First day with Yeri

Living with 5 sisters

RIIIINNGGGG*

Kyung-Ham reach out and hit the alarm clock. Today was going to be the first day of school for him. He has not been to school since he quit a few years ago to work to help his mother with their financial issues. He looked at the uniform hanging on his cupboard door. It was the same as Yeri’s. 

Kyung-Ham got ready and headed for the kitchen, where as usual breakfast was already prepared by Irene. Yeri was already in her school uniform. She was more excited that her brother was starting school with her today, excited than Kyung-Ham himself.

“Morning Oppa!” Yeri smiling at him while having a bowl of cereal. “Hurry and eat you breakfast we don’t want to be late!”

“Morning Yeri, morning noonas.” Kyung-Ham said as he grabbed his seat.

“Oppa I know I have not spend a day with you like the rest of the unnies, but would you consider this as our day spent together?” Yeri said as she put another mouthful of cereal into .

“Sure. Will we be in the same class?” 

“Daddy has made arrangement for that already so don’t worry about it.”

“Alright then.” 

Soon the 2 of them were done and the driver started the car and they were on the way to school.
While in the car Yeri talked about how the school was and how the principal was a really nice lady. Yeri also went on to explain how a day was like in school and about the after school activities that were available for them.

“It’s too bad that I’m in cheerleading, which only allows girls to join. Maybe you can find something that’s on the same day as cheerleading then we could go home together everyday.”

“Sure I’ll look into it.” 

“Oh good we’re here.” the car stopped and the both of them alighted. They waved goodbye to their driver and headed to the main gate. There they were greeted by many students rushing into the school. 

“Yeri-ah!” the heard a call from behind them.

They turned and were greeted by a girl with bangs and big eyes. 

“Sae-Ron Ah!” Yeri smiled widely and ran over and gave her a hug.

They were the best of friends since the beginning of elementary school and could not be separated. 

“Who’s that?” Sae-Ron asked when she noticed that Kyung-Ham was just standing there. 

“He’s a new student. I have to show him to the principal’s office first. I’ll tell you more later okay? See you in class.”

Yeri waved to Sae-Ron and grabbed Kyung-Ham by the arm and pulled him into the school. Soon they were in front of the principal’s office. Yeri told Kyung-Ham to go in and that she would head to class first.

Knock knock*

“Come in.”

“Good Morning Madam, I am Uhm...”

“Kyung-Ham, yes I know, have a seat.”

Kyung-Ham did as he was told. He paid attention to the principal’s desk. ‘Kwon Bo-Ah’ 

“Hi, I am Principal Kwon.” She reached out her hand for a shake. “Your father already called and made arrangements for your application and enrollment.”

Knock knock*

“Come in.”

A girl in uniform came in holding a few things in her hands.

“Principal Kwon, here’s what you asked for. Will there be anything else?”

“No. Thank you, Chae-Yeon. You may go back class now.” Principal Kwon said as Chae-Yeon placed the things on the table. As the door closed behind her, “That was Jung Chae-Yeon, our school’s student council president.”

The principal arranged the items that Chae-Yeon brought in. “Here are the things you will need for your classes.”
Kyung-Ham saw a student card with his picture on it, a timetable and wristband. Principal Kwon pick the wristband up, “Here’s your access band. You will need to wear it as long as you’re in school. It’s used to take attendance for classes and for you to be able to access certain facilities such as the student lounge. You can also use it to buy food from the cafeteria. Do you have anything you’re unsure about?”

“No Principal Kwon.” Kyung-Ham replied.

“Good, here’s your student card and timetable. You should put the band on now.” Kyung-Ham did as he was told. “Alright let me show you to your first class, your sister Yeri is in the same class as you so I’ll leave it to her to show you around the school for the rest of the day.”

After a short walk they arrived outside a classroom. “Here’s your first class, be sure to have a look at the after school activities board to see which one you want to join.”

“Yes, I will. Thank you Principal Kwon.” Kyung-Ham gave the principal a bow before she left.

The lesson had already began, and the math teacher Kim Hee-Chul was teaching calculus, when Kyung-Ham knocked on the door.

“Ah, yes come in. I’m Kim Hee-Chul your homeroom and math teacher.” He reached out for a handshake. “You can sit anywhere where there’s an empty same. We will do the introductions later.”

Kyung-Ham looked around and saw a seat behind Sae-Ron and Yeri, who was frantically waving at him, chose to sit there.

“Oppa. This is Sae-Ron. My bestie for life. Sae-Ron, this is my oppa. ”

“Hi.” Sae-Ron smiled at him. 

Soon the lesson ended and the teacher called for Kyung-Ham. 

“Would our new student stand up. Please introduce yourself.” 

“Hi everyone, I am Uhm Kyung-Ham. Nice to meet all of you.” Kyung-Ham gave a bow as he introduced himself. 

The class gave a polite applause and they each shouted out their names for Kyung-Ham to hear.

Before long, the day ended and students started leaving the school. Yeri came up to her Brother and grabbed him by the arm. 

“Come oppa, I'll take you to the after school activities board.”

The board was colourful and filled with many interesting activities such as, rowing club, Taekwondo club and the toast masters. However, only one caught Kyung-Ham’s eye. 

“See anything you like?” Yeri asked. 

“Yes. K-pop dance.”

[Author’s Note]
Hi. Next chapter up. Thank you for subscribers! A longer chapter this time. I'm still unsure of where the story will go. I may pause for a few days to get some inspiration. Thank you for the support. Leave feedback and subscribe for the latest chapters. =)