Present....

Us against the World

Opening your eyes, you realised it was Christmas morning. Ahhhh..... you snuggled into your duvet, not wanting to leave it's warmth for the cold world outside.

Just a few more minutes......

You heard a soft knock on your door. Who could it be? Mum and Dad are definitely not up this early, its only 8:00am!!

"Are you awake?" you heard JoongKi's voice through the door.

"Uhh.... can you give me 5 minutes?" you whispered, not wanting to wake your parents.

Secretly in your mind, you were thinking, AHDKLHGAKLHDKALHGKALHGKL WHAT IS THIS?? Coming into your room at this time of the morning, while everyone else is asleep? What is he thinking?!

You ran a brush through your unbelievably tangled hair, and brushed your teeth as quickly as possibly, thanking God that you had a sink in your room. After making a quick decision between getting dressed and putting on make-up, you go with the make-up. Splashing your face with water, then applying BB cream and powder, along with mascara, even you were surprised at the speed you managed to look half decent.

You didn't really mind if he saw your pajamas (even if they were just an Super Show Tour t-shirt with tracksuit bottoms), or even that you were wearing glasses with practically no eye make-up, but you refused to let him see you with bad skin. It wasn't even that bad, but still....you weren't in THAT kind of a relationship (yet)...

You tentatively opened the door, and was greeted by a magnificent sight. Standing right outside your door was.......well, JoongKi. But this time, it was different. Every time you had seen him before, you had always both been washed and fully dressed before seeing each other at breakfast. This was the first time you had met like this. Joongki's always-clear skin had a heathy glow to it, but his eyes were still sleepy, as if he hadn't fully woken up yet. He had the first signs of stubble on his chin, not enough to show up a lot, but enough so that it was obvious he hadn't shaved for at least a day. But best of all was his hair. It had grown a bit since you first met him, and so the longish, slightly wavy, ebony hair was messy, with random pieces sticking out. It looked.......well, really y.

Taking all this in, you stood open mouthed in your doorway, before mumbling "Wait, I forgot something," and shutting the door.

You lay down on your bed, trying to calm your racing heart. CALM DOWN! your brain screamed at you. After a minute, you felt sufficiently calm to open the door again. He was still there, waiting patiently, and as he saw you, he gave a shy smile which made your heartrate increase again.

You swallowed nervously and his smile immediately changed from shy to a smirk, as if he knew what you were thinking.

"I've got your Christmas present," he said, "Can I come in for a second?"

"Oh, ummm sure," you stuttered and let him through, closing the door behind him.

"Here," he handed you a small box. You opened it and your jaw dropped open.

Inside, were a pair of couple rings. They both had twin hearts, intertwined by a vine that twisted around the whole ring, the only difference between them was the thicker, more rectangular band for the male ring, while the female one was smaller and more rounded around the edges.

He suddenly seemed embarassed. "Ummm....I know we haven't known each other for long, and we've been dating for even less time than that, but I really wanted to show you my sincerity. Of course, if it's too soon, you don't have to accept it, I'll understand. It's just -"

"Shhhh.... I love it. It's absolutely beautiful. But I can't wear it until we get back to Oxford." You were probably more disappointed than he was, you wanted to proudly show it off to the whole world, but in any case, you took the male ring out of the box and slipped it onto his finger.

"I know, that's why I didn't give it to you in front of your parents. I've bought you a scarf as a pretend present," he said, smiling faintly.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. It means everything to me. But it seems that great minds think alike. I bought you a present, but I bought socks as a pretense. Here," you said with a laugh, handing him a couple phone case.They weren't too obvious until you put them together, so I thought I would risk it. I knew my parents would get me the white version of the Samsung Galaxy S3, while JoongKi had the blue version, so it was perfect.

"I hope you like it......" you muttered, wondering if it was too girly for him.

"Of course I do, I'll put it on now," he said, and he did.

You spontaneously gave him a hug, feeling the warmth of his body press against you, his heart beating against yours, and you never wanted to let go. You felt his arms wrap around your waist, hugging you back, making the moment one you never wanted to forget.

"You're like a real life version of the guys in dramas, you know," you whispered against his shoulder.

"And you're exactly like the delusional fangirls that the people in the industry fear," he laughed.

"Hey! That's not nice, even though its probably true...."

You both started to hear the stirring from your mum and dad's room, so JoongKi sneaked back to his own room, to pretend to wake up in time for presents.

After the traditional opening of the presents in the morning, followed by going to church, you went back home to eat lunch and prepare for all the extended family to come round for dinner.

Which then reminded you. All your extended family, including both sets of grandparents, plus aunts, uncles and cousins would be meeting JoongKi. In any other circumstances, you would have no problem with that. But now there was a slight issue. One of your cousins was gay, and JoongKi was very good-looking.