Act 8: Back to School

Adventure Time

"Hayoung-ah, don't you have school?" Eunji questioned the youngest, sipping on her glass of wine as she lounged on her luxurious couch in her luxurious crib wearing her luxurious robe. Ok you get it. Just kidding. Luxuuuuriooous.

"Nah." Hayoung replied half-heartedly, focusing on her game.

"Tch." Eunji rolled her eyes, pulling the plug of the console. "Answer me properly."

"Hey!" Hayoung whined. "But I don't wanna go to school~ Plus your house is a paradise!" She gestured at all the game consoles and arcade machines with big sparkly eyes, drooling all over the carpet.

"No. As a student, you still have to complete your studies." Eunji said sternly.

"Okay..." Hayoung complied dejectedly.

"That goes for Naeun too. Speaking of that girl, where did she run off to?" Eunji looked around, searching for the said girl.

Hayoung shrugged. "Lets split up and search then."
----

As Hayoung was searching, she got drawn into a particular room. It was the bathroom – the most necessary of all homes, yes.

The toilet was painted a soothing shade of blue and every single thing in there was of a high level of technology, as expected of someone with that kind of profession.

As she stepped into the toilet, an 'ooh' escaped her lips.
"Wo–OH THAT SCARED ME!"
The automatic toilet lifted its cover as soon as it sensed Hayoung's presence, scaring the daylights out of her.
Going nearer to inspect the fascinating toilet bowl, Hayoung bent down to be at the same level. Suddenly, there was a loud beeping sound. Taken aback, Hayoung swiftly stepped away from the suspicious toilet bowl.
'H-Huh? What's going o–'
"INTRUDER ALERT!" A robotic voice echoed in the toilet.
Out of nowhere, jets of water started spraying towards Hayoung continuously, ultimately drenching her from head to toe.
After a few moments, the spraying stopped and she got up from her defensive posture, heaving a sigh of relief.
"Phew–"
"THREAT DETECTED! DEFENSIVE MECHANISM ACTIVATED." The same robotic voiced boomed yet again.
"Oh noo nononono I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Ouch! Stop!!" Before she knew it, she was attacked with toothbrushes that mysteriously flew out from nowhere.
Starting to actually fear for her life, Hayoung quickly fled outside and shut the door tight, vowing to never enter that hellhole of a bathroom ever again.
----

"D'you find her?" Eunji asked her as they met in the living room. "And why are you all drenched?"

"Why don't YOU ask YOUR toilet?!" Hayoung spat, breathing heavily through her nostrils.

"Ohh..." Eunji's mouth formed an 'O', nodding her head in understanding. "An assassin lives life dangerously, ya know? You have to expect the unexpected...pfft." She reasoned stupidly, her snicker at the end not going unnoticed by the youngest.

"Yeah right," Hayoung scoffed.

"Aww come on," Eunji pouted grossly. "It's the first time I'm having guests around, I was just excited!"

"Whatever, let's just find Naeun unnie." Hayoung sighed exasperatedly and left for the last place that has yet to be searched – the kitchen.

"Oh wait up, Hayoung-ah! There's a toothbrush stuck in your !" Eunji called out in the distance.
----

As the two entered the kitchen, they immediately stood rooted in their spots, mouths hanging at what they saw. Hayoung, who was the first to return to her senses, quickly covered her eyes and nudged the person beside her sharply. Eunji, however, seemed to be in a daze and just continued staring. Due to the lack of response, the tall girl uncovered her eyes a little and took a peep at the oldest in the house.

"U-Unnie...? Hey! Your nose is bleeding!" Hayoung yelled, snapping Eunji out of her dazed state.

"Sorry, sorry! But I mean, look at that!" The assassin pointed over to a flour-covered figure, busying herself over the counters.

Hearing the commotion, the figure turned to look at the two, with her usual poker face which immediately switched to a face of concern after seeing Eunji's bloodied face. It was Naeun, covered in flour from head to toe, clad in an apron – nothing else but an apron.

"N-Naeunnie th...that's not how y-you wear an a-apron," Eunji stammered out, flustered. 
"But dayum..." She whispered.

Naeun simply tilted her head in confusion, a frown etched between her brows.
----

"Aren't you going back to school, Naeunnie?" Eunji asked for the nth time after being ignored again and again by the girl.

The goddess shook her head several times and crossed her arms, leaning back onto the couch roughly and looked away with a huff. She did not want to return to school and was obviously annoyed with the questions that were being asked repeatedly.

"Me too! Hmph!" Hayoung copied Naeun's actions.

"Shut up, brat." The assassin shoved her foot into the youngest's face.

Eunji sighed as she tried to think of an idea to make the two students return to school. Suddenly, an imaginary lightbulb appeared over her head. "Aha! Why don't I go to school with you? How's that sound?"

Hayoung's face lit up in excitement as she nodded furiously while lifting two thumbs up whereas Naeun played with her fingers as she bit her lip, expressing nervousness all over. Nevertheless, she eventually gave a slight nod which made the grin on the assassin's face widen.

"It's settled then! Back to school it is!"
"You need it though, unnie. You're kinda stupid."
" off."