Act 7: Adventure Time

Adventure Time

Bomi and Chorong stared at the intruder with their eyes and mouths wide open as the girl stood at the door, panting heavily.
Bomi blinked furiously and stuttered awkwardly, "Y-Yes how may I h-help you, Miss?"
Chorong giggled softly to herself as the tough officer had unknowingly thrown away her cold facade that moment.

The girl composed herself and began explaining how her girlfriend had completely vanished without a trace for three days. "I got mad at her and left her behind without turning back. It's all my fault! What if she got kidnapped?! NOOO! My Hayoungie!!" She began her ugly sobbing again.

Chorong's heart clenched, feeling sympathy for the girl. 'I'd be so devastated if I were to lose someone so important to me too...' She thought to herself, taking a quick glance at Bomi who had on a stoic expression. In just a short period of time, she had already figured out Bomi's true personality. The officer always seemed so aloof and indifferent, but in actual fact she cares just as much. It was all just a pretense – a wall she built to protect herself.

Suddenly, a box of tissue flew across the room as it hit the girl right smack on the face.
"Stop crying already, you look gross. Sheesh!"
Okay, maybe Chorong needed to get to know Bomi a little more.
----

As the girl calmed herself down once again, Bomi began her interrogation.
"How does your lover look like, Namjoo-ssi?"
"Well, she's really tall..."
"Thanks, that helps a lot." Bomi replied sarcastically.
Namjoo, who sensed the sarcasm, pouted childishly. Just then, her eyes lit up.
"Ah! I don't know if this will help but she's a kleptomaniac."
"Kleptomaniac?" Bomi and Chorong looked at each other cluelessly.
"Yep! It means that she has an uncontrollable desire to steal stuff and there's no specific reason why, actually." 
"Hmm, come to think of it I arrested a girl who stole something a few days ago..." Bomi contemplated.
"Here's a picture."
Namjoo whipped out her phone and showed them a picture of herself and her girlfriend.
Bomi gasped.
"That...that fire hydrant!!"
----

"HACHOO!"
"Seriously, Hayoung-ah? I'm beginning to think you're doing this on purpose." Eunji groaned, wiping the snot off her arm.
"No! Why would I? And that thing next to you looks like she wants to throw me into a boiling pot of soup. Why'd you even bring her along?" Hayoung complained, not-so-subtly gesturing to a Naeun who was behind Eunji. The girl simply continued glaring daggers at her. "Hooo...save me mommy," Hayoung shuddered.

"That's what you get for bailing out on me and not helping me, loser."
"And you just went walking around with her on your back. What in the world?"
"Like I said, that's your problem 'cuz I don't mind at all." Eunji shrugged and stuck her tongue out.
"Does it look like I can even go near her?!" Hayoung demonstrated by approaching Naeun cautiously and stretched her hand towards her slowly. "C'mon Naeun unnie, I don't bite..."
Just then, Naeun hissed loudly and started clawing Hayoung's face.
"OWW OW OW!! Well obviously she's the one who bites!" Hayoung cried out in pain, "What is she, a cat?!"
"AHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Good girl, Naeunnie!" Eunji roared out in laughter, patting Naeun's head. The girl blushed in response, hiding behind Eunji's shoulder shyly.
"But now she keeps clinging onto me! I mean, not that I mind or anything...Hehehe..." Eunji grinned ertedly.
"Ugh. Whatever. Just make sure she stays at least five metres away from me."
----

Bomi rubbed her temple, groaning inwardly. "Everything is such a coincidence," she mumbled to herself.
"Do you know her, officer?!" Namjoo asked Bomi excitedly.
"Yes I do," Bomi replied. 
"In fact, she was the girl I arrested a few days back..." She sighed, before continuing hesitantly, "...but she went off with someone else."
"Huh? Who?" Namjoo raised her eyebrows curiously.
Bomi pursed her lips and pointed to a poster at the back with her thumb.
"Wha–? Train to Bu–PUHAHHAAHA!" Namjoo exploded in laughter as she read the rest of the name. "Oh, my stomach! HAHAHA!"
Chorong, who was sitting quietly at the side, giggled too at the ridiculous name.
Bomi rolled her eyes but let out a small smile at the scene.

For the past few days, Bomi had been thinking of ways to lure Eunji to her. Usually the nuisance of an assassin would drop in, literally, to annoy the out of her at random times of the day. However, ever since she "kidnapped" Hayoung, she hadn't been appearing lately. But now that the opportunity came knocking right at her door, or more like barging through, she couldn't afford to lose this chance of finally reuniting with her long lost best friend.

"Alright alright, that's enough. We've got some people to search for." 
Namjoo, who was still rolling on the floor laughing, got up abruptly and cheered energetically.
"Yay! Let's go then!"

And that was the beginning of an adventure. I guess.