Act 6: Stalking

Adventure Time

Chorong skipped happily along the streets, on her way to visit a certain someone. As she reached her destination, she could feel her heart beating faster and faster at the thought of seeing her. She clutched onto the handle of the carrier bag tightly and ventured into the building.

Standing right outside of that person's office door, she hesitated, unsure of whether to knock. 'She might be busy, as usual...'
However, after hearing several loud thuds coming from the inside, she hesitated no more and barged into the office without even knocking once.

There was the person she had been wanting to see all day, Officer Yoon Bomi, slamming her head onto her desk repeatedly.

"Bomi-ssi!" Chorong gasped.

She ran forward and grabbed Bomi's face, preventing her from killing more of her almost already nonexistent brain cells, rubbing her forehead affectionately.

"Wha–? Miss Park? You're here again?" Bomi questioned dumbly, looking up at Chorong.

Ever since the day they met, Chorong had been visiting Bomi and delivering homecooked lunch to the latter everyday without fail. But the cold officer always ignored her presence and was too busy being immersed in whatever she was doing to even utter a single word to her. However, she knew that Bomi appreciated her cooking as she'd find the lunchboxes empty whenever she came back the next day.

Today, Bomi finally noticed her presence and even talked to her! Chorong had to contain herself from squealing out in happiness and calmed herself down before replying the cop shyly, "I...I brought you lunch."

"Oh, thanks..." Bomi rubbed the back of her neck with an uncomfortable expression. "Y'know, you don't have to do thi–"

"But I want to!!" Chorong exclaimed before covering her own mouth, shocked at her own sudden outburst.

"I-I mean, you don't seem to eat healthily...and I want to do something for you." She looked down and fiddled with her fingers, biting her lip.

Unknowingly, Bomi smiled at the cute sight. She went to the couch and sat down, patting the seat next to her.

"Have a seat."

Chorong jumped at the voice and proceeded to sit at the very end of the couch, far away from Bomi.

"I don't bite." Bomi sounded offended, causing Chorong to panic. She scooted over hurriedly, not wanting the officer to get the wrong idea.

Silence hung in the air as the two sat next to each other with their legs touching, neither one of them daring to speak. It wasn't an awkward silence. In fact, they both felt comfortable with just each other's presence. That was until Bomi decided to break the silence by voicing out her problems.

"What should I do?" She mumbled.

"I'm sorry?" Chorong couldn't hear her.

"If you were looking for someone for over ten years, not knowing whether the person was dead or alive, only to find that she has always been around you..." She looked into Chorong's eyes, "...What would you do?"

"Umm...I'd be overjoyed, that's for sure," Chorong smiled gently at her. "I'd waste no time reuniting with him or her."

"Reuniting, huh..." Bomi closed her eyes. "But what if I hated her?"

Chorong stared at Bomi. Who was this person she was talking about? It must've been someone very dear to her for her to be searching for ten years straight. As negative thoughts clouded Chorong's mind, she looked down at her feet and sighed. Bomi noticed and was about to question her, before being rudely interrupted by a girl slamming the door open.

"What's wro–"

"OFFICER! I NEED YOUR HELP!"

A girl with disheveled hair barged into the office, obvious tear marks stained her cheeks.

"MY GIRLFRIEND IS MISSING!!"
----

Meanwhile...

"HACHOO!!"

A dustbin in the middle of a school hallway sneezed. But wait a minute, dustbins don't sneeze...or do they?

"Hey! You got your snot all over me, you stupid brat!" A gruff voice could be heard.

"Hehe, sorry Eunji unnie! Namjoo must be missing me."

"Pfft! Youngsters nowadays..." Eunji scoffed. "Don't fall in too deep, kid."

"Look who's talking! All we've done the past few days is stalking your 'princess'!" Hayoung retorted sassily, rolling her eyes. "Why do you even like her? She doesn't smile at all, much less talk!"

"SHHH!!" Eunji shushed, blindly swinging her hand back and hitting Hayoung right smack on the face. "There she is!"

"I don't care! Let me out of here!" Hayoung whined. "By the way, your hand smells like . Ew."

Eunji ignored Hayoung and continued drooling as the goddess-like girl blessed the hallway with her mere presence.

"Hehe, I can see her bra...WHO'S THAT?!" Eunji almost flew out of the dustbin as a random boy approached the pretty girl.
----

"H-Hello Naeun-ssi," the boy stuttered awkwardly.

Naeun closed her locker and turned towards the boy with her usual bored expression, not even bothering to reply.

"I was wondering if you'd like to—" he couldn't finish his sentence before he fell to the ground unconscious, a piece of what looked like chewed up tissue paper stuck on his temple.

Naeun, confused about what had happened, frowned and scanned her surroundings. She heard a few hushed whispers coming from a huge dustbin that she was sure wasn't supposed to be there, ever. As she walked towards it she could make out two voices, seemingly arguing with each other.

"Unnie, I think you just killed him!"

"What? No, I didn't! Even if I did, who cares? He was being a bother to my Naeunnie!"

Naeun didn't recognise the first voice–it was her first time hearing it. The second voice, however, was very familiar to her. She looked around to make sure nobody was around before kicking the dustbin with all her might.

"Noooo!! We've been caught, unnie!"

"Shaddap! There's no way this y beast will be caught."


A few seconds of silence...


"D'you think they're gone?"

"I don't know, why don't you go check you whiny little ."

Suddenly, a head popped out of the lid. Naeun stared right at the exotic-looking girl's face with a stoic expression. She squeaked and went back into hiding, behind the other person.

"What, what?" 

"She's SCARY!"

Another figure hopped out instead. This time, it was Eunji. At the sight of her favourite person, Naeun smiled brightly and jumped onto the clueless assassin almost immediately.

"Woah! So she can smile!" Hayoung said incredulously.

"H..Help..." Eunji managed to croak out as Naeun latched onto her like a koala, snuggling into her neck.

"Err...umm, bye!" Hayoung fled the scene, stealing the school's water dispenser randomly on the way out.

"Nuuuuu!!" Eunji called out helplessly towards Hayoung's retreating back as Naeun refused to let go.