Act 4: The Quiet One

Adventure Time

A girl was seen pacing back and forth in her bedroom, contemplating about something. She looked down at the small card in her hand and sighed.
Ever since her encounter with that stupid assassin, her mind has been filled with thoughts of the latter. That low and husky voice. That dangerous yet mischievous glint that was always in her eyes. How hot...
But the most important was how she was able to make her feel so comfortable even though it was their first time meeting.
She made her decision. She wanted to see that hot stuff again.

She grabbed her phone and dialled the number that was on the namecard. 
Soon, she was hearing the continuous ringing sound and fiddled with the hem of her skirt nervously.
Almost instantaneously, the call was picked up and she could feel her heart racing as she heard the person's voice on the other end of the line.

"Good evening!! How may the great watashi be of service?"
"..."
"Hello?"
"..."
"D'you get the wrong number?"
"..."
"Ah! It's you isn't it, princess?"
"..."
"Do you have a job for me? You didn't seem that kind, though..."
"..."
"Y'know what, I'll be over in a second."
----
Once the call ended, the girl huffed in annoyance at how she wasn't able to speak a single word, as usual.
As she turned around, she was met with a pair of smiling eyes. That person wasn't kidding when she said she'd be over in a second.
"AHHHHHHHHH!!!" She screamed.
"ARGHH!!" The intruder yelled back, rubbing her ears furiously. "I didn't know you had that in you, princess! So, what can I do for you?"
"..."
"C'mon, talk to me..." 
Suddenly, the assassin grinned cheekily.
"Aha! You just wanted to see me, didn't you~" She teased, poking the girl's shoulder repeatedly before getting clobbered by a bolster.
", what's that bolster made of?! No, not the face! Watch the face!!" 
"Oy, I didn't come here to get hi–Ack!" And she had bolster for dinner tonight.

The beatings stopped out of a sudden, and she bravely went closer to observe the now looking down girl.
"Hey what's wro...Oh, are you blushing? Haha! How cute!"
With that, the girl abruptly turned to face the wall to hide her reddened face.
The assassin was about to approach the girl, but stopped due to a few loud urgents knocks on the door.
"Naeun! I heard screaming, are you alright?" A worried voice was heard from the other side.
"Naeun?! I'm coming in."
As the doorknob turned, Naeun panicked and shoved the clueless assassin into her closet carelessly.
"Oh, looks like you're fine. Had a nightmare?" Naeun's mom spoke with a gentle tone.
Naeun nodded and gave her mom a sheepish smile, assuring her that she was alright before sending her out.

After closing the door, Naeun leaned her back against the door and heaved a sigh of relief.
"Can I come out now?" A muffled voice came from the closet.
Naeun nodded again, before realizing that the assassin couldn't see her and proceeded to open the closet.
She almost burst out into laughter at the sight that greeted her. The assassin's body was contorted due to the tiny space, one leg over her head with her now visible face scrunched up in discomfort. Her mask had apparently fallen off somewhere when Naeun was shoving her Hello Kitty bolster of steel into her face.
"FREEDOM!!" She wiggled out and dropped onto the floor with a loud thud. Naeun winced as the assassin's face met the ground.
"So," she got up from the floor immediately as if nothing happened and smiled widely at the girl, "Your name's Naeun, huh? A pretty name suitable for a beautiful girl such as you."
Naeun blushed, looking anywhere else except at the assassin.

Suddenly, she felt herself being pinned onto the wall roughly.
"But...now that you've seen my face, what should I do? Hmm?" The assassin breathed out huskily and stared at the flustered girl intensely.
With her being so close, Naeun took the chance to examine the assassin's features. She discovered the numerous piercings on both her ears, which just increased her level of attractiveness in Naeun's eyes. Not to mention that well-defined jawline. Mmm, mamacita...
As their gazes met, Naeun felt herself losing control.
Without warning, she grabbed the assassin's face roughly and smashed their lips together.
Astonished, the assassin pushed her away and fled to the other side of the room.

"W-What did you just do?! My lips!" She protected her chest with her arms as she trembled in the corner with teary eyes. "You...you lustful beast!!"
As Naeun took a step towards her, the assassin shrieked in terror. 
"NOOO! Stay away!!" She yelled as she scrambled out of the window and disappeared once again into the shadows.
----
Left all alone again, Naeun sighed for the nth time that night.
As she recalled the happenings earlier on, she giggled to herself. Looks like the oh-so-confident assassin had a cute side to her too.
While walking back to her bed, she felt a piece of fabric under her foot.
Picking the black cloth up, she realised that it was the mask that the assassin always wore. She could feel something embroidered at the back of the mask and flipped it over.
Turns out that the assassin had her name sewn onto the mask. What kind of leaves herself open like that?
Naeun's lips slowly curved into a smile, tracing the words with her fingertips as she mumbled.


"Jung Eunji..."