Chapter 3

Fools in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Things went on smoothly for all of you the past weeks. Woohyun started dating Nara without asking a help from you as he had said. But he still drives you home and school as he promised. Sometimes with Nara.

Today is Woohyun’s graduation day. You saw him ran to Nara after he had received his Diploma and kissed her on her lips.

“The playboy has been tamed” you thought

You are sitting in the midst of the crowds beside his parents. You felt a strange feeling when you watched his friends, the Infinite as they approached the two and made a group picture with Nara in the middle. “It should have been me.” You thought and instantly look away as you felt tears verging to fall from your eyes.

You excused yourself and went to the restroom constantly wiping the tears that fell one by one in your cheeks. You look down to avoid being seen by anyone.

Woohyun was about to call you for a group picture but he saw you leaving the side of his parents. He saw you wiping your tears. “What’s wrong with her? Is he crying?” he asked himself.

“Oppa, one more pic.” Nara said and tilted Woohyun’s head to face the camera. Woohyun, though he’s worried to see you that way, smiled sweetly as he hang his hand on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

When you reached the restroom, the tears you’ve been trying to control flows freely. You went inside of one of the cubicle and cried to your heart content. You don’t know why you are crying in the first place. You just feel like you’ve been carrying a full load of sadness in your heart that you yourself cannot explain.

You retouched the powder in your face and putted some more lipstick to your lips as you take back your composure before you went back to the scene.

You noticed Woohyun’s parents standing near a post as they waited for their son who is busy taking pictures with his classmates.

You walked towards their side and standsbeside them watching Woohyun.

Woohyun noticed you’re with his parents already. He grabbed Nara’s hands and they walked towards your way.

“Congratulations!.” You greeted him giving him a smile as they reach your way.

Nara bowed to his parents. His parents know about Nara and they did not say any protest when he once brought her home and introduced her to them. Who would not like a pretty, sweet and nice daughter-in-law, right?

“Thank you." He answered as he pulled you in a hug. Woohyun, though you’re smiling knows that you’re sad because he can see it in your eyes. He noticed the redness in it but he didn’t say a word.

You surely miss his hug. You feel warmth and relieved whenever he hugs you. You wished for the time to stop to feel more of him but you saw from your peripheral view that Nara pouted. You quickly pulled out from the hug. She once said she’s feeling uneasy with your skinship though you told her it’s just a sibling-like affection, she still asked you to lessen your skinship with him.

Woohyun walked towards his parents and gave them both a hug.

“Let’s have a simple celebration.” Mrs. Nam announced.

You all walked to the parking area.

“Come ride with us.” Woohyun said as he grabbed your hand but you stopped him.

You shook your head. “I have some of my stuff left in your parents’ car. And I think you guys need some time alone.” You said faking a smile

“Alright, if you insist.’ He said and he lets go of your hand and watched you walked in his parents car.

You felt strange these past weeks. You should be proud of Woohyun for being the better person he has become. The playboy he used to be has gone and came out as a loving and serious Woohyun. The Woohyun only you used to know was now introduced to Nara. You barely see and talked to each other now since he spends most of his time with Nara. You only see him in the morning as he drives you to school and after school as he drives you home. He barely tells his stories now which you used to hear before you sleep. You miss him. You do. But you just can’t have him and it hurts you even more.

“Are you okay, Haeun?” Mrs. Nam asked when she heard you let out a sigh and slightly turned her head to see you.

“Yes, tita.” You smiled

“How’s your parents?”

“They’re getting worst.” You confessed. Mr. and Mrs. Nam has become your second parents and they know most of your hardships and stories.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter