Act 1: The Assassin

Adventure Time

It was during the wee hours of the night, the entire city was in deep slumber. It was quiet, but not eerily, and nothing could ruin the peace in the neighbourhood at this moment...

...or so you thought.

 

A mysterious hooded figure was running atop the neighbourhood houses. She was on one of her assassin missions, which meant that she had to...get rid of someone. She glanced at the smudged drawing of her target on her palm and sighed. Her client could have just given her a picture but no, the overly excited idiot decided to flaunt his ty art skills. At this point, even the grandma across the street could be her target. 'I could draw better with my left  cheek,' she scoffed.

 

She leapt from roof to roof swiftly and skillfully, blending in with the shadows. 'Damn I'm so cool,' she thought to herself. Not until she unfortunately slipped on a pile of bird on one of the roofs and tumbled down noisily, landing accurately into a trashcan in a dark alley. She could hear the sound of lights being switched on, but ignored it. Getting out of this hellhole you call a trashcan was her number one priority right as of this moment. She groaned in pain and attempted to push her booty out, albeit uselessly.


Unbeknownst to her, a figure had been watching her every move from a window of the house right beside. Finally noticing that she was being watched, the assassin looked up at the figure by the window who was staring at her with a blank expression.

"Uhh...hi?"

"..."

"Hello?"

"..."

"You don't talk much, huh."

"..."

"I'm an assassin, as you can see."

"..."

"Great talk! So, do you mind helping me out a little here?"

 

The girl turned her back and left, leaving the assassin pouting pathetically in the trashcan thinking that she didn't want to help her.
Suddenly, she heard a soft click of a door closing and the next moment that same girl was by her side pulling her out of the 'blackhole'. This allowed her to get a closer look at the girl's face and boy, was she lookin' good!

'She looks like a princess...'  

Unconsciously, the assassin started drooling while staring at the girl to the point where her mask was dripping wet which led the girl to yelp in disgust and slap her with the banana peel she picked from the top of the her hood. The girl then proceeded to kick the trashcan, the contents all pouring out including the assassin. She rolled out onto the floor like a dead fish with her sticking out.


"Woohoo! I'm out! Finalleh! Thank you, princess!" The assassin had a little ceremony by herself before turning back to thank her pretty savior. However, said girl just stared back at her intensely.

"Umm, I said thanks?"

"..."

"You should head back inside now, it isn't safe for a pretty girl to be outside at these hours. I'll watch you go back in," the assassin offered.

But the girl continued to stay in her spot, gaze fixed onto the assassin.

"Well, alright then..." The assassin said dejectedly.

Just as she turned her back to leave, she heard a small voice. A voice as soft as silk.

 

"I think assassins are hot." 

 

There was the girl, still with her usual stoic and expressionless face. However, her cheeks were visibly red even from the darkness of the night.

The assassin cocked her head to the side, a naughty glint showing in her eyes and a smirk hidden by her mask. She turned back and flicked a namecard towards the girl and disappeared into the shadows with her right arm raised up coolly, as if she weren't just stupidly drooling at the sight of the goddess-like girl.

The girl picked the card up and it read, 'Someone being a stick tight up yo ? We will help you get rid of them!'

'Our best agent...

 

...Train to Busan'

 

And for the first time that night, a wide grin broke out onto the beatiful girl's face as she giggled.

 

"Stupid."