for you in the lobby." he then told his woman. He smiled when he realized that Song Ji Hyo, the woman whom he has been liking and loving for quite some time now, is already his woman. "What's wrong? Why are you smiling like that?" she asked making his senses back to reality.

"I didn't know a day like this would come." Dong Wook said to Ji Hyo's father. Sang Gook looked at him and answered, "Me, neither." The old man looked at him and said, "I need to see you, and I need to know what it is that you have for my daughter to disobey me like that." He bowed his head when he heard what the old man said, however, he decided to lift his head up and be honest, "Truthfully, Sir, I think Song Ji Hyo is no longer in love with me." Sang Gook looked at him and asked, "How sure are you?"

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are now out to eat something. "Do you want to eat rice?" asked Jong Kook. She looked at him and said, "It depends on the menu." Jong Kook noticed a Korean restaurant near them, so he pointed it at Ji Hyo. "Should we eat there?" he asked. "That's nice." she answered as she initiated to walk with him while holding hands. He looked at Ji Hyo with a smile as they headed to a Korean restaurant. When they entered, they were amazed by the restaurant's set-up. "Oppa, this is an amazing place." she then said.

In the meantime, Kwang Soo has decided to meet Yoo In Na. He was waiting at the coffee shop when the woman appeared. The woman was wearing  sunglasses, and she was wearing a light-colored dress making her skin appears whiter than usual. He can't deny the fact that the woman is beautiful. "Perhaps that's why Dong Wook hyung was confused." he told himself. "Hi." greeted In Na, to which he responded with an awkward, "Hello." "Am I going to be interrogated today?" asked In Na with a little smile on her face.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are now ready to check the menu. When the staff of the restaurant went near them, they were shocked to see the person taking a picture of them after he gave them glasses with ice and a pitcher of water. Both of them looked at each other, feeling worried. "Why are you taking pictures?" Jong Kook asked with a straight face. "Oh, sorry, Sir. We actually have this promo." said the waiter as he handed them the menu with the said promo. "The most loving couple will have a chance to have an all-you-can-eat coupon for two days." read Ji Hyo aloud which made the two of them smile.

After some hours of talk, Dong Wook has finally gathered up some strength to ask Ji Hyo's father. He asked, "Sir, do you think it's really okay?" Sang Gook just looked at him without giving an answer. While the two of them are just looking at each other, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are now back to bickering. "I will never be a damsel in distress. I'm not the kind of woman who will just whine and, and will ask someone to rescue her." she said when Jong Kook kidded that she sure seems to be needed to be taken care of - all the time.

Both of them laughed at what they've been doing until they stopped laughing at the same time. "Oppa..." she called. "Hmm?" he answered. "I'm scared. I'm scared that if we go back to Korea, you and I might have to..." she stopped when he told her, "get married." Ji Hyo was touched with what he said, but when she noticed the glass with ice on the table, she said, "But oppa, sometimes like how ice melts into rain, love turns into pain." He then held her hands, looked at her eyes, and said, "You know I love you, right? And if what you said is true - that love can turn into pain... then... you're the pain that I won't ever -- give up."