Act 5: The Couple

Adventure Time

Two girls were strolling around the park hand in hand, with the shorter leaning her head on the taller's shoulder. Yes. They were on a date, at night.

"Unnie..." The younger one stopped abruptly and turned to face the older.
"Hmm?"
"I love you," she declared out of nowhere and gazed romantically into the latter's eyes.
The older one flushed at the sudden confession and looked down shyly, avoiding eye contact with her oh-so-romantic partner.
"Look at me," the younger said softly, cupping the older's cheek and guiding her eyes back to her own. 
"I love you," she declared once again and kissed her forehead gently. "You're so beautiful, Kim Namjoo."
"I know we're in the middle of a date," the younger stated, "but I just can't control myself anymore..."
Namjoo bit her lip and stuttered in response, "B-But we can't do it he...re?" She paused as she realized that her lover was gone.
"Ha...Hayoung?" She whispered to the wind as tears welled up in her eyes.

She stood still in her spot for several minutes, not a single thought running through her head.
Suddenly, a tall figure could be seen jogging towards her in the distance, an object in their arms. She couldn't tell who it was, as there were no streetlights up ahead.
Namjoo trembled in fear. Was someone going to attack her? 'Where is my knight in shining armor when I need her?'

As the figure got closer each second, Namjoo could faintly see the person raising the object towards her. She shut her eyes tightly on instinct and waited for the hit...

 


...which never came. Namjoo slowly opened one of her eyes and took a peek infront of her.
"Hi unnie, I'm back! Look what I got!" A smiling Hayoung greeted her, a fire hydrant in her arms. "I couldn't control myself when I saw it standing there, seducing me with that y figure."

And Namjoo flew forward to hug her lover tightly, bawling her eyes out. "I'm so glad you're fine, I thought something happened to you!!" She sniffled and looked up at Hayoung with teary eyes, pouting cutely as she clung onto her. Hayoung couldn't help but melt at the sight, leaning down to kiss her partner's pout away.

Not until a palm went towards the side of her face at the speed of light, her face turning to the side at the impact. "Jerk! Who said you could kiss me!? So a fire hydrant is ier than me, huh?! !!" Her lover spat and her heel, stomping away.

Hayoung was left there dumbfounded, her lips still jutted out looking like a retarded duck. Even after years of being in a relationship with Namjoo, the older's bipolar tendencies never fail to leave her speechless.

Out of a sudden, someone tapped her on the shoulder. It was a female police officer.
"That's public property," she pointed towards the object in Hayoung's arms "I'm afraid you're going to have to come with me, Miss," she stated coldly.
----

"I told you already that I have a condition, I didn't steal it on purpose!" Hayoung said to the police officer for the nth time.
"Yeah right, and I'm not y at all," the officer scoffed.
"PFFT...you're saying that as if you are," Hayoung snorted, holding in her laughter. "Please do me a favour and not make the dinner that my beautiful girlfriend prepared for me come out of my throat, Officer y."
"Why, you 'lil–" The officer stopped herself in time before continuing, "You remind me of someone frustrating..." She sighed.

Suddenly, a shoe fell from the ceiling and hit the officer right on her head.
"Wat the ," the officer said as she stared at the shoe lying innocently on the ground before looking up, right into the eyes of a figure hanging upside down just like a bat. "Wat the ," she repeated.
"Good to see you again, too!" The figure greeted cheerfully.
"What are you doing here, you pest!" Bomi picked up the shoe and threw it at the assassin. "And what kind of assassin walks around revealing her face?!"
"Stop throwing things at me, you brute!" Eunji swatted the flying shoe away frantically. "I lost my mask..." She pretended to sob and wiped a fake tear.


Bomi rolled her eyes irritatedly while Hayoung giggled at the side. She liked this person already.
Eunji hopped towards Hayoung and scanned the latter from head to toe before blurting out, "Can I have her?"
Bomi's jaw dropped while Hayoung's eyes widened.
"What?!" "I have a girlfriend!!"
"Relax, I didn't mean it that way. You two didn't have to react like that," she snickered and waved her hand carelessly.
"I've always wanted a sidekick!" She piped up. "And I plan on expanding my 'business', if you know what I mean..." She wiggled her eyebrows and grinned mischievously. "Hey, kid! Wanna join me?"
Hayoung's eyes lit up and she nodded furiously. "Okay!!"

And they both left from where Eunji came from, vanishing without a trace. Except for the shoe that was left behind.

Bomi picked up the shoe and examined it. It looked expensive, maybe she could blackmail the assassin with it one day. Then, she spotted a few words sewn onto the inside of the shoe.

"Jung...Eun...Ji..."


"JUNG EUN JI?!"