The Beat

Emergency Room

Jong Kook didn't know where he was able to find the courage to say those words. He just knows that he can't bear to see Ji Hyo being sad again. He doesn't know how in love he is with the woman, but now that he's with her in a close proximity, and now that he's alone with her, he can clearly tell that, indeed, love has come his way. He noticed Ji Hyo, who was still looking at him, looking blank. And because he realized that he might lose her anytime soon, he cupped her face with his hand, and put her head onto his shoulder.

Ji Hyo allowed Jong Kook to place her head onto his shoulder, and closed her eyes. She doesn't know why she feels so relaxed right now. She took Jong Kook's hand and held it with her hand. Jong Kook then looked at Ji Hyo who is now asleep. He stares at her without making any sound so she won't be bothered. He smiled when he remembers how he first met the woman. But his smile disappears when he remembers Dong Wook's look when Ji Hyo kissed him in public. He rested his head, and closed his eyes to disregard what he's thinking.

Bali, Indonesia.

After the long travel, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are now in Southeast Asia. Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo, who was smiling brightly. "Oppa, we traveled from East Asia to Southeast Asia just to go to a beach? Jeju-do is already home to beaches there in Korea. Haha." said Ji Hyo in a very happy mood. Jong Kook smiled at her and said, "I guess long hours of sleep can make you that jolly." Ji Hyo smiled wider to tease Jong Kook as she said, "It's because your muscles are so buff. I'm thinking whether I should cut your arm off, so I can make it my pillow forever."

Jong Kook's face turned red, so Ji Hyo kidded him again, "Oh? You're blushing, aren't you? Kim Jong Kook-oppa is blushing." She was smiling brightly when she told a passerby, "Look at my oppa, he's blushing, right?" It was his turn to smile when the passerby didn't give Ji Hyo any reaction. Ji Hyo pouted her lips cutely as she told him, "Oppa, that person didn't even care about what I said." "She probably didn't understand you." he said which made the woman smiled again. "I wish I could know Indonesians who understand the Korean language."

Ji Hyo felt something pounding in her chest when Jong Kook smiled at her. When the man excused himself so he can book a room, she touched her face with her two hands, and asked herself, "Am I blushing, too?" When she trailed Jong Kook's visibility, her heart started to race faster than usual. "Oh? Does he always have this effect on me?" she asked herself again. When Jong Kook looked and smiled at her, she rubbed her eyes because she's seeing Jong Kook in a different light. "Omo, Cheon Sung Im, are you really being in love again?"

Jong Kook walked towards her with a blank expression. "What's wrong?" she asked. "There's only room left." he answered. "And so?" she asked without hesitating which made both of them surprise. "Ya! We're adults already, so why can't we just share one room?" she asked in a loud and embarrassed tone. Jong Kook then answered her, "That's the point. We're adults already." "Then, let's just search for other hotels. This ain't the only hotel here anyway." she then said when she belatedly realized the situation.

"Why aren't you moving?" she asked when she started to carry her luggage. Jong Kook then took the luggage from her and answered, "I've already booked it. So we will be staying in one room starting today. For three days." opened widely due to shock to which Jong Kook reacted with a very cute smile. "Why? We're adults already. So why can't we just share one room?" he then said returning the words she said to him earlier. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook!" she yelled. Jong Kook loves hearing his name coming from Ji Hyo's mouth, so he just smiled.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are now opening the door of their said room. "Ya, Kim Jong Kook, make sure you won't have any wild imaginations." she reminded the masculine man. "And what if I will have?" he then teased in return. "I will call Jae Suk-oppa." she answered. "But he'll find it okay since we're a couple already." he then said. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook!" she called again, so this time he asked her, "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, how old are you again? And how old am I?" He laughed when he saw the expression on Ji Hyo's face. "Don't worry, okay? You're safe."

She doesn't know why she felt so secure when he told her that she's safe. She smiled at him when the door was already opened, and she headed towards the bed. She was surprised to learn that the room has twin beds, so she looked at him and said, "Thank you." Jong Kook was more than pleased when he saw how thankful and comfortable Ji Hyo is. "Why?" asked Ji Hyo when she caught him looking at her. "I'm just wondering." he answered. "Wondering about?" she asked. "I’m not sure if I can take not being with you anymore." he answered.

"I actually don't deserve being this close to you." she then said which made Jong Kook look at her in a serious way. "Lately, I can't help but notice you. It keeps on happening. You make my heart race without doing a thing." she then confessed. "Ya, Song Ji Hyo..." he called. Both of them stopped talking. He pulled her into his arms, and now they are only an inch apart. "They say that you can see the most beautiful thing in life when you close your eyes. Looking at you before closing my eyes makes the world more beautiful, I guess." he sweetly said.

Ji Hyo looked into Jong Kook's eyes as he said those sweet words to her. "Oppa..." she called softly when she realized how physically close she is with Jong Kook right now. "You give me feelings I can't put into words." He said while still looking at her. His confession is enough for her to go happy and crazy, and so when he closed his eyes and leaned for a kiss, she didn't hesitate to reciprocate it. They are now sharing a kiss gently... lovingly... passionately. When the kiss was over, he moved his face closer to her face again as tears fell from her eyes when he said the three words in a very sincere manner, "I love you."