We meet again...

Us against the World

Ghost? Ghost? That's so weird... I guess it sort of suits him, but still, who's nickname is GHOST?!

With a sigh, you get up from bed for your morning lecture. You spot the unfamiliar jacket, hung over the back of your chair, where you left it last night. It smelt of him, a deliciously subtle hint of cologne mixed with something else, which you guess must be his own scent. You sniff it again, basking in the smell.

You get out the door with a few minutes to spare and head over to breakfast. He's not there, but you forgot to bring the jacket to return to him anyway. You see Guylian and go to sit with her.

"Hey!" she greets you, "Something interesting happen last night?" She's scrutinising your face. "You look tired."

"Um, not really, just unused to the bed I guess, so I didn't sleep that well."  Actually, you had spent most of the night replaying the short time you had with JoongKi over and over again in your head. What to do about him? It seemed that you weren't able to forget him, as he wished, but you didn't want to bother him either. You let out a sigh.

Guylian looks at you suspiciously. "Are you sure nothing's up?"

"Yeah, just tired, and I seriously fall asleep in lectures even when I'm not tired! I guess I'll have to put up with it.... Shall we go?"

You head over to the lecture hall together and listen to the lecturer drone on about economics. Well, Guylian was listening to the lecturer. You, on the other hand, couldn't stop thinking about how to get to know JoongKi better.

Well, I can start with giving him back his jacket. But then what? He doesn't seem like he wants to talk to me, he probably thinks I'm annoying or something. Should I just leave it? But he looks so sad and tired all the time, shouldn't I help? If I'm the only one that knows, shouldn't I at least look out for him? But he's 25 years old, he can look after himself. BUT IT'S SONG JOONGKI. I always dreamed of meeting a hot Korean guy, after all those dramas, and now here is one, in my university, right in front of me. This opportunity is too good to miss!! Just talk to him. If it fails, well, at least I tried....

Your mind jolts back to the room, where everyone had just started packing up their things. Eh? Finished already?

"Hey, Angel, I'm going to eat with some other friends for lunch, you wanna come along? They're really nice, I think you'll get along with them really well!"

"Uh, yeah, sure, thanks for inviting me,"

"No problem, let's go! We're eating in town, is Pizza Express okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine,"

You walk into the centre of Oxford with Guylian. I guess I'll just have to give him back his jacket later. He's probably not even noticed that it was missing.

"So what's up with you and that guy?" Guylian asked.

"Oh it's nothing, I only met him yesterday. I thought I recognised him, but I didn't. He's really quiet, it's actually quite scary."

"You should get to know him! I bet he's amazing in bed, the quiet ones always are," she replied, with a cheeky smirk.

Your mouth dropped.

"Guylian! How can you even say that? You don't even know him! Although he is rather yummy, right?" you giggled along. You were a bit shocked, but you had never had a friend like her before, so free and open. No wonder she was so popular. You couldn't help but smile.

Lunch passed by in a happy blur. You could only remember a few names, the rest was just general chit-chat about courses, tutors, work and places to go out to. You had made some new friends, Roxy (petite brunette), Hyun Woo and  Kyung Mi (a happy Korean couple), Kevin (gay) and a girl who's name you couldn't quite remember (Suki? Suzi? Lizzy?), all of whom were amazingly friendly and not geeky at all, despite all attending Oxford.

As you walked back, you passed the park. You noticed a small figure sitting on a bench by themselves.

"You guys go on ahead," you called, "I'll catch up with you later!"

They waved, and you headed towards the lonely person on the bench. As you got closer, you saw that his head was bowed, and that, it was JoongKi, just as you suspected.

As you approached him, you froze. In front of you was Song JoongKi. And he was crying.