The Truth

Living with 5 sisters

 

“She asked for you”

 

Kyung-Ham looked up and saw a doctor standing in front of him. “Come, she’s waiting”

 

Kyung-Ham stood up from where he was and followed the doctor closely behind. He was dragging his feet as he could not bare to look what the state that his mother was in.

 

As he stepped into the room, he saw his mother, lips pale, balding, and all skin and bones.

 

“Son.”

 

“Hi mom.” He forced a smile and grabbed her bony fingers

 

“I don’t have much time left my son.”

 

“Don’t say that mom, you will be better, the docs will fix you up.” he said as tears rolled down his cheeks. “Don’t leave me alone.”

 

“You won’t be my dear.” she coughed twice.

 

At that moment the hospital equipment started beeping. “My drawer at home. A letter. Read it”

 

Her weak grip on Kyung-Ham’s hands got weaker. The doctors rushed into the room and nurses started to pull him away. “Please sir, let the doctors tend to her. Please wait outside”

 

“I love you son.” with that his mother let go of her grip on Kyung-Ham.

 

Standing at where he was earlier Kyung-Ham looked at the ground. “I’m sorry sir, we have done all we could.” the doctor came out of the room. “She’s gone.”

 

A few days passed and a funeral was held for Kyung-Ham’s mother. After returning home, Kyung-Ham started to pack his mother’s belongings. It was then he remembered the letter in the drawer. He found it addressed to him.

 

“My dear Kyung-Ham. If you are reading this it would mean I have passed on. I know that I have kept the truth of you father a secret from you all this time. Lee Soo-Man. The entrepreneur. He is your father. We met while i was working in his office and soon after I was pregnant with you. He wanted a son, since he already had 3 daughters at the time. He was extremely elated that he had you. However his wife soon found out and I could not be with him and raise you together with him. I was forced to leave the company after and cut off all contact with him. I have but last one request. Go to him. You need a father and he needs to know that his son is alive and well.


Kyung-Ham tipped the envelop and a necklace slipped out.

 

[Author's Note]

Hi everybody, A little background on our OC before the begining of the story proper. I know its kind of tragic but I have more planned so stay tuned. This is the first time I am writing a fanfic so if you like the story so far please subscribe and give your feed back in the comments. Thank you!=)